Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Yep. Pretty much... I have an awful sleeping pattern.
    Gd to know im not alone! Hate feeling constantly dead meh
    Was just getting worried theres something more serious wrong with me but im just being paranoid I guess...hope things are ok with you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Don't be worried, it's pretty straight forward. They'll ask you about how you feel, are you sleeping, are you eating, what do you do during the day, any plans for suicide, any self harm etc etc. Takes ages and they ask loads of stuff but in the end it's still pretty simple to answer, and if you don't understand/don't want to answer something then just tell them.

Good luck.
    Thanks for that. Who is it that actually does the assessment? Is it more than one person?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Honeyx)
    Gd to know im not alone! Hate feeling constantly dead meh
    Was just getting worried theres something more serious wrong with me but im just being paranoid I guess...hope things are ok with you!
    Well I've gone from getting too much sleep to just scrapping 6 so... Meh. I'm fairly awake.

Far too much work, far too much drama, far too much 'me' going on, but I guess I'll just survive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Wish I knew why I feel so bad.
    Is there even a reason you think? Depression doesn't always necessarily seem to have a reason.

(Original post by furryboo123)
    Thanks for that. Who is it that actually does the assessment? Is it more than one person?
    When I've had assessments there's always been more than one person. I think they go round in pairs at least for safety (:mmm: ). But it was usually one person asking the questions and the other one sitting there occasionally asking for clarification about stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Got so drunk last night, my best friend's annoyed with me cause he had to look after me. And now I'm really hungover and

ReputationRep:
    For anyone interested, here's a rather inspiring video

ReputationRep:
    feeling so unmotivated and angry arghh ppl.

ReputationRep:
    I'm posting here because in H&R, I'm bound to get trolls taking the piss.

I think I may be suffering from depression. But how can I know for certain? What are the symptoms?

I could go to my uni counselling service but normally if you make an appointment, it looks like you don't have it, if you get what I mean. You need to be recommended by a friend or family member, but I have no friends.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by depressive)

I think I may be suffering from depression. But how can I know for certain? What are the symptoms?

I could go to my uni counselling service but normally if you make an appointment, it looks like you don't have it, if you get what I mean. You need to be recommended by a friend or family member, but I have no friends.
    Go to your GP, doctors are the only people qualified to diagnose someone with depression and if you do, can then get you the proper treatment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    Go to your GP, doctors are the only people qualified to diagnose someone with depression and if you do, can then get you the proper treatment.
    oh right. i'm at uni so what do you propose I do?

ReputationRep:
    oh right. i'm at uni so what do you propose I do?

ReputationRep:
    too much effort, i find it hard to just get out the house and go to lectures never mind anything else each day is so hard

ReputationRep:

wait....wut? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    wait....wut? :lolwut:
    yeah like when i was younger i had an eating disorder and it was my family that made the appointment. booking an appointment yourself just looks like you're faking the problem.

ReputationRep:
    yeah like when i was younger i had an eating disorder and it was my family that made the appointment. booking an appointment yourself just looks like you're faking the problem.
    No it does not.

ReputationRep:
    Erm...if you say so. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    No it does not.
    because wouldn't someone who's depressed not even feel like picking up the phone, booking an appointment, let alone going to the appointment?

ReputationRep:
    because wouldn't someone who's depressed not even feel like picking up the phone, booking an appointment, let alone going to the appointment?
    Not necessarily.

ReputationRep:
    LOL, I've always made my own appointments.

It's taken me hours - literally, hours - of staring at the phone in the past, I've missed more than I've attended, but I always made them myself.

Booking appointments yourself makes it look like you are faking? No, idiot. It makes it look like you are seeking help. Not every person suffering with depression wishes to commit suicide - many wish to get better, and find happiness. If you don't book an appointment to seek professional help, it is very unlikely that you will find happiness. You will only find misery.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.