Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    Ultimately, it is your choice what you do with your life. If you don't tell anyone, they can't help you. And of course you want to heal, doesn't everyone? Why would you let it eat away at you?
    Because I don't have the courage to tell anyone. Im too tired and messed up to even talk to people more than a sentance or two to tell them to leave me alone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FDSGD12)
    Because I don't have the courage to tell anyone. Im too tired and messed up to even talk to people more than a sentance or two to tell them to leave me alone.
    Of course you've got the courage, you just need to find it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    You made the first step posting here, it only makes sense to go all the way.

Even if you don't trust anyone 100%, anyone with a heart would respect a person who feels the way you do, and support them.

But I don't trust anyone at all, I would tell a complete stranger (ie. TSR) but I can't bring myself to do it, I want to, I really really do but for some reason I just can't. Hopefully I can soon.

ReputationRep:
    But then is everything I say absolute rubbish then? Is everything I think wrong. I wouldnt be suprised. I dont know why Im here, im sorry i dont deserve your help. Save it for someone who needs it and deserves it.
    What your saying isn't rubbish at all! Its like symptoms of being unwell (this is how I think of it) when you have a cold you'll be coughing/ sneezing etc when like in my case you have depression i'll think negatively,withdraw from friends/family,not eat etc...its not rubbish! just see it as symptoms...and thats why its logical to tell a dr your symptoms and get treatment for them...so instead of antibiotics for flu you might get sent to counselling! I really hope that you understand what im trying to say...I realise im not explaining myself v. well!!!:o:
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    But I don't trust anyone at all, I would tell a complete stranger (ie. TSR) but I can't bring myself to do it, I want to, I really really do but for some reason I just can't. Hopefully I can soon.
    You don't have to tell anyone, you could just tell a Doctor and go from there. That way you'll have a better understanding of yourself once you talk to someone who knows their stuff.

Many :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    Of course you've got the courage, you just need to find it.
    How do I do that?? I can't even think straight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Honeyx)
    What your saying isn't rubbish at all! Its like symptoms of being unwell (this is how I think of it) when you have a cold you'll be coughing/ sneezing etc when like in my case you have depression i'll think negatively,withdraw from friends/family,not eat etc...its not rubbish! just see it as symptoms...and thats why its logical to tell a dr your symptoms and get treatment for them...so instead of antibiotics for flu you might get sent to counselling! I really hope that you understand what im trying to say...I realise im not explaining myself v. well!!!:o:
    :console:
    I love this and it makes total sense.

ReputationRep:
    Do you like writing?

Take a notepad, calm yourself best you can. Sit somewhere comfortable with peace and quiet, or music you like, anything. Write how you feel until you have written all that you want. Close the book. Read it when you feel a bit better and you will probably think ''Wow, did I really feel like that?'' And then perhaps it will help you realise.

This is what worked for me, as well as talking to other people in the same boat and finally telling someone I knew in person.

ReputationRep:
    I did that, I write poetry. Wanna hear it? It just made me feel worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinxy)
    I love this and it makes total sense.
    thank you! x

ReputationRep:
    Up to you, of course. But honestly, don't post it/write it if it makes you feel worse.

ReputationRep:
    Ive sent it to you.

ReputationRep:
    What am I going to do?? I know I won't go until I physically can't walk anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Ive sent it to you.
    You're good at writing. Thanks for sharing, I hope you're feeling better even just a tiny bit.

ReputationRep:
    My counsellor says to write things down and if its something horrible like a bad memory etc to tear up the paper after writing it...although I haven't tried this it might help you if writing things made you feel worse? Seriously loads of things shes said to do that I thought 'wth' about actually have helped me even if they did sound stupid at the time!

ReputationRep:
    Why me though, if somebody loved me or anything then surely.... Its my fault isnt it. Arghhh

ReputationRep:
    I just wish that someone would kill me sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    If I was given this illness then why aren't I being given the courage to fight it? Whose sick game is this?!

ReputationRep:
    I just wish that someone would kill me sometimes.
    That's not what you really want. :console:

Please see a professional, there's only so much support others can give and we're all going through similar too. You owe it to yourself, yes you do, and don't think otherwise.

You've had the courage to post here, many people wouldn't be able to do that.

ReputationRep:
    Got anything else going on with you?

You could go see your gp about sore throat/whatever and then just hand over a print out of what you wrote earlier after talking about that. That way if you change your mind it's ok you still got something seen to.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.