(Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    So sad :sad:
    :jumphug:

Hi, what's up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathan122)
    http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...es/jumphug.gif

Hi, what's up?
    the usual - uni starting soon, looking at threads of people not enjoying it on TSR, seeing photos on facebook which scare me :sad:

ReputationRep:
    the usual - uni starting soon, looking at threads of people not enjoying it on TSR, seeing photos on facebook which scare me :sad:
    :sad: I'm sorry. I can't promise you that it will definitely be great, but it really won't be as bad as you're thinking. :hugs:

When do you start, by the way?

ReputationRep:
    http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...milies/sad.gif I'm sorry. I can't promise you that it will definitely be great, but it really won't be as bad as you're thinking. http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ilies/hugs.gif

When do you start, by the way?
    I start this coming up weekend

ReputationRep:
    I start this coming up weekend
    Me too.

We'll get through it though. Promise.

ReputationRep:
    Me too.

We'll get through it though. Promise.
    :hugs: for good luck

ReputationRep:
    Panic attacks and aniexty are getting worse and more frequent. I honestly don't know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    not good today, woke up and my heart was pounding from the tablets...nearly gave me a panic attack, wanted to go the gym, but just couldn't be bothered to get out of bed, feel really fuzzy and low today, i joined taekwondo the other day which was really good, but i think i'm doing too much, i m trying to do as much as possible to b eat this depression so that im not staying in my room alone all the time, but sometimes i just need the time to be alone and be sad, my friends are really supportive of me and my treatment, but they still don't understand what it's like to have depression, i've tried to explain it to them, but every time i do it sounds so emo, when it's a real disorder with real medical treatment needed, i wish there wasn't the stigma attached to it, i'm not ashamed of it, but people don't know what to say to me about it sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    I actually hate my mother. I've worked out why she moved to this ****** little house - to get rid of me. She knows I hate sleeping on the sofa and having nowhere private for myself that's why she did it, to make sure I stop coming home once I start back at uni. I don't see why she didn't just tell me instead it would have hurt a lot less than trying to hide it from me how much I disgust and ashame her. She's doing to me just what she did to my cat 5 years ago - getting rid of him when he got too much trouble for her. And to prove I'm right she is getting rid of my dog too, the dog is too much hassle for her now, just like me and the cat were, so she's giving her to the rspca sometime soon. Not only is she an evil ***** for doing that to my dog, one of the nicest dogs I've ever encountered, but she keeps rubbing it in: "look how cute she is, look how she's playing so nicely - not for long, she'll be off soon". I mean what the **** is wrong with that woman? Why the hell is she doing this? Everytime something gets a bit of trouble for her she just gets rid. Me, the cat, the dog, my dad, everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    i just had a cry in self-pity fashion. things are so tragic you just have no idea. the damage is done it can never be remedied.
    I don't know what you've done malsy, but I know what you mean, I did some **** when I was younger which will last forever I will never forgive myself for it, but perhaps try to move on if you can't fix it? What's done is done, and focussing on it will just bring you more pain, try to find a way to work round it, try to right it if you can if not well **** happens and we have to live with it.

Like I said though I don't know what you've done - just my incredibly pissed off, not at you, thoughts on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I actually hate my mother. I've worked out why she moved to this ****** little house - to get rid of me. She knows I hate sleeping on the sofa and having nowhere private for myself that's why she did it, to make sure I stop coming home once I start back at uni. I don't see why she didn't just tell me instead it would have hurt a lot less than trying to hide it from me how much I disgust and ashame her. She's doing to me just what she did to my cat 5 years ago - getting rid of him when he got too much trouble for her. And to prove I'm right she is getting rid of my dog too, the dog is too much hassle for her now, just like me and the cat were, so she's giving her to the rspca sometime soon. Not only is she an evil ***** for doing that to my dog, one of the nicest dogs I've ever encountered, but she keeps rubbing it in: "look how cute she is, look how she's playing so nicely - not for long, she'll be off soon". I mean what the **** is wrong with that woman? Why the hell is she doing this? Everytime something gets a bit of trouble for her she just gets rid. Me, the cat, the dog, my dad, everything.
    jesus, that sounds terrible. How much longer are you at university for? Could you possibly ask a friend to keep the dog for you until you can take her back if you cover the costs or something? Or even just offer it to someone you know so you could visit her sometimes? i'm so sorry for you, giving away a dog is like losing a family member

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    jesus, that sounds terrible. How much longer are you at university for? Could you possibly ask a friend to keep the dog for you until you can take her back if you cover the costs or something? Or even just offer it to someone you know so you could visit her sometimes? i'm so sorry for you, giving away a dog is like losing a family member
    I've got 2 years left at uni so quite a while, and I'm in halls so no chance of sneaking it in with me. Me and my brother are looking for someone to take the dog - maybe my dad but he just bought 2 cats so probably not which leaves no one really. I can't believe my mum's doing it though, she's the sweetest dog ever, never bites never growls just plays with you all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    thats the only thing i can do is find a way around it but it's just so tragic..im welling up again. i just cannot believe how bad things are and the turn my life has took; in my head i want to do so many things but cant and its unbearable. in my mind all i want to do is hide away and do nothing for the rest of my life. when the rents kick me out all i want to do is get a house and never come out!

thank you though. i just hate that no-one in my school/in my town/in my family has my problems im the only one and the damage is done and i just feel like ive been cursed and just feel so sorry formyself and at how tragic it all is
    I don't know, have you tried writing everything down to get your thoughts out/in some kind of order? You could write possible ways round what you've done and then pros/cons of each, really go for it, and try to focus on something positive (finding a way around) rather than negative (the thing you did). If you don't want anyone to read it write it on word and you can delete it right afterwards. Just an idea, sorry I can't be of more help. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I've got 2 years left at uni so quite a while, and I'm in halls so no chance of sneaking it in with me. Me and my brother are looking for someone to take the dog - maybe my dad but he just bought 2 cats so probably not which leaves no one really. I can't believe my mum's doing it though, she's the sweetest dog ever, never bites never growls just plays with you all the time.
    I take it the dog is bad with cats? Maybe find some information about integrating cats and dogs and give it to your dad to take a look at when you ask him. It should be possible to keep both with a little training and time for both species to get used to one another.
    good luck anyway, I really hope you find someone.

ReputationRep:
    I take it the dog is bad with cats? Maybe find some information about integrating cats and dogs and give it to your dad to take a look at when you ask him. It should be possible to keep both with a little training and time for both species to get used to one another.
    good luck anyway, I really hope you find someone.
    No she loves cats :p: That's the problem she's a bit too playful and might really scare his cats. We did used to have a cat and a dog but the dog was totally different, not playful at all, so they got along great but I'm just worried she'll be too boisterous for them. There's also the fact when my parents divorced my dad wanted this dog but my mum refused so now I can see him saying no just to spite my mum.

Thanks for the good luck, I hope so too. It was so horrible when my mum gave my cat to the rspca, I really don't want to have to do it again.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I ******* hate living here with them, I can't afford to move out and go to college :cry:

My Dad shouted at me for this conversation:
    Dad: So, were any of your school mates out last night?
    Me: No, they've all gone to uni.
    Dad: No they haven't.
    Me: Uh, yeah they have...
    Dad: No, there's still X and Y here.
    Me: No, X went to uni yesterday and Y is on her own and single so why would she come out?
    Dad: Well, I don't know, she does all the time! And there's Z!
    Me: No she doesn't! She hasn't been out in weeks. And neither has Z!
    Dad: Yes, she was out last week! Don't lie!
    Me: *Internally* I'M NOT ******* LYIN YOU DUMBARSE ALL MY FRIENDS HAVE ******* ABANDONED ME IN THIS **** HEAP OF A TOWN *Out loud* Uh, sorry, who's friends are these? Who is the one who goes out with them? Who ACTUALLY knows them?
    Dad: Don't be so rude, vicious, angry, defensive, stupid, etc. etc.

I don't get how they think they know *everything* about my life when clearly they know jack? I'm not lying, out of the probably 20 people who I've been out with/talked to regularly this summer, THREE are still here. Two work full time and one doesn't go out during uni terms. FFS. Never wanted to cut during the day before but they've got my stress levels right up.

And I ****** up at work again yesterday, some girl walked away without paying because I completly forgot to ask her for it (she ordered five seperate drinks, then ordered some shots, and then she knocked over one of the shots so I had to clean that up and by the time I'd realised that I hadn't asked her to pay she'd walked off, I couldn't find her ) and this prat had a shouting match with me because I refused to replace the drink *he* knocked over for free. And I've just remembered, I got bought a vodka and coke (£3.45 on a saturday night) which I meant to put in my pocket for tips which we're allowed to do, instead I put it straight in the till... So ******* incompetant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    I ******* hate living here with them, I can't afford to move out and go to college :cry:

My Dad shouted at me for this conversation:
    Dad: So, were any of your school mates out last night?
    Me: No, they've all gone to uni.
    Dad: No they haven't.
    Me: Uh, yeah they have...
    Dad: No, there's still X and Y here.
    Me: No, X went to uni yesterday and Y is on her own and single so why would she come out?
    Dad: Well, I don't know, she does all the time! And there's Z!
    Me: No she doesn't! She hasn't been out in weeks. And neither has Z!
    Dad: Yes, she was out last week! Don't lie!
    Me: *Internally* I'M NOT ******* LYIN YOU DUMBARSE ALL MY FRIENDS HAVE ******* ABANDONED ME IN THIS **** HEAP OF A TOWN *Out loud* Uh, sorry, who's friends are these? Who is the one who goes out with them? Who ACTUALLY knows them?
    Dad: Don't be so rude, vicious, angry, defensive, stupid, etc. etc.

I don't get how they think they know *everything* about my life when clearly they know jack? I'm not lying, out of the probably 20 people who I've been out with/talked to regularly this summer, THREE are still here. Two work full time and one doesn't go out during uni terms. FFS. Never wanted to cut during the day before but they've got my stress levels right up.

And I ****** up at work again yesterday, some girl walked away without paying because I completly forgot to ask her for it (she ordered five seperate drinks, then ordered some shots, and then she knocked over one of the shots so I had to clean that up and by the time I'd realised that I hadn't asked her to pay she'd walked off, I couldn't find her ) and this prat had a shouting match with me because I refused to replace the drink *he* knocked over for free. And I've just remembered, I got bought a vodka and coke (£3.45 on a saturday night) which I meant to put in my pocket for tips which we're allowed to do, instead I put it straight in the till... So ******* incompetant.
    I know it's really difficult to get through it but this isn't forever. it's only a few years until you should be able to move out. Everyone has tough times with their parents, some of us more than others, but its' just what happens when you get to a certain age and you're still living with them. You get to an age when you need your own space, unfortunately that's usually about 3 years before you could possibly leave!

everyone makes mistakes at work. you'll learn from them.

ReputationRep:
    I know it's really difficult to get through it but this isn't forever. it's only a few years until you should be able to move out. Everyone has tough times with their parents, some of us more than others, but its' just what happens when you get to a certain age and you're still living with them. You get to an age when you need your own space, unfortunately that's usually about 3 years before you could possibly leave!

everyone makes mistakes at work. you'll learn from them.
    It's the second time in two weeks that I've had some one walk off without paying. Second time that I've been verbally abused for refusing to give out free drinks (so glad that the guys I work with are more than happy to take over and give them hell for me!). :rolleyes:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.