Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    Do they sometimes give you an answer on the first appointment, such as ''it sounds like you may have depression'' etc?

I very nearly attempted suicide a while ago, but have fought the urge since, so I can relate to that and it encourages me to do something about it before it gets out of hand again.
    Depends on the doctor but mine did yeah, however generally they seem to not like to give you an actual diagnosis for some time, as many of the conditions have 90% the same symptoms and so it takes a bit of time to get to the actual root of the problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idiot-Finder)
    Yeah I just don't want tomorrow to backfire.
    Good luck man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Why don't you take a year off from uni? That's what I'm doing (well technically it's my second year off ). It'd give you time to work on getting better, or get a job if that's what you want to do. Then at the end of the year you can decide if you still feel the same way about education.

I know a lot of the time it can seem pointless carrying on existing when every day is such a struggle, but you just have to keep telling yourself that one day you'll get better.

Good luck with your career opportunity.
    I took a leave of absence from last year half way through, so essentially I have had 6 months off rather than 3.

ReputationRep:
    :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Good luck man.
    Thanks. Came to an agreement with my care-coordinator.. I wait until they add another tablet to it and see if that changes it and he will lend me each series of 24 in turn so I can watch it. Win win.

(Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    :sigh:
    Whats up? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    :woo: I'm emotionally unstable and have abandonment issues :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Need to change my password. Things have gotten out of hand.
    What happened?

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the doctor but mine did yeah, however generally they seem to not like to give you an actual diagnosis for some time, as many of the conditions have 90% the same symptoms and so it takes a bit of time to get to the actual root of the problem.
    Thanks a lot. I'm seeing the Doctor next week and I am also seeing a hypnotherapist. I was skeptical about the whole idea of it until I talked to people who have had sessions and so I'm going to give it a go... My mum also knows the lady and she lives near me, so that idea makes me more comfortable. I don't actually know the lady though so it's going to be like talking to a stranger anyway.

Hope everyone is feeling okay today. :hugs: Thanks for being supportive of me even though I've only recently started posting here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    :woo: I'm emotionally unstable and have abandonment issues :woo:
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I need to be put down, like a dog, don't even have the balls to do it myself.

ReputationRep:
    Please don't think that of yourself...I hope your ok!
    I know my words mean nothing but one day everything will work out for us all...:console:

ReputationRep:
    You're never alone; even when you feel that you are. Even if you can only talk to people on the internet, it makes a difference. We're still real people at the other end of the PC, after all.

:hugs:

:hugs: no you're better than a dog. This will pass and you'll feel a little better soon. I know it comes often but need to take it as it comes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Honeyx)
    Please don't think that of yourself...I hope your ok!
    I know my words mean nothing but one day everything will work out for us all...:console:
    Things won't though, well they might for you lot, but for me? It's been over 10 years of feeling suicidal, I don't remember ever feeling properly happy, I was always the weird loser kid, and nothing is going to change that. If things were going to change surely they would have changed by now? Only now I know medication and therapy does **** all too.

ReputationRep:
    Yay me.
    ******** me can't even go for a walk without locking myself out of my ******* room. I say locking out. I can't find my ******* key. Anywhere. I may have dropped it.

ReputationRep:
    Need to sort my anger out, went ape **** at this nurse today.. took my dad for some treatment and it turns out the doctor has not filled in his notes or the paperwork for the drugs or anything.. So I said well get him to fill it in then.. apparently he is not working today... So then I went on a rant about £100billion year and this is what we get... hes probably getting paid £100K+ the **** should do his job properly.. and if he ***** it up then sort it out in his own ******* time.

ReputationRep:
    Only now I know medication and therapy does **** all too.
    I think you need to believe in it (and yourself) for it to.

Need to sort my anger out, went ape **** at this nurse today.. took my dad for some treatment and it turns out the doctor has not filled in his notes or the paperwork for the drugs or anything.. So I said well get him to fill it in then.. apparently he is not working today... So then I went on a rant about £100billion year and this is what we get... hes probably getting paid £100K+ the **** should do his job properly.. and if he ***** it up then sort it out in his own ******* time.
    :console: That's pretty bad I'd feel the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    :console: That's pretty bad I'd feel the same.
    This is the problem with the public sector, everything done so **** and they are overpaid for what they do. Can you imagine if in a business someone being paid £100k+ ****** something up with a client, they would come and sort it out ASAP.. even if it was a Sunday. With the NHS and public stuff its "you will have to come back next Tuesday," you get no choice but to pay for them and so you get treated like ****. If the NHS was an option above a basic tax rate they would actually have to provide you with a good service or you would go to a private company.

Sorry my blood is close to literally boiling, will stop rantin now.

ReputationRep:
    This is the problem with the public sector, everything done so **** and they are overpaid for what they do. Can you imagine if in a business someone being paid £100k+ ****** something up with a client, they would come and sort it out ASAP.. even if it was a Sunday. With the NHS and public stuff its "you will have to come back next Tuesday," you get no choice but to pay for them and so you get treated like ****. If the NHS was an option above a basic tax rate they would actually have to provide you with a good service or you would go to a private company.

Sorry my blood is close to literally boiling, will stop rantin now.
    The world isn't fair. Sometime I wish I could be ignorant and not understand these things, then perhaps I wouldn't get so worked up. I hope your Dad is alright.

ReputationRep:
    IF, :hugs: That's absolutely shocking. I'd be reacting exactly the same way! What about going for a jog or something to release some anger?

Going home today

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.