Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I feel like complete and utter ****. Missed 2 lectures already today (knowingly - can't face people yet) I need to get to the last ones :sad:

ReputationRep:
    If anyone wants to talk then just quote me and fire away. Not really looked in here for a while. I hope everyone is ok :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I'm just trying to apply for jobs right now. It's on my checklist of things to make me happy again. Hopefully I find something soon :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I always read the signals wrong. FFS.

ReputationRep:
    Who wants to see the timeline of my ****** up life? :woo: :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    It's funny how the little things can get you thinking about suicide and ultimately, push you over the edge.
    Mmm. Something up? x

ReputationRep:
    Heya guys, im on antidepressents now after I went to the GP this morning..my friend's telling me not to take them cos they make you feel dead :confused:

But I think it's a good idea...they are Citolprom 10mg...one a day....anyone have any experience with this antidepressent?? Does it work??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sine)
    Heya guys, im on antidepressents now after I went to the GP this morning..my friend's telling me not to take them cos they make you feel dead :confused:

But I think it's a good idea...they are Citolprom 10mg...one a day....anyone have any experience with this antidepressent?? Does it work??
    Balls. I'm on them and don't. It's different for everyone. Listen to the doctor not her.

ReputationRep:
    It's just that people don't realise how attuned I am. I already feel so low, all the ******* time, and the slightest negative comment sends me over the edge.

I am at a crossroads now, contemplating which path to take. One of the paths comes to a very abrupt end whilst the other is riddled with depression, split personalities, work, reminders of death, more depression, personality disorders, eating disorders and to some extent, insanity.
    :hugs: What help are you getting? You can get better from this, remember that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sine)

lol dead.

They don't work for me but for people they do work for they don't seem dead. And that sounds like a low dose anyway.

Ultimate irony today....my allergic reaction to disinfectant is infected. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this is like a closed society or something but it's been about 8 weeks since I've been put on Zoloft and I'm finally starting to feel at a level I can function. Just wanted to share, there aren't many people irl that know about my depression and this is the biggest step I've taken.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    lol dead.

They don't work for me but for people they do work for they don't seem dead. And that sounds like a low dose anyway.

Ultimate irony today....my allergic reaction to disinfectant is infected. :facepalm:
    looooooooooool i meant dead inside sorry...im half asleep today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    Balls. I'm on them and don't. It's different for everyone. Listen to the doctor not her.
    lol..how long did it take for it to kick in for you??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunlightxstarbright)
    Sorry if this is like a closed society or something but it's been about 8 weeks since I've been put on Zoloft and I'm finally starting to feel at a level I can function. Just wanted to share, there aren't many people irl that know about my depression and this is the biggest step I've taken.
    Nah, everyone can post on here. Good to hear that antidepressants are working for you.

(Original post by sabertooth)
    Sorry Sabertooth but that made me laugh. :mmm: You been to the doctor about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sine)
    looooooooooool i meant dead inside sorry...im half asleep today
    Oh I know, I probably didn't express that too well. Anyway, look at Steffi (sorry to use you as an example Steffi!), doesn't seem dead. They can numb you yeah but I always found it wasn't too bad and numb is, debatabley, one step up from holding a razor against your wrist and screaming from emotional agony. I guess.

(Original post by superwolf)
    Sorry Sabertooth but that made me laugh. :mmm: You been to the doctor about it?
    It's ok, I found it pretty funny too. Yeah, that's how I know it's infected, got antibiotics. ******* kick in the teeth right there though :p:

ReputationRep:
    Tomorrow is D-Day. Going to tell them either change the quetiapine or you can **** out my house and I wont be seeing you again, I have forgot to take it for a couple of days and already I feel as if I have come back from the dead.

ReputationRep:
    It's just that people don't realise how attuned I am. I already feel so low, all the ******* time, and the slightest negative comment sends me over the edge.

I am at a crossroads now, contemplating which path to take. One of the paths comes to a very abrupt end whilst the other is riddled with depression, split personalities, work, reminders of death, more depression, personality disorders, eating disorders and to some extent, insanity.
    Mmm. I had a moment like that, a few months ago. I took the path which I thought was the easy way out - turns out it's not so easy.

One of your paths comes to an abrupt end. Not happening Missy.

The other one is long and yes it will be ******* hard sometimes, you'll have to work bloody hard and you'll go through **** but it's a life. It's a possibility of getting better. It's hope, and success and living again. Maybe it'll take years, maybe it'll be decades before you start to believe in happiness again but you will get there. And we, and your friends, and your family, will all be there to support you along the way. You'll look back on this post one day and feel like I do now - that actually, it wasn't really a cross roads. It was a progression. You may end up getting worse before you get better but if you carry on and you don't give in, then you will get better. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I think citalopram has helped but its kind of made me emotionless...I say that coz something that would usually make me cry for e.g has a more 'meh' reaction now...?! Haven't cried or laughed for that matter for agesss...been on them nearly 3 months. On the other hand you could say they haven't worked for me cos when something negative happens I go back to not getting out of bed/being unable to have a normal day/ not eating etc
    Ok didn't mean to ramble on pointlessly...I've confused myself now :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Honeyx)
    I think citalopram has helped but its kind of made me emotionless...I say that coz something that would usually make me cry for e.g has a more 'meh' reaction now...?! Haven't cried or laughed for that matter for agesss...been on them nearly 3 months. On the other hand you could say they haven't worked for me cos when something negative happens I go back to not getting out of bed/being unable to have a normal day/ not eating etc
    Have you told your doctor this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Honeyx)
    How long into it are you? I was the same for the first couple of weeks.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.