Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i feel sad i cant apply to uni i cant have a life i cant do the things i want to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    i feel sad i cant apply to uni i cant have a life i cant do the things i want to do.
    How come you can't apply to uni? :hugs:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    no work experience. not the right grades. not sure what i can/want to do. issues.
    Are you talking about for a particular course or a particular uni?

ReputationRep:
    both tbh. dont know/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    both tbh. dont know/
    Have you spoken to a careers advisor at all? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    no work experience. not the right grades. not sure what i can/want to do. issues.
    :hugs: You sound like me! I seem to recall you did well in Biology. How did the other subjects go if you don't mind me asking? I can't apply this year either. Stupid English asking for stupid grades.
    I didn't do work experience either. Spent the whole week in bed.
    I agree with Jonathan, your careers adviser should be able to give you a little bit of guidance.

On my end, saw my Psychiatrist today. Was the last appointment. The new Psychiatrist seems good/nice whatever. They're still worrying about my eating because it's *apparently* turned into a form of self harm and I just felt so odd sitting there. I keep seeing things that aren't there and it's so scary. Don't know what to do. I can't deal with the way I am and getting the grades for university. I either get the grades and break at the end of it or I break now and end up dead/in hospital without the grades. The thing that scares me is I don't really care what happens. I feel so detached from myself. It's like I'm watching myself from the outside. Will this ever get better? Really? Because right now I'm not sure it will.

How did you guys who are at uni now get through everything? Am I just weak? I don't know what to do. :cry:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    i dont intend on applying this year hopefully next year is different but right now i dont see the light. i barely get out of bed each day let alone get prepared to apply to uni with regards to work experience etc. plus gcse grades get in the way. thanks dd, my AS grades were good but im still not applying as i know gcses will get in the way so im putting it off till im fully prepared. i feel like i need to get myself sorted first which will take god knows however long as you just have no idea how bad things are but i am hoping to get the grades to apply *one* day just god knows when
    But good AS grades override not so good GCSEs because ASs are harder so your GCSes are unlikely to be detrimental to your application- unless you're applying to Medicine or Law or something like that. But when you say your GCSEs are bad do you mean TSR bad or bad bad?
    But :hugs: I know what it feels like to barely get out of bed. Lets just hope things get better for both of us. And Malsy, you keep talking about this bad thing you've done that you can't change, I understand you don't want to tell anyone here but could you maybe speak to a counsellor/doctor or someone? I don't want you to feel alone with this huge burden. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Why am I so sad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D-Day)
    Why am I so sad?
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    I know why I physically feel like ****, but why do I feel sad if I've got no reason to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    i dont intend on applying this year hopefully next year is different but right now i dont see the light. i barely get out of bed each day let alone get prepared to apply to uni with regards to work experience etc. plus gcse grades get in the way. thanks dd, my AS grades were good but im still not applying as i know gcses will get in the way so im putting it off till im fully prepared. i feel like i need to get myself sorted first which will take god knows however long as you just have no idea how bad things are but i am hoping to get the grades to apply *one* day just god knows when
    Unless your GCSEs are 11 Us, then you don't need to worry about them.

95% of university courses ask for simply 5 GCSE passes, A* to C, sometimes including English, Maths or Science depending on the course. What do you want to study? Unless you're retaking all your GCSEs, putting it off won't make any difference

ReputationRep:
    KMN, I'm going to PM you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Unless your GCSEs are 11 Us, then you don't need to worry about them.

95% of university courses ask for simply 5 GCSE passes, A* to C, sometimes including English, Maths or Science depending on the course. What do you want to study? Unless you're retaking all your GCSEs, putting it off won't make any difference
    Malsy, KMN has a very good point, when I reapplied both times the unis didn't ask about my gcses, I don't think I even bothered filling them out on the ucas form the second time. I'm not saying you should apply the unorthodox way I did but I think way too much is made of gcses when in reality if you're not doing a super highly competitive course I don't think unis actually care all that much. Try to focus on your A levels, they are far far more important and what's done is done gcse-wise.

Hope everyone else is doing alright.

ReputationRep:
    Malsy, no matter what you want to do, if you've got the right subjects you can do it. Promise you.
    I'm applying for med, after pretty crap GCSEs, a dropout year of ASs, and 2 years of IB. If there's something you want to do, don't let anything get in the way k?

And even if you don't have the right subjects, there's still a way..

ReputationRep:
    Thanks hun! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    Thank you SL, that's really nice to say. I don't want anything to get in the way but GCSEs always hold me back. I guess you only live once though so may as well screw it and go for it; honestly don't care what happens as long as I try, right? bahhh

Thanks hun! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathan122)

Jonathan! how're you?:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    Jonathan! how're you?:hugs:
    I'm ok thank-you Malsy - just packing for the start of uni this weekend:yucky:

How are you today?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.