Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ahh no That sucks!

What about Open University? Or self teach it (with a tutor maybe) and go in through a college? :hugs: Where there's a will, there's a way

ReputationRep:
    So today was a much better day for me, thank ****

How is everyone today? :hugs: to all...

ReputationRep:
    I feel so lazy. I meant to go to town today, get some new jeans, shoes, a new watch, some stuff for college, and to go running (I was going to go swimming but my wrist hasn't faded yet ), and then to make brownies and tea for my parents.

I made brownies. That's all I've frigging done. Oh, and sat in my room trying to ignore the fact that soon it'll be tomorrow and I'll have to go to college :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    I feel so lazy. I meant to go to town today, get some new jeans, shoes, a new watch, some stuff for college, and to go running (I was going to go swimming but my wrist hasn't faded yet ), and then to make brownies and tea for my parents.

I made brownies. That's all I've frigging done. Oh, and sat in my room trying to ignore the fact that soon it'll be tomorrow and I'll have to go to college :cry:
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:

Try to look on the bright side... I know it can be hard. You did something today, you made the brownies, that is a success

:hugs: to all who want them

ReputationRep:
    //

ReputationRep:
    argh...just wondering if any of you guys gained weight on antidepressants, i mean i go the gym 4 times a week and do taekwondo twice a week and am always on my feet at work and eat fairly well but ive gained half a stone since starting these tablets!

ReputationRep:
    crying to myself again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twizzle)
    argh...just wondering if any of you guys gained weight on antidepressants, i mean i go the gym 4 times a week and do taekwondo twice a week and am always on my feet at work and eat fairly well but ive gained half a stone since starting these tablets!
    :sadnod: I gained about 4 stone on mine.

ReputationRep:
    i want to be normal. what i have isnt normal. the average person doesnt have it. i dont know howw im living like this. i just want to do the normal everyday things so many people just do naturally

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    crying to myself again.
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathan122)
    That's why I'm reluctant to try anti-depressants (if I need them) - that and the other side effects.

Having a better day today, this morning was awful, my mum wouldn't leave me alone until I got up and went to college which I'm now grateful for because my Study Skills teacher rather rudely told me that if I hadn't turned up today, I would've been kicked off! Didn't even give me a chance to explain :rolleyes: Not that I would ever want to anymore due to her attitude.

Afternoon was good, finally started my UCAS app, feels so good! My tutor said my PS was very good even though it still needs a little work - she even said that she'd happily let someone have it as their PS if they couldn't come up with anything else Did my shopping this afternoon, didn't get half the stuff I wanted and it's official, skinny jeans look horrendous on my fat thighs, but hey.

******* love the highs!

ReputationRep:
    ..`

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    i just feel so worn out and demotivated and dont know why i carry on as things are just disgustingly bad, half of you would think 'poor **** there is no help for her' cos thats how the situation truly is
    why do i keep carrying on
    There is always hope, don't think like that!

Who knows about how you're feeling? You need to talk to them and tell them what's going on. We can talk to you all you/we want but at the end of the day none of us here can carry through this by ourselves and an internet forum, at some point we need to talk to a professional and start to make a change. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    i just feel so worn out and demotivated and dont know why i carry on as things are just disgustingly bad, half of you would think 'poor **** there is no help for her' cos thats how the situation truly is
    why do i keep carrying on
    I certainly wouldn't think that, and I'm pretty sure nobody else here would either. I think everyone here has had that feeling that things will never get better, but they can do, honestly. It's bloody hard work though, which is why I really think you need help from someone, be that a doctor or whoever.

:hugs: We're all here for you.

ReputationRep:
    KMN, so glad you had a decent day today.

Hugs to Malsy. :hugs: I don't know what to say but just know I care and I hope you're ok and things will eventually get a little better.

I'm losing weight on my antidepressants. Well I was. I haven't taken them for about 4 days and I've lost even more weight so I don't even think I can put it down to them. I'm getting incredibly annoyed with my family and if one more person accuses me of having an eating disorder when I don't I think I'll happily smack them! :mad:

I'm annoyed at myself because I almost managed to get through a whole week of college but I missed today. I only had two lessons though and I can catch up so I'm not THAT annoyed but I'm annoyed because I didn't meet my target which is bad because I still haven't managed to prove to myself that I can do the college thing.

But meh. Feel like ****. There's nothing to eat that doesn't seem :puke: worthy and I want to cry because I don't know what I'm doing with myself. I should be doing something right now but I have no idea what. I can't imagine any kind of future for myself so I can't motivate myself to do anything and I just want to go back to sleep.

ReputationRep:
    That's why I'm reluctant to try anti-depressants (if I need them) - that and the other side effects.

Having a better day today, this morning was awful, my mum wouldn't leave me alone until I got up and went to college which I'm now grateful for because my Study Skills teacher rather rudely told me that if I hadn't turned up today, I would've been kicked off! Didn't even give me a chance to explain :rolleyes: Not that I would ever want to anymore due to her attitude.

Afternoon was good, finally started my UCAS app, feels so good! My tutor said my PS was very good even though it still needs a little work - she even said that she'd happily let someone have it as their PS if they couldn't come up with anything else Did my shopping this afternoon, didn't get half the stuff I wanted and it's official, skinny jeans look horrendous on my fat thighs, but hey.

******* love the highs!
    Yeah, I'd much rather have gotten over my depression without going on the meds, but unfortunately things got so bad that it just wasn't an option. Of course, it's even worse if weight/physical appearance is a cause of your depression in the first place (luckily that wasn't the case with me).

Glad you had a good afternoon. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    im sorry if this seems self-obssessed but i just think my life is tragic

do you know how hard it is to remain stable when in your head you want to do things in life but you physically cannot cos you rarely step foot outside your house? its like im lucky ive not cracked up thus far but how long can i carry it on for? surely something is about to pop soon if i am like this? i keep waiting and waiting to get better when the true reality is i wont. i will not be better now, 6 months time, or 2 years time so il just sit and wait for nothing and then look back and think woah i thought x amount of years would sort me but no. **** my life and the world and just everything. i literally am ******.
    :hugs: You don't seem self-obsessed, it's understandable that you should feel like this. :hugs: I do know what it feels like to think like that, and I would guess quite a lot of people here do as well, and yes, you're right, if you keep up like this something will "pop".

And you might be right - waiting and waiting to get better probably isn't going to have any effect. You need to be proactive. Book an appointment with the doctor, with the careers advisor, with a counsellor, etc., but please don't try and carry on on your own like you are doing at the moment. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twizzle)

(Original post by jonathan122)
    :eek3: What anti-depressants were/are you 2 on then- if you don't mind me asking? :hugs:

Just wondering because in response to the original question: no the work of the anti-depressants on me have not caused weight gain or affected my weight at all.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.