Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    This ******* sucks, another low night, feel really bad and just want to take up cutting again :cry:
    :hugs:

Have you called them up yet?

(Original post by Loz17)
    Stayed in bed until quater to 3 today. Didn't want to get up. Had no motivation and felt like no reason too :sigh:
    It is getting worse but I don't know what to do about it :cry2:
    A start would be to tell someone that it's getting worse so that they can recommend something. Are you seeing a doctor or taking drugs etc? That'd be your best bet to tell them.

Quarter to 3 isn't too bad, and it is sunday.... :p:

(Original post by Sabertooth)
    A start would be to tell someone that it's getting worse so that they can recommend something. Are you seeing a doctor or taking drugs etc? That'd be your best bet to tell them.

Quarter to 3 isn't too bad, and it is sunday.... :p:
    Yea but when you've got a lot of work to do....

Maybe. I did get a letter from the uni GP's saying they want to see me to discuss my history of "emotional problems" (they've transferred and analysed my NHS record) and I only have 2 weeks of meds left so I need to go :erm:

I don't want to speak to a new doctor though but its not easy for me to go home being 250 miles away with almost no money...

Does anybody have shifting moods?

(Original post by vitamortis)
    Does anybody have shifting moods?
    These days, yes.
    Atm, mostly down but when I'm busy, I'm happy as larry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Yea but when you've got a lot of work to do....

Maybe. I did get a letter from the uni GP's saying they want to see me to discuss my history of "emotional problems" (they've transferred and analysed my NHS record) and I only have 2 weeks of meds left so I need to go :erm:

I don't want to speak to a new doctor though but its not easy for me to go home being 250 miles away with almost no money...
    Good point about the work. Maybe you could try what that other person was doing, like once you're at uni go to the library when you're free or stay later before getting the bus home? Getting out of bed when the only motivation is so you can do work is near impossible so I don't blame you there.

The new doctor might be really really nice, some of them are, it's incredible. So you might get lucky.

ReputationRep:

Have you called them up yet?
    Yeah got assessment forms for counselling that I need to drop back tomorrow.

I'm gonna hide in my room for the rest of the day. Was sociable at cheerleading but **** it I don't care any more. I can't muster up the energy to be nice to people. I have reading I should do, laundry to do, my room's a tip, an assignment due next week that I haven't even started and a few others to start but I think I'm just going to curl up on my bed and cuddle my pillow. :o:

Good point about the work. Maybe you could try what that other person was doing, like once you're at uni go to the library when you're free or stay later before getting the bus home? Getting out of bed when the only motivation is so you can do work is near impossible so I don't blame you there.

The new doctor might be really really nice, some of them are, it's incredible. So you might get lucky.
    I live on campus so thats ok.

I hope so. I need some help.

I can't do this :cry:

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    I couldn't even overdose properly. Such a failure. :sigh:
    Don't OD. Rarely works and ***** you up even more
    I need someone to come and hide these scissors from me before I do something stupid.

Actually, don;t do ti at all - get help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Yeah got assessment forms for counselling that I need to drop back tomorrow.

I'm gonna hide in my room for the rest of the day. Was sociable at cheerleading but **** it I don't care any more. I can't muster up the energy to be nice to people. I have reading I should do, laundry to do, my room's a tip, an assignment due next week that I haven't even started and a few others to start but I think I'm just going to curl up on my bed and cuddle my pillow. :o:
    The cheerleading is a good start, congratulate yourself for going and being sociable and try to relax now. Don't worry about the other stuff right now, you did something today which is good, take a break, get a drink, maybe look at doing something in a few hours.

(Original post by Loz17)
    I live on campus so thats ok.

I hope so. I need some help.

I can't do this :cry:
    You got any friends you could meet up with at the library or something? Working together is often easier. And yeah, you should see that doctor there, travelling 250 miles each time you need to see a doctor isn't really ideal.

:hugs: Go put the scissors in the kitchen.

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't even overdose properly. Such a failure. :sigh:

You got any friends you could meet up with at the library or something? Working together is often easier. And yeah, you should see that doctor there, travelling 250 miles each time you need to see a doctor isn't really ideal.

:hugs: Go put the scissors in the kitchen.
    I've put them in my drawer for now so they're out of reach

I'm going to cook dinner with a friend soon so hopefulyl I'll be ok, just preparing ymself from leaving the room and getting there without being seen really. Can't deal with people today

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: for everyone feeling bad at the moment.

Sabertooth, how is settling in going?

ReputationRep:
    The cheerleading is a good start, congratulate yourself for going and being sociable and try to relax now. Don't worry about the other stuff right now, you did something today which is good, take a break, get a drink, maybe look at doing something in a few hours.
    Well it wasn't good because I was a side base and kept ******* it up for the rest of the stunt team I was with... ***** sake, I can't even do that properly. It's simple, you bend your knees, hold their foot with your hand and then push forward and let go to bring them down. She nearly faceplanted because of me twice.

I have managed to go and make a cup of tea. In a plastic cup, admittedly, cos all my mugs are needing washing and that's just far too much effort, but tea none the less.

ReputationRep:
    I already did, well tried to, 2/3 days ago.

Kept vomiting before I could take enough to even count as an overdose and then my friend found me.

Get help lol. Help is useless.

Stay away from those scissors. :shifty:

ODing is horrible. I can't even look at paracetamol without wanting to hurl now... Let alone smell it. Taking 2 tablets takes me about half an hour :o: Did you go to A+E? You should get yourself checked out physically if you didn't.

ReputationRep:
    People are starting to notice that I haven't been eating at all, getting worried about them confronting me.

And yes, ODing sucks ass. I tried twice and got really creepy arm convulsions for seemingly hours that terrified me.

ReputationRep:
    Will the Crisis Team or night support line help with parasuicidal/self harm by overdose thoughts or is that just for full on suidicidal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fail Whale)
    Will the Crisis Team or night support line help with parasuicidal/self harm by overdose thoughts or is that just for full on suidicidal?
    I'm presuming they won't turn you away... Give them a ring if you need them :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fail Whale)
    I have been told to ring even if its just struggling to get to sleep so

ReputationRep:
    tomorrow is the day that I should have been going back to uni...fml I am actually just a useless failure and dont know why I bother typing on here, when everyone has their own problems to deal with and don't need me going on about mine...I could just stop but then I'd have nowhere else to vent. They'll all have a right laugh tomorrow when they realise Im not there...I don't even want to leave my room

ReputationRep:
    I don't know whether to call somebody or not. I am having thoughts of ODing and even though I am strong enough to resist them I am still finding it pretty distressing.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.