Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laus)
    Well, yeah. It is annoying. But I talk in the dep soc because I *know* people can empathise. As much as I hate that, it helps when people understand.
    Yes, I suppose.

People IRL bother me much more when they say it... I don't want you to tell me it's normal, I just want a God damn hug! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laus)
    Well, yeah. It is annoying. But I talk in the dep soc because I *know* people can empathise. As much as I hate that, it helps when people understand.
    :jumphug: How are you today Laus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Yes, I suppose.

People IRL bother me much more when they say it... I don't want you to tell me it's normal, I just want a God damn hug! :p:
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathan122)
    Thank you :hugs:

How are you? I'm feeling a bit up and down today. Quite happy but getting urges for some reason. Bleh.

Yes, I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you :hugs:

How are you? I'm feeling a bit up and down today. Quite happy but getting urges for some reason. Bleh.
    I'm ok. Quite nervous about starting uni again.

I'm glad you're happy. Sorry about the urges though. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I really hate how everything has to be done on computer these days. :mad: I'm trying to apply for travelcards, and there's virtually no concession made for people who can't apply online. :cry:

ReputationRep:

You'll be fine I wish I was going back (I think...)

ReputationRep:
    FFS, why did I hide my blades in my desk, I can't get at them :grr:

ReputationRep:
    Is it normal to feel haunted?

ReputationRep:
    I hate that 'morning after' feeling :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    I hate that 'morning after' feeling :nothing:
    You ok? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    You ok? :hugs:
    Think so :hugs:

I am confident you will be ok, and that you will cope well. :hugs:

I haven't touched alcohol for five weeks, which is a really big thing for me. I really do miss alcohol though . I'd do anything for a glass of wine but I know I need to cut it out completely :sigh:.

I'm feeling pretty depressed tonight, for a number of reasons. I don't know if there's any point in seeing my GP now, this close to uni. I don't want to have my medication altered or changed because it will mean I'll probably have difficulties adjusting to it at the start of term . But I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laus)
    I haven't touched alcohol for five weeks, which is a really big thing for me. I really do miss alcohol though . I'd do anything for a glass of wine but I know I need to cut it out completely :sigh:.
    congrats
    I've been considering doing the same recently and I can't even bring myself to cut down, let alone cut it out! seriously well done.

I'm feeling pretty depressed tonight, for a number of reasons. I don't know if there's any point in seeing my GP now, this close to uni. I don't want to have my medication altered or changed because it will mean I'll probably have difficulties adjusting to it at the start of term . But I don't know.
    when do you start?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laus)
    I haven't touched alcohol for five weeks, which is a really big thing for me. I really do miss alcohol though . I'd do anything for a glass of wine but I know I need to cut it out completely http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ilies/sigh.gif.

I've also been thinking of severely cutting down on my alcohol intake too, I've been getting drunk every weekend for 2-3 years. And plus, I tend to smoke when I'm drunk too.

As for side effects, I guess it depends on which meds you might be changing to, but it's said that your side effects are at worst when you're completely new to medication, not just changing.

(Original post by death.drop)
    congrats
    I've been considering doing the same recently and I can't even bring myself to cut down, let alone cut it out! seriously well done.

when do you start?
    Thanks.

11th or 12th of Oct.

How are you?

(Original post by Srxjer)
    I've also been thinking of severely cutting down on my alcohol intake too, I've been getting drunk every weekend for 2-3 years. And plus, I tend to smoke when I'm drunk too.

As for side effects, I guess it depends on which meds you might be changing to, but it's said that your side effects are at worst when you're completely new to medication, not just changing.
    Bah, I don't know what to do. I think I need therapy as much as (if not more than) medication. :dontknow: I'm just at the end of my rope. Sick of feeling this way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laus)
    Thanks.

11th or 12th of Oct.

How are you?
    that is a bit close isn't it. What you planning to do? just settle in and then go see a doctor?

I could be worse. working the rest of this week and all of next week and then going on a short break so no counselling for 3 weeks, which is a little worrying but looking forward to having a few days away with my partner. thanks for asking.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.