Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    ive just been traumatised at the dentist:eek3: :sad:
    what happened?

ReputationRep:
    she was trying to pull my nervy nervy tooth out and didnt succeed. i was gargling my own blood at one point.

the numbing didnt work as the tooth had a massive hole in and really didnt have much effect.

anyway ive got next week to look forward to it being pulled out again; difference is theres no hole but doubt itll work:sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vienna Cannon)
    you should try to take it at a better time. to late at night would not help, most people take between 8 and 10 am or 5 and 8 pm
    OK, maybe 8pm then. I took it so late this time because I was worried about taking it. I don't want to feel drowsy during the day, I can't get away with it at work.

On the plus side just got off the scales and have put on 4 pounds in the last month. Lets hope the next 2 weeks off work will add an extra 2 pounds to that. As soon as I'm back at work my appetite will disappear completely and I could use a buffer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    she was trying to pull my nervy nervy tooth out and didnt succeed. i was gargling my own blood at one point.

the numbing didnt work as the tooth had a massive hole in and really didnt have much effect.

anyway ive got next week to look forward to it being pulled out again; difference is theres no hole but doubt itll work:sad:
    :zomg: that is what I actually look like right now. I hate dentist stuff!

ReputationRep:
    i know. i couldnt believe it. lol. its just this tooth it is really that bad. but thank god the holes gone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GR29KHS)
    OK, maybe 8pm then. I took it so late this time because I was worried about taking it. I don't want to feel drowsy during the day, I can't get away with it at work.

On the plus side just got off the scales and have put on 4 pounds in the last month. Lets hope the next 2 weeks off work will add an extra 2 pounds to that. As soon as I'm back at work my appetite will disappear completely and I could use a buffer!
    it will suppress your appetite. thats one thing I noticed with it. and i found i got overly emotional too over really really stupid things that wouldn't normally bother me.

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm getting over emotional about everything right now, so I may not actually notice. Appetite suppression is going to be a problem. I'm just on the line between healthy and underweight on a bmi chart. I should try and exercise - I have a permanent back injury and swimming is the only thing I can do, but I'm frightened of burning too many calories. I can walk a little bit so trying to do that as much as I can. Trying to find something to take my mind off things but there's nothing I actually want to do. Will see if the meds help, couple more weeks and will see where I'm at.

Thanks Vienna Cannon for all your advice, much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Have you just started it? Or relatively recently? I had that to start with when I was on citalopram but it wore off.
    I've been on it for quite a few months now, like 6 or 7, I thought it would wear off but it doesn't seem to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuicidalLemming)
    I've been on it for quite a few months now, like 6 or 7, I thought it would wear off but it doesn't seem to
    How weird, yeah it wore off for me after like a few weeks. Have you told your doctor about this?

ReputationRep:
    How weird, yeah it wore off for me after like a few weeks. Have you told your doctor about this?
    Yeah, he told me it will go eventually haha. I'm seeing him in 2 weeks anyway so I guess I'll mention it again then
    It's not something I'm bothered about living with too much, I can put up with it if its going to stop me being so depressed :yy:

ReputationRep:
    oo just saw this advertisement trying to combat the stigma of mental health problems
    if anyone would like it http://time-to-change.org.uk/

ReputationRep:
    I'm such a freak.

ReputationRep:
    I'm such a freak.
    :hugs: i sadly know the feeling.

right now though all i can think about is my tooth. it literally kills.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    :hugs: i sadly know the feeling.

right now though all i can think about is my tooth. it literally kills.
    Have you tried taking something for it?

ReputationRep:
    I'm such a freak.
    :hugs: You're not, why do you think that?

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou for replying Vienna and Jonathan :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Went the doctors today. Officially diagnosed with depression. It felt so weird discussing how i felt in a calm way when i usually get all emotional and cry about it. The doctor prescribed me citalopram and told me to contact uni and discuss it with them, I'm glad i got this sorted, just tired of my family telling me i'm weird and that i push people away and that there's something wrong with me. The doc said this citalopram would make me feel better, so finger's crossed.

ReputationRep:
    repeating what ive said on another thread for anyone interested:

OK. I just come back from the dentist and what an experience. Another 2 injections today(had two yesterday but the ones yesterday gave me an infection so my face swelled on one side(!)). I really embarrassed myself as I was screaming (not so loud but in pain!) etc. She had to drill it a lot as I was panicking cos the hole was that big(i told her this at the end to try and redeem myself and my mum was like she's the dentist she knows what she's doing!). and now I'm spitting blood still

plus I had to go private as I was in so much pain that i couldn't wait till next week or tomorrow(nhs said theyd phone at 7 tomorrow). So that cost £80! meh.

oh and also I look like humpty dumpty. My face on the right is so swelled

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BruceTaylor)
    :hugs: You're not, why do you think that?
    I have thoughts no one else has. I don't look like other people. I've tried to grow my hair so I fit in more and that hasn't worked I'm still as lonely as ever. People shout stuff at me in the street that's how wrong I look. No one will be my friend.

ReputationRep:
    I have thoughts no one else has. I don't look like other people. I've tried to grow my hair so I fit in more and that hasn't worked I'm still as lonely as ever. People shout stuff at me in the street that's how wrong I look. No one will be my friend.
    :sad: We're your friends. I know it isn't the same, but we'll always be here for you. :console:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.