Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laus)
    I haven't touched alcohol for five weeks, which is a really big thing for me. I really do miss alcohol though . I'd do anything for a glass of wine but I know I need to cut it out completely :sigh:.

I'm feeling pretty depressed tonight, for a number of reasons. I don't know if there's any point in seeing my GP now, this close to uni. I don't want to have my medication altered or changed because it will mean I'll probably have difficulties adjusting to it at the start of term . But I don't know.
    Congrats on the alcohol, that's a really great achievement.

Personally, I'd agree that it wouldn't be a good idea to change meds this close to freshers' week - unless you're really having problems with your current meds. Hopefully your gp will understand this if you explain it though, so it might be worthwhile seeing them anyway. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laus)
    Bah, I don't know what to do. I think I need therapy as much as (if not more than) medication. http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...s/dontknow.gif I'm just at the end of my rope. Sick of feeling this way.
    Yeah, I've never actually been to therapy, but I hear it's good. My doctor has actually tried to get me to go, but I'm quite embarrassed for some reason. I may try it sometime soon though.

Although, I've recently tried meditation, which is quite hard at first but it gets rather easy the more you practice. It's pretty rewarding, too.

Don't worry though, I'm sure you'll feel better soon, we all have our rough patches.

ReputationRep:
    :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BruceTaylor)
    :cry:
    what's wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    what's wrong?
    I just feel horribly low at the moment and feel close to giving up

ReputationRep:
    I just feel horribly low at the moment and feel close to giving up
    has it been long you've been feeling this low?

ReputationRep:
    has it been long you've been feeling this low?
    A while, yeah

Just don't want to tell anyone close about it because they'll worry.

ReputationRep:
    A while, yeah

Just don't want to tell anyone close about it because they'll worry.
    do you feel like you need the support? If I were a close friend or family i'd rather know and worry than to not be there for you if you needed me to be.

have you seen your gp about this current low?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laus)
    Bah, I don't know what to do. I think I need therapy as much as (if not more than) medication. :dontknow: I'm just at the end of my rope. Sick of feeling this way.
    Are you still on a waiting list for therapy? It might be worth checking out the counselling facilities at York when you get there as well. (You probably know all this though. :ninja: )

:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    do you feel like you need the support? If I were a close friend or family i'd rather know and worry than to not be there for you if you needed me to be.

have you seen your gp about this current low?
    No, because it's not that serious, it's just a low, it happens. Doesn't make it any less bad for me though

ReputationRep:
    No, because it's not that serious, it's just a low, it happens. Doesn't make it any less bad for me though
    if it's been going on for a while though it may be a permanent drop, imo it's worth letting the doctor know how long it's been going on for so that he/she can keep an eye on it. Even if it's just mentioning it next time you go.

hope you start to feel a little better soon

ReputationRep:
    Bruce, I found it really helpful to develop techniques to minimise the effect of "lows" when I felt them starting to come on - things like going for a walk, or just having a list of positive thoughts that I could run through to counteract the negative ones. Are you seeing a counsellor or therapist at the moment?

ReputationRep:
    I feel sick. I've just had dinner and my stomach is cramping. Doesn't help that I didn't want to eat in the first place. I HATE it when people tell me what to do. My mum wouldn't let me not eat. I kind of forget to eat and when I remember to eat nothing (apart from complete junk and not even that) seems appetising. The idea of eating makes me feel sick and now I have eaten I feel worse not better. My psychologist says 'my weight loss is concerning' because I've apparently lost half a stone in 6 weeks and my BMI has gone below the 10th percentile and means I'm 'sigificantly' (I'm NOT that skinny! :mad:) underweight. I know I have to eat normally so I can function but... food just seems disgusting. :puke:

I feel so sad. I want to cry but I can't. Want to read but I can't focus. I have so much work to catch up on and I can't do any of it and it seems like all I can do is go on the internet and sleep. It's little things that hurt me the most. I cant spell, I can't face a meal, I feel tired all the time, I feel lightheaded all the time, I keep sleeping too much and missing college, according to my mum I talk like I'm drunk. I'm craving alcohol. My mum keeps saying how I'm causing her problems and I just can't help but think if I was dead she wouldn't need to worry. But I just feel so tired.

At least I have an appointment with my doctor so I can review the meds. I really think this food thing and all the other things that are happening are down to the ADs.

Sorry for the moan. I just can't deal with this. And then there's the college issue, I've missed so many lessons it feels like I'll never catch up even though I had a Psychology test (one part of Psychology with one teacher, the other part with the other teacher is the one I don't know) that went ok even though I never learned the stuff but I don't feel like I'll be ready for the exams if I carry on going the way I am.

Sorry if this makes no sense. Hope you are all ok.

ReputationRep:
    I've given up smoking and drinking for about 4 months now..and it sucks. Actually horrible. And the bf smokes and it's just so hard

ReputationRep:
    I still don't get how I can even consider a career sorting out people who have mental health problems when I have them myself? I can't listen to people talk about mental illness, if anyone mentions it I panic internally, let alone if anyone says anything about self harm.

ReputationRep:
    So I was supposed to have a therapy appointment today at 1 pm. Yesterday at 4 I found out I am working today 11-12 and 1-9. Great.

I'm not so upset about the schedule change affecting other things. **** happens. I'm not even upset by having to pay for the session. I'm upset because I was looking forward to going. I only have two friends here that understand what I feel like most of the time, having gone through it them selves. All my other friends either have no clue or think I'm just looking for attention. Having that extra person to talk to about stuff was a nice feeling. Now I have to wait until next Thursday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D-Day)
    So I was supposed to have a therapy appointment today at 1 pm. Yesterday at 4 I found out I am working today 11-12 and 1-9. Great.

I'm not so upset about the schedule change affecting other things. **** happens. I'm not even upset by having to pay for the session. I'm upset because I was looking forward to going. I only have two friends here that understand what I feel like most of the time, having gone through it them selves. All my other friends either have no clue or think I'm just looking for attention. Having that extra person to talk to about stuff was a nice feeling. Now I have to wait until next Thursday
    Hi, does your workplace know about your therapy sessions - I'm pretty sure that if you tell them, they have to take that into account when deciding on your working hours.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D-Day)

if you let your boss know about your appointments they have to give you the time off, disability discrimination laws or something.

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

Sorry for not being on here for ages - seems like I've missed a lot - new thread now!

I spent the summer in hospital and was only discharged on Tuesday and my dad brought my stuff up from home today so I've only just been able to come online. Hopefully I'll be around more now.

xx

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.