Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    :sigh: Had two lectures today... 10am and 12pm. Told my flatmate I'd see him in the 12pm as I wasn't feeling up to the 10am. Obviously, I am not there. :sigh: Can't even go two weeks without slipping into the old habits of bunking off. What am I even doing here?

:hugs: Have you tried relaxation to calm yourself down? Or going for a run or something? Something to get rid of the tension and take your mind off of things.
    well...10am is pretty early, so it's kind of understandable. You're there to get a degree, missing a few classes isn't going to stop you doing that, you're struggling and trying to cope as best you can so don't beat yourself up over it, just try again next time. If you don't manage it then either then try again after that. Everyone messes up or has bad days, you have depression so the bad days are probably going to be a lot more frequent. If it makes you feel any better, I'm in 3rd year....I missed probably over 50% of my 1st and 2nd year classes. Are the notes online? You could try reading over them when you're feeling up to it.

I'd love to go for a run but reckon I've got shin splints right now so it'd be kind of painful :p: It's a good idea though...hmmm, possibly have sports practice later this week so that might help relieve some stress.

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    I couldn't even overdose properly. Such a failure. :sigh:
    You go and attempt suicide as TSR is just about to be upgraded? :naughty:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm glad you are OK!

ReputationRep:
    erghh feel like I can't breath today,like a weight on my chest...don't think i'll take the propranolol or co codamol today just the citalopram
    feel so dizzy, tired, warm...
    headaches still there

Spoiler:
    Show

I'm not. :sigh:
    :hugs::hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Just called a doctor to make appointment and forgot what time it was for at the second I put the phone down. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    ****, I forgot to take my ADs yesterday. :erm: The leaflet doesn't mention anything about missed doses, what am I supposed to do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    ****, I forgot to take my ADs yesterday. :erm: The leaflet doesn't mention anything about missed doses, what am I supposed to do?
    Do you take them at night or in the morning? The usual advice is to skip the dose if it's near your next one already, because if you take it too close it'll be like taking double. But, I should mention in case you haven't guessed, I am neither a pharmacist or doctor so if you're really unsure then just go into a pharmacist and ask. I missed it plenty of times, it's never a problem with ADs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Do you take them at night or in the morning? The usual advice is to skip the dose if it's near your next one already, because if you take it too close it'll be like taking double. But, I should mention in case you haven't guessed, I am neither a pharmacist or doctor so if you're really unsure then just go into a pharmacist and ask. I missed it plenty of times, it's never a problem with ADs.
    Morning. I just skipped to the next one :erm: It's lucky I'm coming off them soon because I am getting so crap with taking them - I wouldn't be surprised if I was a week behind TBH

ReputationRep:
    Morning. I just skipped to the next one :erm: It's lucky I'm coming off them soon because I am getting so crap with taking them - I wouldn't be surprised if I was a week behind TBH
    I'm sure you'll be fine.

How come you're coming off them?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you'll be fine.

How come you're coming off them?
    I don't need them any more really, they've pretty much worked and there's not any improvement to be gained from them. I think I'll always be an unsociable little *******

ReputationRep:
    Fire alarm at half 6 this morning. ******* terrifying to wake up to a tannoy system shouting something in a language you don't understand/recognise and a red flashing beacon going off...

Guys, I've got about 20 Citalopram tabs in a locked case here that I was prescribed before they turned me suicidal, what do I do with them?!

ReputationRep:
    I don't need them any more really, they've pretty much worked and there's not any improvement to be gained from them. I think I'll always be an unsociable little *******
    That's great...well not the last bit but the not needing them anymore bit, yeah Go you!

Fire alarm at half 6 this morning. ******* terrifying to wake up to a tannoy system shouting something in a language you don't understand/recognise and a red flashing beacon going off...

Guys, I've got about 20 Citalopram tabs in a locked case here that I was prescribed before they turned me suicidal, what do I do with them?!
    :console: Ergh fire alarms, will probably have one sometime myself in the next few days. That is the worst possible way of being woken up.

Take them to a pharmacy and they'll dispose of them properly apparently.

kmn_9 take them to a pharamcy to be incinerated.
    I need to get a ******* grip. Can't take this :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Ah great, I'm probably about to enter my birthday tomorrow with an aching back

FML :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Will take them down when I get a chance, thanks guys.

Got my counselling assessment booked - next Monday. 2 pm. :sigh: I don't want to gooooooo.

ReputationRep:
    Happy Birthday! (in case I miss saying it tomorrow).
    Thanks

Will take them down when I get a chance, thanks guys.

Got my counselling assessment booked - next Monday. 2 pm. :sigh: I don't want to gooooooo.
    What Ape said: Goooooooo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Ah great, I'm probably about to enter my birthday tomorrow with an aching back

FML :sigh:
    yay happy birthday for tomorrow.

remember, do what you want not what everyone expects you to do. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    yay happy birthday for tomorrow.

remember, do what you want not what everyone expects you to do. :yy:
    Thanks

I don't actually really know what I'm doing yet tbh, lol. Birthdays just don't really excite me that much these days. Maybe I'll arrange a dinner date with some friends? I dunno if I really feel like it, but we'll see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    What Ape said: Goooooooo
    x
    I will, I just don't want to. At all.

My lecturer has put the fear of God into me today, we were talking about ethics and she was saying that if you have a patient in counselling who poses a danger to themselves/others you have a responsibility to act on that information etc. etc. and now I don't wanna go and say the wrong thing and make it worse. I'm so enjoying it here!

ReputationRep:
    I will, I just don't want to. At all.

My lecturer has put the fear of God into me today, we were talking about ethics and she was saying that if you have a patient in counselling who poses a danger to themselves/others you have a responsibility to act on that information etc. etc. and now I don't wanna go and say the wrong thing and make it worse. I'm so enjoying it here!
    Hmm. I don't think your ethics teacher is wrong, but that's not real life. It's not that easy to get sectioned or for any other action to be taken. They look at things on a case by case basis and take everything into consideration. And they all know that whatever they do will have consequences so they'll always discuss their concerns with you.

Hope everyone's not too bad :hugs: I'm doing alright at the moment, keeping busy so don't have time to think.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.