Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    It won't just go away with no help at all! Speak to your Gp...if you can't physically say this to him/her then print it out for them to read...might sound silly, but many have done it! Tell your parents your unwell and ask one of them to come to the drs with you? could explain whats happening to them both at the same time without being worried of a parents reaction...if that makes sense? x

ReputationRep:
    Can i not just give it time to see if it goes away, get along like this to say Christmas and then think about it? OR will it just get worse like it is doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FDSGD12)
    I don't think I can do that to them. I'd prefer just to leave it. Things would never be the same again.
    Think what you'd do to them if they walked into your room one day to find you dead. Ultimately you don't know what is going to happen if you don't help yourself.

I think we've all been there, I have my first counseling appointment next week and I am also seeing the Doctor because I CAN'T let myself go on like I am. Nor should you.

I can't tell you how liberating it feels to finally book the appointment, at least it did for me. I'm scared, but I'm more scared of repeatedly thinking about suicide lately and falling deeper into a black hole.

Please do something, I remember I felt like you around 15/16 and I've left it this long (till nearly 19) to do something about it.

I honestly should have done something way before. Enjoy your Christmas, don't risk just giving it time. Has it not been long enough already? Even a few weeks is enough.

ReputationRep:
    sorry but Im feeling really crap today...worse than ever...the counsellor seemed a bit frustrated with me today and wanted me to write down my problems...but i kinda already do that on here for whatever gd it does...maybe cos its almost my bday and i just want to hide under my duvet away from everyone and my friends that im feeling worse...who ******* knows!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Honeyx)
    sorry but Im feeling really crap today...worse than ever...the counsellor seemed a bit frustrated with me today and wanted me to write down my problems...but i kinda already do that on here for whatever gd it does...maybe cos its almost my bday and i just want to hide under my duvet away from everyone and my friends that im feeling worse...who ******* knows!
    I know the feeling. I'm having one of those days too.

Put some good music on?

ReputationRep:
    But I bet yours was really serious, mines not is it. I don't see why I should make anyone else suffer in any way. At least if I was dead it wouldn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    Can i not just give it time to see if it goes away, get along like this to say Christmas and then think about it? OR will it just get worse like it is doing?
    Obviously none of us can say for definite, but if it's already getting worse then I think it's likely to keep on going that way. If you go and see a doctor, there's a good chance they'll be able to help you and you'll hopefully get back to normal.

ReputationRep:
    But I bet yours was really serious, mines not is it. I don't see why I should make anyone else suffer in any way. At least if I was dead it wouldn't matter.
    Darling, yours sounds more serious than mine was back then. But it's not about who appears to have it the worst. It's your life, your health and just because someone else may feel worse than you, doesn't mean you should ignore your feelings.

ReputationRep:
    If I had dealt with my issues a few months earlier I would be so much better of now! The quicker you get help...IMO the quicker you can start getting better and not feeling as you do. No-one can force you to go, but just from my own experiences I think you will benefit from going to the GP sooner rather than later x

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but what use is my life, its already messed up. I dont deserve anybodys love or friendship so why should i be helped?! Surely if I did this wouldn't have happened in the first place!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    I know the feeling. I'm having one of those days too.

Put some good music on?
    Thats what the counsellor said to me...but I get nothing from listening to music anymore...might be my meds making me feel so cut off from the world.

I hope today gets better for you or at least you wake up tomorrow feeling happier!

ReputationRep:
    Why are you even wasting your time with me, could you not be enjoying your life?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but what use is my life, its already messed up. I dont deserve anybodys love or friendship so why should i be helped?! Surely if I did this wouldn't have happened in the first place!
    When you're unwell, you sometimes come to conclusions that aren't rational. Remember that.

Thats what the counsellor said to me...but I get nothing from listening to music anymore...might be my meds making me feel so cut off from the world.

I hope today gets better for you or at least you wake up tomorrow feeling happier!
    Thanks sweetie. Sometimes I think the best medication is talking to people who understand. At least, it often is for me.

Why are you even wasting your time with me, could you not be enjoying your life?
    I don't consider the possibility of helping someone a waste of time.

ReputationRep:
    Wrong question to ask in the depression soc. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well when im like that I just think that its the illness/depression making me think and feel that way. Thinking that way about myself isn't the real me talking its the illness...and sometimes to fight the illness I might need medication or counselling...because I can't do it by myself.

ReputationRep:
    Well when im like that I just think that its the illness/depression making me think and feel that way. Thinking that way about myself isn't the real me talking its the illness...and sometimes to fight the illness I might need medication or counselling...because I can't do it by myself.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    But then is everything I say absolute rubbish then? Is everything I think wrong. I wouldnt be suprised. I dont know why Im here, im sorry i dont deserve your help. Save it for someone who needs it and deserves it.

ReputationRep:
    But then is everything I say absolute rubbish then? Is everything I think wrong. I wouldnt be suprised. I dont know why Im here, im sorry i dont deserve your help. Save it for someone who needs it and deserves it.
    Ultimately, it is your choice what you do with your life. If you don't tell anyone, they can't help you. And of course you want to heal, doesn't everyone? Why would you let it eat away at you?

ReputationRep:
    I want help ,of course. The only person I could tell first would be a friend, but I haven't got anyone I trust.

ReputationRep:
    I want help ,of course. The only person I could tell first would be a friend, but I haven't got anyone I trust.
    You made the first step posting here, it only makes sense to go all the way.

Even if you don't trust anyone 100%, anyone with a heart would respect a person who feels the way you do, and support them.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.