Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am not sure if I am depressed. My family told me that I have gone quiet and that I need to see a counsellor. They think I have lots of things bottled up and I need to speak to someone about it. Sometimes I feel like I have nothing to live for then I look on the bright side. I just don't know anymore. Days keep going by and there's nothing I can do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    It's my birthday tomorrow (the 14th) and I don't feel like celebrating. Last year, my sister had bought an expensive cake and baked one herself. She then blindfolded me and fed me a piece of each. The cake she had made with her owns hands was so much better

This year, no homemade cake and no sister. The greatest gift in the world would be a simple hug from her. :cry: People with siblings don't realise how lucky they are... :sad:

I'm going to deactivate Facebook so I don't have to read through birthday wishes.
    :hugs: I know it's hard mate but keep it together, keep going.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    It's my birthday tomorrow (the 14th) and I don't feel like celebrating. Last year, my little sister had bought an expensive cake and baked one herself. She then blindfolded me and fed me a piece of each. The cake she had made with her own hands was so much better

This year, no homemade cake and no sister. The greatest gift in the world would be a simple hug from her. :cry: People with siblings don't realise how lucky they are... :sad:

I'm going to deactivate Facebook so I don't have to read through birthday wishes.
    :hugs: I wish I could say something to make it better.

--

Counselling sucks. I just sit there and nod and don't know what to say and leave feeling like I want to cry and want a hug from my Mum. I feel like a 5 year old. :o:

ReputationRep:
    Reading the other post...I feel the same about counselling now. Also at uni we get 6 sessions and then told to get lost...Idon't even see the point in bothering to tell the counsellor anything because of that...feel like I need it more long-term to help, don't really know what to do!

Alsojust been put on even more meds: now have Amitriptyline as well as citalopram, propranolol and co-codamol for anyone interested. Having a blood test tomo,don't knowwhat for though...can the nurse tell me?

Is it even normal to be on so much? I hate taking simple paracetamol normally...just feel a bit overwhelmed by everything I suppose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Honeyx)
    Reading the other post...I feel the same about counselling now. Also at uni we get 6 sessions and then told to get lost...Idon't even see the point in bothering to tell the counsellor anything because of that...feel like I need it more long-term to help, don't really know what to do!

Alsojust been put on even more meds: now have Amitriptyline as well as citalopram, propranolol and co-codamol for anyone interested. Having a blood test tomo,don't knowwhat for though...can the nurse tell me?

Is it even normal to be on so much? I hate taking simple paracetamol normally...just feel a bit overwhelmed by everything I suppose
    Amitriptyline as well as citalopram? :confused: And yeah, taking loads of drugs is pretty normal for me, doesn't make it good though. Blood test could be for anything it'll probably say on that bit of paper no?

Ok guys, got no one else to ask so excuse the retardedness.....right I got talking with someone today ( :eek: :eek: yes, yes I know) between classes, it was going cool which was great, but then the class started and so we shut up. After class she just got up and ran off as quick as possible without a see you or anything. I'm wondering maybe I did something wrong? The last thing we spoke about was accommodation on campus, she was in A so I was like yeah it's nice, but damn expensive. Faux pas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Honeyx)

We get 6 sessions standard, then evaluated to see whether or not we want/need more. Yours will probably be the same.

She asked today whether or not I'd tell her if I felt suicidal again... I couldn't answer that, as in all honesty, I've kinda already decided that no-one will be told.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Ok guys, got no one else to ask so excuse the retardedness.....right I got talking with someone today ( :eek: :eek: yes, yes I know) between classes, it was going cool which was great, but then the class started and so we shut up. After class she just got up and ran off as quick as possible without a see you or anything. I'm wondering maybe I did something wrong? The last thing we spoke about was accommodation on campus, she was in A so I was like yeah it's nice, but damn expensive. Faux pas?
    No, that sounds pretty normal to me! Well done She may have had someone to meet after class, somewhere to go, I just up and left my lecture without even saying bye to my flatmate today as I had counselling and I was late. I sometimes forget to say good bye especially if I haven't said anything to that person in a while. So no, no faux pas :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    No, that sounds pretty normal to me! Well done She may have had someone to meet after class, somewhere to go, I just up and left my lecture without even saying bye to my flatmate today as I had counselling and I was late. I sometimes forget to say good bye especially if I haven't said anything to that person in a while. So no, no faux pas :yy:
    Alright, cool, thanks, was just checking

And you know, you should try to tell them if you're feeling suicidal. Yeah, they might overreact, but they might equally just talk things through with you and try to help your feelings. :console:

ReputationRep:
    Amitriptyline as well as citalopram? :confused: And yeah, taking loads of drugs is pretty normal for me, doesn't make it good though. Blood test could be for anything it'll probably say on that bit of paper no?

Yeah I know but the Amitriptylines for my headaches not anything depression related...I just hate being all drugged up! I didn't get any slip etc just told to come in tomo for the nurse to do a blood test...meh! If my headaches don't go in a couple of weeks then i'll be referred to neurology...Hopefully I won't have more probs to deal with!

ReputationRep:
    We get 6 sessions standard, then evaluated to see whether or not we want/need more. Yours will probably be the same.

She asked today whether or not I'd tell her if I felt suicidal again... I couldn't answer that, as in all honesty, I've kinda already decided that no-one will be told.
    Oh ok thank you...I was just under the impression we don't get any more after 6...saying that I don't know if im being thrown out of uni yet...If I am then this doesn't matter I guess

I hope you start feeling better soon

Had intro to counseling today too, made me feel so **** about having to talk about my feelings I went back to bed and have only just emerged.

I still don't want to leave my room :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loz17)
    Had intro to counseling today too, made me feel so **** about having to talk about my feelings I went back to bed and have only just emerged.

I still don't want to leave my room :cry2:
    :console: You get used to it. I still feel very uncomfortable talking to my cpn about my feelings and stuff, but I'm a lot better about it than when I first started.

My life is a mess :sad:

Hopefully it will change soon.

ReputationRep:
    Alright, cool, thanks, was just checking

And you know, you should try to tell them if you're feeling suicidal. Yeah, they might overreact, but they might equally just talk things through with you and try to help your feelings. :console:
    They'd turf me to the CAMHS, talk to my personal tutor and probably try to stop me. I'm not suicidal, but I know that if I was again, I would want to do it properly... :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    I feel so sick. Just shoved a chinese and an entire packet of Oreos down my throat. So much for healthy eating. I'm already noticing that I've put weight on, it's all going down hill. I should just stop eating :sad:

I feel so sick. Just shoved a chinese and an entire packet of Oreos down my throat. So much for healthy eating. I'm already noticing that I've put weight on, it's all going down hill. I should just stop eating :sad:
    :hugs: I feel myself slipping into old habits as well a bit but on the opposite end of the scale. I just hate myself so much right now.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone from the depression soc. actually committed suicide?

(Original post by GeetarHero)
    Has anyone from the depression soc. actually committed suicide?
    I hope not.

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, I personally find talking to a lot of other depressed people makes me feel even more suicidal. It just makes me think, life really is **** and there's so many unhappy people in this world.

I'll probably be the first then, meh.

(Original post by GeetarHero)
    Fair enough, I personally find talking to a lot of other depressed people makes me feel even more suicidal. It just makes me think, life really is **** and there's so many unhappy people in this world.

I'll probably be the first then, meh.
    Don't commit suicide. Look on the bright side. :hugs:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.