Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Suicide is the bright side imho =/

(Original post by GeetarHero)
    Suicide is the bright side imho =/
    No it isn't.

ReputationRep:
    Finally have a care-coordinator who I see rather than a different person everytime which was ******* useless because they asked the same questions because none of them knew me. This might actually get somewhere..

Hope everyone is doing ok!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone from the depression soc. actually committed suicide?
    Not successfully, that I know of.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone here live in supported accommodation? What is it like?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Ok so I'm not clinically depressed.. but i'm definitely going through some hard times.
    Long story short.. broke up with gf of 2 years whom i love very much still because she no longer loved me, cheated on me, and felt no guilt whatsoever,
    as u can expect i'm feeling pretty sh*t bout this.. not helped by the way she moved on a couple of days after we broke up
    i just wish i could get over her

anyway if u want a reply from me then u should quote me otherwise i probs won't notice the respone :/

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, I personally find talking to a lot of other depressed people makes me feel even more suicidal. It just makes me think, life really is **** and there's so many unhappy people in this world.

I'll probably be the first then, meh.
    :console: If that's the case, then you should probably start talking to some happy people maybe? Or just do something that makes you happy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    Ok so I'm not clinically depressed.. but i'm definitely going through some hard times.
    Long story short.. broke up with gf of 2 years whom i love very much still because she no longer loved me, cheated on me, and felt no guilt whatsoever,
    as u can expect i'm feeling pretty sh*t bout this.. not helped by the way she moved on a couple of days after we broke up

anyway if u want a reply from me then u should quote me otherwise i probs won't notice the respone :/
    How long's it been since you broke up?

Stuff takes time to get over, she sounds like a ***** not even bothering to end it with you before going for other guys, but it's understandable that if you still love her yeah you're going to feel like ****.

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling so lonely, and bored, and unexcited, I have no motivation whatsoever to do anything I really wish I could stop taking everything at heart. I've kept a blog for the past year, and there hasn't been a week where I havent felt bad about myself I'm just a very awkward person and I've tried so hard to change - but to no avail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heart shaped box)
    I'm feeling so lonely, and bored, and unexcited, I have no motivation whatsoever to do anything I really wish I could stop taking everything at heart. I've kept a blog for the past year, and there hasn't been a week where I havent felt bad about myself I'm just a very awkward person and I've tried so hard to change - but to no avail.
    Have you been to your GP about this?

--

My nights seem to consist of listening to my dad vomit blood upstairs.. Just feel frustrated there is **** all that I can do and thats its just a ticking clock now. He openly admitted to me earlier he doesn't want to die yet. I kinda wish I could give him my body and him have my life, atleast he would make something out of it.

All my grandparents died before I was born and the majority of the rest of my family I only see at x-mas or birthdays so this is going to be the first person to die who I actually give a **** about.. is it bad if I said I wish it kind of just happened?

EDIT: Oh yeah.. I did offer to sit with him but he said he would rather be on his own.. before im seen as even more of a heartless **** than I am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    :console: If that's the case, then you should probably start talking to some happy people maybe? Or just do something that makes you happy
    Having an active social life makes me happy.

I have no friends at Uni all my friends at home have moved away to other Unis all I have is isolation and when I'm alone I think too much not nice things either.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    How long's it been since you broke up?

Stuff takes time to get over, she sounds like a ***** not even bothering to end it with you before going for other guys, but it's understandable that if you still love her yeah you're going to feel like ****.
    It's been 2 weeks so far.. so still early days I guess.
    I think it's getting easier.. just still hurts like hell
    I just wish she was going through even a small part of what I'm going through.. I know it sounds bad but I want her to suffer a bit for what she did

ReputationRep:
    Having an active social life makes me happy.

I have no friends at Uni all my friends at home have moved away to other Unis all I have is isolation and when I'm alone I think too much not nice things either.
    That probably happens to most people, their friends going away to different unis from you. You just have to use this as your chance to try and make new friends . I mean, what about meeting people in your lectures, at lunch, in clubs, in societies? I haven't even gone to uni before but I hear greatly that it's supposed to be lots of fun.

ReputationRep:

:console: Well, if she cheated on you, and treated you that way, then I think that's good enough reason for you to be rid of her. I know this may sound quite clichéd, but you will find someone else so much better than her. Especially as you're still quite young, and you have so much time ahead of you. Just let yourself heal as you need to, and embrace your new found singledom for now :yep:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    :console: Well, if she cheated on you, and treated you that way, then I think that's good enough reason for you to be rid of her. I know this may sound quite clichéd, but you will find someone else so much better than her. Especially as you're still quite young, and you have so much time ahead of you. Just let yourself heal as you need to, and embrace your new found singledom for now :yep:
    Clichés only exist because they happen so often lol. I know I'll find someone eventually.. it's just probably going to be next year at least.
    You see I'm on a gap year atm and live in a small town so not that many people my age around.. so it's just the waiting for time to pass that's the main problem.
    And I would enjoy my singledom if I didn't have to work weekends and could meet someone.. even if it's just for a friendship.
    But I guess I'll just take solace in that I made the right choice.. and that eventually it'll all end up alright.. I hope :yes:
    And how do you know I'm young? lol

ReputationRep:
    Clichés only exist because they happen so often lol. I know I'll find someone eventually.. it's just probably going to be next year at least.
    You see I'm on a gap year atm and live in a small town so not that many people my age around.. so it's just the waiting for time to pass that's the main problem.
    And I would enjoy my singledom if I didn't have to work weekends and could meet someone.. even if it's just for a friendship.
    But I guess I'll just take solace in that I made the right choice.. and that eventually it'll all end up alright.. I hope :yes:
    And how do you know I'm young? lol
    I had a peek at your profile to see your age. Trust me, 18 is still pretty young :yep:. Just enjoy your gap year for now, and whatever happens next, will happen
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I had a peek at your profile to see your age. Trust me, 18 is still pretty young :yep:. Just enjoy your gap year for now, and whatever happens next, will happen
    Ahh yeah that makes sense.. and ur only a year older lol.
    Anyway thanks for the replies.. it does help me.
    And I'll enjoy my gap year by going to work now :rolleyes:
    Anyway.. thanks again

ReputationRep:
    Ahh yeah that makes sense.. and ur only a year older lol.
    Anyway thanks for the replies.. it does help me.
    And I'll enjoy my gap year by going to work now :rolleyes:
    Anyway.. thanks again
    Well, going by the star signs, I'm only really a few months older than you :p: (I just turned 19 last week). I kinda know how you feel though, breakups can suck, but being single is always better than being in a relationship with someone who treats you badly :yep:. Good luck at work and everything

ReputationRep:
    I haven't even gone to uni before but I hear greatly that it's supposed to be lots of fun.
    It's not.

I'm sorry. :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    Penguin, it takes time but it gets easier. Promise :hugs:

Uni is a combination of many things. What you make of it, who you're there with, what you decide to do :dontknow: I'm enjoying it, intermittently, as everything apart from *me* is damn good. I have lovely flatmates, I'm active, doing a sport I enjoy, loving my subject, liking the town. Now if I could just sort my head out...

I have freshers flu so I'm moping around the flat wanting to go home :emo:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.