Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    :mute:
    You ok? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    You ok? :hugs:
    Yeah I just don't want tomorrow to backfire. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I just don't want tomorrow to backfire. How about you?
    What's tomorrow?

Thinking far too much.

ReputationRep:
    What's tomorrow?

Thinking far too much.
    Going to tell them to change the meds or GTFO the house in more polite terms.

What about? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Going to tell them to change the meds or GTFO the house in more polite terms.

What about? :hugs:
    How different life could have been for me. For anyone, really. Like. What if I'd never left Kent? Or I'd taken my ex up on a date earlier? Or even if I'd done something little differently, like sent my friend a text before she died, or reached a little more to different people. Little things. Hindsight, eh?

Good luck for tomorrow :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    How different life could have been for me. For anyone, really. Like. What if I'd never left Kent? Or I'd taken my ex up on a date earlier? Or even if I'd done something little differently, like sent my friend a text before she died, or reached a little more to different people. Little things. Hindsight, eh?

Good luck for tomorrow :hugs:
    I guess everyone thinks about things like that, but the past is the past. Thanks :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Hey

Write it all down. Best advice ever given to me. Deep breath, book the appointment, and just make sure you go. Then all you have to do is hand it over if you can't speak :hugs:
    That's a really good idea. Thank you...

Is it likely I would get referred to someone else if I've been suffering from (what I personally think) are symptoms of unipolar depression for a few years now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    That's a really good idea. Thank you...

Is it likely I would get referred to someone else if I've been suffering from (what I personally think) are symptoms of unipolar depression for a few years now?
    There are numerous things they can do, one is they might ask you to come back in a week or two and track your symptoms to see how they go and then make a decision (Dont take this as a they dont give a **** like I did.) Or they can offer counselling, cbt and/or drugs depending on what they think you need.

ReputationRep:
    There are numerous things they can do, one is they might ask you to come back in a week or two and track your symptoms to see how they go and then make a decision (Dont take this as a they dont give a **** like I did.) Or they can offer counselling, cbt and/or drugs depending on what they think you need.
    Thanks. I am slowly working up the courage to do it. Been thinking about it for a few weeks now whereas before I was set on trying to overcome it.

If I explain how I feel here could someone perhaps shed some light on it, if they've felt the same? Really don't understand myself these days.

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could sleep. And stop thinking about hurting myself. Cos that just sucks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    Thanks. I am slowly working up the courage to do it. Been thinking about it for a few weeks now whereas before I was set on trying to overcome it.

If I explain how I feel here could someone perhaps shed some light on it, if they've felt the same? Really don't understand myself these days.
    Sure fire away

ReputationRep:
    I wish I could sleep. And stop thinking about hurting myself. Cos that just sucks.
    Ask about some sleeping tablets?

ReputationRep:
    Sure fire away

I have really bad insomnia, I seem to get really anxious when I have to sleep because I find it difficult. But then often I'll crash during the day and sleep for hours.

I have had self harm issues for a long time and lately I've been thinking quite a lot about ending it and not altogether sure why.

I don't want to go out, I have really low self esteem so I just tend to stay in doors at weekends and this has been going on for a while, although sometimes it gets better. It's kinda like phases but then someone told me it can't happen in phases?

My eating is messed up, I either binge like mad or just go for a good few weeks with eating the bare minimum and not having any interest in food.

I have a really short fuse, I'm irritable and everyone around me keeps asking if I'm okay because apparently I look ''so sad all the time.''

...thoughts would be appreciated, thankies..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    I have really bad insomnia, I seem to get really anxious when I have to sleep because I find it difficult. But then often I'll crash during the day and sleep for hours.

I have had self harm issues for a long time and lately I've been thinking quite a lot about ending it and not altogether sure why.

I don't want to go out, I have really low self esteem so I just tend to stay in doors at weekends and this has been going on for a while, although sometimes it gets better. It's kinda like phases but then someone told me it can't happen in phases?

My eating is messed up, I either binge like mad or just go for a good few weeks with eating the bare minimum and not having any interest in food.

I have a really short fuse, I'm irritable and everyone around me keeps asking if I'm okay because apparently I look ''so sad all the time.''

Are you sure you're not me?!

IF, I don't like sleeping tablets, they either don't work or they work too well. Plus I find that inevitably, I always leave it too late to take them. Oh, and there's a 6 week waiting list for a doctors appointment atm.

ReputationRep:
    Are you sure you're not me?!
    Glad to know I'm not the only one.

If you don't mind my asking, based on those feelings, have you been diagnosed with anything? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    Glad to know I'm not the only one.

If you don't mind my asking, based on those feelings, have you been diagnosed with anything? :hugs:
    Depression. I'm currently querying whether that might be rapid cycling or some other form of bipolar depression though, and the fact that I've tried to kill myself twice has contributed to the diagnosis. (Basically, don't take that as what you have... uh, I'm not eloquent at this time of night, sorry)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)

Yeah a lot of the points I have, its not at all uncommon.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah a lot of the points I have, its not at all uncommon.
    Yea, I know, thank you.

If it has been going on over a long period of time is it possible that I could just suffer from it? And that it doesn't have to be triggered by anything?

It honestly comes out of no where and then slowly fades. Then comes back. My mood can sometimes just drop from happiness though at the flick of a switch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    Yea, I know, thank you.

If it has been going on over a long period of time is it possible that I could just suffer from it? And that it doesn't have to be triggered by anything?

It honestly comes out of no where and then slowly fades. Then comes back. My mood can sometimes just drop from happiness though at the flick of a switch.
    The only person who can really answer if you have it or not is a doctor. However it is quite clear that you more than likely do have some kind of illness.

I was in your case about going to the GP.. I put it off and put if off and by the time I managed to go it had got so bad I ran out of time before anything useful could be done and tried to end it. So I urge you to go as soon as you can.

ReputationRep:
    The only person who can really answer if you have it or not is a doctor. However it is quite clear that you more than likely do have some kind of illness.

I was in your case about going to the GP.. I put it off and put if off and by the time I managed to go it had got so bad I ran out of time before anything useful could be done and tried to end it. So I urge you to go as soon as you can.
    Do they sometimes give you an answer on the first appointment, such as ''it sounds like you may have depression'' etc?

I very nearly attempted suicide a while ago, but have fought the urge since, so I can relate to that and it encourages me to do something about it before it gets out of hand again.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.