Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sine)
    lol..how long did it take for it to kick in for you??
    It took just over 2 months, which is apparently odd. I'm on a different drug but the same family

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    Have you told your doctor this?
    No I haven't cos it sounds so stupid and I just don't know whats happening with my life i.e uni: still don't know if im being kicked out or not fml
    Feeling miserable again now but going to go buy loadsa chocolate and try to get back to feeling okish...if only it were that easy!
    Im sorry, ignore me... I like to ramble on! :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Honeyx)
    I think citalopram has helped but its kind of made me emotionless...I say that coz something that would usually make me cry for e.g has a more 'meh' reaction now...?! Haven't cried or laughed for that matter for agesss...been on them nearly 3 months. On the other hand you could say they haven't worked for me cos when something negative happens I go back to not getting out of bed/being unable to have a normal day/ not eating etc
    Ok didn't mean to ramble on pointlessly...I've confused myself now :'(
    emotionless= feeling dead which is what my friend was talking aboiut I guess lol .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    How long into it are you? I was the same for the first couple of weeks.
    3 months on citalopram (also on propranol and now amitriptyline as well) hmm does this mean its not working for me? Sounds stupid I know but how did you know what was working for you? I thought being emotionless was a positive thing in my case!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sine)
    emotionless= feeling dead which is what my friend was talking aboiut I guess lol .
    Yh I suppose that is what your friend meant! Not everyone feels like that though...different meds work better for different people I guess

ReputationRep:
    Is ir possible that it has already began having any effect on me?? Because right now, I want to cry but I cant?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    I think I need to talk to my GP. The stress of uni is definitely making me slip back into depression. I'm worried that if I can't get a handle on teh depression, I'll get more anxious and turn back to anorexia to try and control things. I'm really not having a good time.
    Deffo go see your GP, i'm sure they'll help you. You don't want it to get worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)
    I think I need to talk to my GP. The stress of uni is definitely making me slip back into depression. I'm worried that if I can't get a handle on teh depression, I'll get more anxious and turn back to anorexia to try and control things. I'm really not having a good time.
    :console: Sorry to hear that. Definitely see your GP :yep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    :hugs: You need to calm down. Have a cup of tea and watch some comedy or something.
    My flatmate just force fed me tea haha. She's really sweet. Feeling slightly better, just need to plan things out to avoid panic attacks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Could you guys delete/replace the quote of me? My flatmates know I use this site and I don't really want them to be able to find my panicky ramblings!

ReputationRep:
    Steffi, I've just come to accept that my flatmates may find out from time to time

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to admit it (and I've tried to ignore it over the past few weeks), but I'm really not feeling good, actually.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    I don't want to admit it (and I've tried to ignore it over the past few weeks), but I'm really not feeling good, actually.
    :console: Just remember you've got over it before, you can do it again.

ReputationRep:
    :console: Just remember you've got over it before, you can do it again.
    I've lost interest in my course completely, and education in general. I'm persuing a career opportunity, if that doesn't work out then I will not continue on fighting, I can't

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathperson)
    I've lost interest in my course completely, and education in general. I'm persuing a career opportunity, if that doesn't work out then I will not continue on fighting, I can't
    Why don't you take a year off from uni? That's what I'm doing (well technically it's my second year off ). It'd give you time to work on getting better, or get a job if that's what you want to do. Then at the end of the year you can decide if you still feel the same way about education.

I know a lot of the time it can seem pointless carrying on existing when every day is such a struggle, but you just have to keep telling yourself that one day you'll get better.

Good luck with your career opportunity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    I hope so, I do with all my heart. :puppyeyes: Guess I should continue to trudge on then. Thank you for the speech, means a lot.
    You just have to ask for, accept and use the help you can find. That's all; it's the hardest part though. But I mean it when I say we're here behind you every step of the way :hugs: Take the steps in your own time, baby steps, don't push yourself too hard.

--

Counselling tomorrow. Do not want. Sleep is escaping me again. Do not want. Every day I get to a point where I think 'it's been X days since I last S/H' and I wonder to myself if today will be the day when I reset the counter. I'm craving it like a *****. Trouble is I wear short sleeves pretty much all the time now and my flatmates are very observant... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Hello all.

I have a question... I've been thinking about talking to someone for a while now about how I'm feeling. But I don't know what to say to the Doctor?... I really hate the idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    Hello all.

I have a question... I've been thinking about talking to someone for a while now about how I'm feeling. But I don't know what to say to the Doctor?... I really hate the idea.
    Hey

Write it all down. Best advice ever given to me. Deep breath, book the appointment, and just make sure you go. Then all you have to do is hand it over if you can't speak :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    :mute:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.