Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    KMN, so glad you had a decent day today.

Hugs to Malsy. :hugs: I don't know what to say but just know I care and I hope you're ok and things will eventually get a little better.

I'm losing weight on my antidepressants. Well I was. I haven't taken them for about 4 days and I've lost even more weight so I don't even think I can put it down to them. I'm getting incredibly annoyed with my family and if one more person accuses me of having an eating disorder when I don't I think I'll happily smack them! :mad:

I'm annoyed at myself because I almost managed to get through a whole week of college but I missed today. I only had two lessons though and I can catch up so I'm not THAT annoyed but I'm annoyed because I didn't meet my target which is bad because I still haven't managed to prove to myself that I can do the college thing.

But meh. Feel like ****. There's nothing to eat that doesn't seem :puke: worthy and I want to cry because I don't know what I'm doing with myself. I should be doing something right now but I have no idea what. I can't imagine any kind of future for myself so I can't motivate myself to do anything and I just want to go back to sleep.
    :hugs: I'm sure people don't mean to "accuse" you of having an eating disorder - they're probably just worried about you. It's fine to not have much of an appetite, as long as you're getting enough to keep you body going. :hugs:

I think you've more than proved you can do the college thing. Congrats on making it through Monday to Thursday anyway. :hugs:

How are things going on the doctor / counsellor side of things?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    :hugs: you always talk sense jonathan. i am going to try and be proactive but i always just feel so depressed afterward and it's a cycle.
    :sadnod: I know. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elements)
    :eek3: What anti-depressants were/are you 2 on then- if you don't mind me asking? :hugs:

Just wondering because in response to the original question: no the work of the anti-depressants on me have not caused weight gain or affected my weight at all.
    I was on effexor - severe weight gain is a recognised side-effect, but then again, so is severe weight loss, so :dontknow:.

That's the problem with anti-deps, it's so hard to tell how each person is going to respond until they've tried them. Having said that, effexor seems to be particularly problematic when it comes to side-effects, which is why it's kept as a "last resort", for when everything else fails.

ReputationRep:
    I'm on mirtazapine and I've gained nearly 2 stone in just over 2 months on mine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becki08)
    I'm on mirtazapine and I've gained nearly 2 stone in just over 2 months on mine
    :hugs:

Hi becki, how are you today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twizzle)
    argh...just wondering if any of you guys gained weight on antidepressants, i mean i go the gym 4 times a week and do taekwondo twice a week and am always on my feet at work and eat fairly well but ive gained half a stone since starting these tablets!
    I gained 2 stone in 7 months on citalopram, I'd been within a few lbs of the same weight for years beforehand and didn't change diet or exercise. I wouldn't have minded if the damn things had done me any good!

how is everyone today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    I gained 2 stone in 7 months on citalopram, I'd been within a few lbs of the same weight for years beforehand and didn't change diet or exercise. I wouldn't have minded if the damn things had done me any good!

how is everyone today?
    Hi deathdrop, how're you? :hugs:

I'm avoiding packing for uni atm :ninja:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathan122)
    :hugs: I'm sure people don't mean to "accuse" you of having an eating disorder - they're probably just worried about you. It's fine to not have much of an appetite, as long as you're getting enough to keep you body going. :hugs:

I think you've more than proved you can do the college thing. Congrats on making it through Monday to Thursday anyway. :hugs:

How are things going on the doctor / counsellor side of things?
    Thanks Jonathan How are things going with uni? Do you start this week or next week? Hope everything goes ok! :hugs:

Meh. I know they probably don't mean to but it's like everything I do points to me having an eating disorder and it's just like no. Please shut up.
    Like I'll open a pack of biscuits and just have one and my mum's like OH NO!!! :rolleyes:
    It's insane. I've always had a low appetite so I don't know why they're suddenly getting worried now? OK, the losing weight thing isn't good. But it doesn't bother me, I'm not even that underweight. They're just annoying me because my parents and my sister think I have some weird psychological aversion to food when in reality I'm just not hungry and when I am hungry and eat, proper food makes me feel sick. Oh and it annoys me even more when I get my mum STARING at me during dinner to check I'm eating. I hate eating in front of people anyway. Arrgh, make them all go away and leave me alone! :mad: :mad:
    They have nothing to be concerned about! If I was wasting away that would be a different issue. But I'm not! :mad:

And I'm seeing my psychologist on Monday and seeing my new psychiatrist the week after. I already feel ok about/with the new psychiatrist because he seems really nice and there's something kind of soothing about him. But I'm kind of tired with this whole situation. I don't feel like anything has changed. And I don't want them weighing me because this whole weight issue is being blown out of proportion. When I feel less depressed I'll get my appetite back. Gah.

I really don't know what to do with myself. What am I meant to be doing? Going to college? Doing the work? Why? There doesn't seem to be any point. So what if I go to university? I don't even feel like I'm good enough to get there. And even if I do, what happens then? I work for about 20 years? I just don't want to do anything. How do you make yourself want to do things? Nothing matters. Why does nothing matter?
    I feel so sad. The only thing I can do is sleep. I feel so inadequate. I wish I was a better person. I have to make myself better. If I was better I wouldn't hate myself and then I wouldn't be depressed. I just don't feel good enough and I don't even know why people bother with me. I wouldn't.
    I have to turn into a person I can respect. I just wish I knew how.

Hope you guys are all ok. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Hi deathdrop, how're you? :hugs:

I'm avoiding packing for uni atm :ninja:.
    ugh, i hate packing. it's always really sad to see that your whole life can be put in to just a few boxes. Sucks even more when you're leaving somewhere you don't want to leave to go to somewhere you don't want to go. I'm sure it won't be as bad as you think though :p:

I'm alright I suppose. Tired though, and feeling absolutely disgusting. I saw a bunch of photos of me from my friends 21st a few weeks ago and I've gained so much weight I barely look like me any more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    I have to turn into a person I can respect. I just wish I knew how.
    know that feeling all too well.

ReputationRep:

Hi becki, how are you today?

I've had a better day today but feel a bit triggered now because I found something that I'd written about something bad that happened a few years ago and stupidly read it. I went to a group this morning and the last few weeks it's upset me but today's was ok which is good. The facilitator pulled me over and asked how I was as she said she was concerned about me (don't know how she worked that one out - she's rather perceptive!). I admitted I'd had a bad week but was too scared to tell my doctor or mental health advisor as I didn't want to let them down. She tried persuading me to let them know and I did manage to let my mental health advisor know when I saw him this afternoon. Didn't admit to the suicidal thoughts that have come up again but at least I'm not actively so at the moment. I do feel a lot better today though than I have been so hopefully things will start to improve again.

How are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    Today has been a bad day.I hate my uni,my course,I've just had a massive argument with my ex who lives in the same halls as me and I just want to die right now.I've spent the past hour cutting and I wish I had the guts to just end it all.I wish I wasnt such a coward.I loath and detest myself in every possible way and why I'm still here is a mystery.

ReputationRep:
    I just got home from a therapy session. Apparently I need to do more fun things on weekends. The fact that my weekends consist of homework, job work and study groups was enough to prompt the psychologist to firmly suggest that I work on doing fun things. Now my question becomes this: How does one so ill-versed as I seem to be in "fun" go about finding fun things to do?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D-Day)
    I just got home from a therapy session. Apparently I need to do more fun things on weekends. The fact that my weekends consist of homework, job work and study groups was enough to prompt the psychologist to firmly suggest that I work on doing fun things. Now my question becomes this: How does one so ill-versed as I seem to be in "fun" go about finding fun things to do?
    I would say fun= things which you enjoy. Like you I used to just work at the weekends, both academic work and paid work, and I found it a struggle to relax. A few things which I could suggest would be: doing some creative, i.e. painting, drawing, playing a musical instrument; going to the cinema; going for a walk; go shopping; something involving sport, i.e. football, swimming, etc.; try a new hobby... I know these are lame, but hopefully someone will come up with some more ideas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomheppy)
    Hi everyone
    Hi

ReputationRep:
    I get depressed every week for 2-3 days and just feel like life isn't worth it anymore. So much in the world makes me really really sad and not want to be a part of it:like animal cruelty.

ReputationRep:
    Help :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BruceTaylor)
    Help :cry:
    What's up? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    What's up? :hugs:
    Feeling horribly low, I can't take it :cry:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.