Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BruceTaylor)
    The reason I've not gotten my money is because I couldn't register, nor can I get emergency funds without registering

I just can't cope being here, putting up with this any longer :cry:
    Why were you unable to register? Have you been to Student Services or to your Students Union as I'm sure somebody there will be able to help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guitargirl03)
    Hey guys,

I hope everyone is okay today *hugs* to all.

I am really sorry for not processing join requests, etc. I have now processed every join request. However, a small number of your couldn't be added as you have joined too many groups. If you have noticed that you have not been added, delete yourself from a group and try again If you don't want to delete a group, then you're still extremely welcome to post on here and be a member of the society

Love to you all xxxxxxx
    Hey, I'm glad you've returned as I was beginning to think I'd never be a member:p:
    Hope you're ok :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Why were you unable to register? Have you been to Student Services or to your Students Union as I'm sure somebody there will be able to help.
    Because I was ill during exam period (mentally) and had to do resits. Resit people can't register yet.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry!

I'm okay thank you. I've been pretty busy these past couple of months as I've moved in with my fiance I've also suspended my study at university for a year so it's been stressful...

I hope you, and everybody else, are okay *hugs*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BruceTaylor)
    Because I was ill during exam period (mentally) and had to do resits. Resit people can't register yet.
    Have you received your results yet? When does your term start?

I think you should go and see Student Services as this sounds like a problem which probably isn't doing your health much good. Don't stress about it though, I'm sure it will all work out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathan122)
    Saber, do you think you'd have more success with academic articles if they were in a special format? (ie large print, easy-to-read font, etc) If so, you can probably get it covered as special equipment from the DSA.

:hugs:
    Yeah I'm slightly better with printed out stuff so I can highlight it and, :o:, follow with my finger. I had the DSA assessment like last week and they covered that which is good, I'd forgotten about that actually so maybe slightly easier at uni than I remembered.

I really do see myself dropping out again tbh.

(Original post by Immunity)
    Take it slowly. You like sudukos right?
    Try and do one of them, or play a game of tetris. Something you have to concentrate on for a few minutes. Then build it up into reading an article from a newspaper etc
    :hugs: for you too.
    Thanks immunity, that's a good idea, I'll dig out my ds and give tetris a go later, I'm having to really squint to get the screen not blurry though so not sure how long it'll last.

Thank you both for the hugs.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry!

I'm okay thank you. I've been pretty busy these past couple of months as I've moved in with my fiance I've also suspended my study at university for a year so it's been stressful...

Cool. is it ok if you accept my request? thanks. -hugs-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Yeah I'm slightly better with printed out stuff so I can highlight it and, :o:, follow with my finger. I had the DSA assessment like last week and they covered that which is good, I'd forgotten about that actually so maybe slightly easier at uni than I remembered.

I really do see myself dropping out again tbh.

Thanks immunity, that's a good idea, I'll dig out my ds and give tetris a go later, I'm having to really squint to get the screen not blurry though so not sure how long it'll last.

Thank you both for the hugs.
    Hey, I'll be here for you if you ever want or need me.:o:

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry!

You're engaged now? Wow! :eek: Congratulations!:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Thank you :hug:I actually got engaged a year today I don't really think I've spoken about my fiance too much on here, sorry! I've been with him for over a year now

ReputationRep:
    Thank you :hug:I actually got engaged a year today I don't really think I've spoken about my fiance too much on here, sorry! I've been with him for over a year now
    Hehe, no need to apologise honey.:nah:

Well although I'm a little late to congratulate you on getting engaged, I can be the 1st person to congratulate you on your 1st anniversary of being engaged!:p: :thumbsup:

Me first, me first, me first! :goofy: :penguinhug:

:party: :star:

(Do people generally celebrate that :ninja: - bcos I have no idea about such stuff!:o: ).

ReputationRep:
    A little story. I started going to a psychologist sporadically four months ago. She hinted that I might be depressed. I have since started seeing a new psychologist regularly. He's quite certain that's what it is. It is a surreal feeling. I don't know what to make of having a name for how I've felt for a long time...

(Original post by Segat1)
    I've been signed off work for ten days, purely because I can't cope and I have too much going on in my brain to even concentrate on work, let alone myself. The silence is bliss.
    I hope the time off does you good.

(Original post by D-Day)
    A little story. I started going to a psychologist sporadically four months ago. She hinted that I might be depressed. I have since started seeing a new psychologist regularly. He's quite certain that's what it is. It is a surreal feeling. I don't know what to make of having a name for how I've felt for a long time...
    Putting a name to it doesn't always help, but I know it helped me. Although I would not wish depression on my worst enemy, knowing there are other people who feel similarly depressed is reassuring, as it kind of makes me feel less isolated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elements)
    Hehe, no need to apologise honey.:nah:

Well although I'm a little late to congratulate you on getting engaged, I can be the 1st person to congratulate you on your 1st anniversary of being engaged!:p: :thumbsup:

Me first, me first, me first! :goofy: :penguinhug:

:party: :star:

(Do people generally celebrate that :ninja: - bcos I have no idea about such stuff!:o: ).
    Thank you

I'm not sure, but I celebrated it yesterday, lol.

I hope everyone is feeling okay today

Muchos love to everyone xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    i ruined everything. i ruined my whole life. :nothing: things would be so much different right now had i not. this is what is the hardest thing to come to terms with.
    I'm sure you didn't, what's happened? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laus)
    Putting a name to it doesn't always help, but I know it helped me. Although I would not wish depression on my worst enemy, knowing there are other people who feel similarly depressed is reassuring, as it kind of makes me feel less isolated.
    It kind of annoys me :ninja: I hate it when people go 'there's loads of other people with depression too, you're not alone!' - Sometimes I wish I was alone in this. The thought that other people feel the same way; or worse than me; is horrible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    oh i have. i really have. damage happened. the damage is done and unredeemable
    :hugs:

How did the doctor's appointment go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    Jonathan I didn't go
    Sorry. I think I might go on Thursday though again nothing's certain with me.
    :console: I'm sorry it didn't work out today. :hugs:

(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    It kind of annoys me :ninja: I hate it when people go 'there's loads of other people with depression too, you're not alone!' - Sometimes I wish I was alone in this. The thought that other people feel the same way; or worse than me; is horrible.
    Well, yeah. It is annoying. But I talk in the dep soc because I *know* people can empathise. As much as I hate that, it helps when people understand.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.