The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKIII

Scroll to see replies

kiss_me_now9
Guys screwing me around.

I've never 'laid claim' to anyone I know in a romantic sense, but it's generally acknowledged that there is a guy in our group I like - and he knows it. We're pretty close, do a lot of things together. Thursday night wasn't great for me and so when we met up we were pretty close (never doing anything though).

However. He seems to be intent on snogging every girl he sees though and I've heard from a friend that he tried it on with my best mate when he was out last night. I honestly don't care what he does or who he does it with but I wish he wouldn't **** with my emotions like that.

From my zero knowledge on this type of stuff in general as well as your specific situation (is why I keep out and refrain from commenting on such things) that guy sounds like a tosser that you would be better off without. It doesn't look good for your emotional wellbeing and any potential relationship- whether that be acquaintance, friend, boy/girlfriend or more, if he has already started showing no regard and no care for your feelings that he knows of you now/how he is around you already, or indeed doesn't show any common decency.
Elements
Do you like time off over the Christmas holidays then Jonathan?:hugs:

I don't know- would be the simplest, honest answer. :s-smilie: But 0 to warrant mentioning in here/0 severe depression and anxiety etc wise. :smile: Will talk to you on MSN if you want to hear from me in general- though there's 0 really very exciting or interesting!:p:

I think it's more a case of knowing that at home there are people around who care for me, i.e. my parents, but I know I can't keep hanging on to their coat-tails for ever. :frown: Some of the people on my course seem really nice, so hopefully I might be able to develop friendships there, but I just find it really hard after being rejected by my old friends. (I tried to contact one of my old friends last night, when I was panicking. No response, but at least she doesn't seem to have contacted the police. :frown: )
Laus
I'm going to uni later than planned, because I don't feel well enough to go tomorrow.

:console: Hope you feel a bit better soon, and I hope it goes well when you do go. :hugs:
Reply 1323
Elements
Laus! Are you going back into your 1st year or into 2nd year sometime this year at Uni? I've forgotten. :hugs:

I'm starting over as a fresher again. Very nervous, but hopefully I'll be ok. Not a great start moving in later than everyone else, but I'm hoping it won't set me back too much.

How are you? Are you in your second year, now? :hugs:
Reply 1324
Reply 1325
jonathan122
:console: Hope you feel a bit better soon, and I hope it goes well when you do go. :hugs:

Thank you :hugs: I'm sorry you've had a bad night. Do you want to talk about it? I had many bad nights last year, but all of them involved alcohol. I've given-up drinking now, and I think it will help. I don't know if your problems are alcohol-related, though.

Do you have someone you can confide in at uni?
Laus
I'm starting over as a fresher again. Very nervous, but hopefully I'll be ok. Not a great start moving in later than everyone else, but I'm hoping it won't set me back too much.

How are you? Are you in your second year, now? :hugs:

I am in my 2nd year now yes.

Another reason for me asking you whether you were going into 1st or 2nd year is because if you're going into your 1st year and you're a couple or so days later back than your other new flatmates, then that will hardly matter at all- not everyone in our flat and certainly not everyone in the Uni came back on the exact designated days. It didn't really seem to make a difference.

Whereas:

There could have been more of a problem if you were coming back later had you been going into your 2nd year because of the increase in Uni contact time pretty much from the word go (read: whilst Freshers' have a week off and a lax 2nd week, my "Freshers' week"/time free of any Uni obligations lasted 2 days before plunging straight in to the full-timetable! :eek: ) ; as well as private study expected and workload.

Have been better.

How's your mum's condition? And you: on any medication still? More apprehending Uni rather than anticipating it, it sounds like?:console:

I'm here if you want to talk. :smile: Your phone is a no-go though.:nn:
Elements
From my zero knowledge on this type of stuff in general as well as your specific situation (is why I keep out and refrain from commenting on such things) that guy sounds like a tosser that you would be better off without. It doesn't look good for your emotional wellbeing and any potential relationship- whether that be acquaintance, friend, boy/girlfriend or more, if he has already started showing no regard and no care for your feelings that he knows of you now/how he is around you already, or indeed doesn't show any common decency.

You may be right there. I don't want to lose our friendship but I really. really. really. don't need this right now. :sigh:
Reply 1328
Elements
I am in my 2nd year now yes.

Another reason for me asking you whether you were going into 1st or 2nd year is because if you're going into your 1st year and you're a couple or so days later back than your other new flatmates, then that will hardly matter at all- not everyone in our flat and certainly not everyone in the Uni came back on the exact designated days. It didn't really seem to make a difference.

Whereas:

There could have been more of a problem if you were coming back later had you been going into your 2nd year because of the increase in Uni contact time pretty much from the word go (read: whilst Freshers' have a week off and a lax 2nd week, my "Freshers' week"/time free of any Uni obligations lasted 2 days before plunging straight in to the full-timetable! :eek: ) ; as well as private study expected and workload.

Have been better.

How's your mum's condition? And you: on any medication still? More apprehending Uni rather than anticipating it, it sounds like?:console:

I'm here if you want to talk. :smile: Your phone is a no-go though.:nn:

Ah yes, that makes sense.

Mum is ok, thanks. We won't know much more until mid November time. Not looking forward to that month at all, really.

I'm still on medication. Are you?

I am very nervous, yes. It might be ok, though. I don't know.

Thank you. :smile: Likewise. My phone is temperamental, but I have a new phone which I shall be using shortly. I'll send you my new number if you want it.

How are you these days?
Laus
Ah yes, that makes sense.

Mum is ok, thanks. We won't know much more until mid November time. Not looking forward to that month at all, really.

I'm still on medication. Are you?

I am very nervous, yes. It might be ok, though. I don't know.

Thank you. :smile: Likewise. My phone is temperamental, but I have a new phone which I shall be using shortly. I'll send you my new number if you want it.

How are you these days?

:console:

Yes I would like your new number please.:smile: Do you still have my number or would you like me to tell you what it is again so that you can add it to your new phone if you want?:flowers:

I am still on medication yes. Just had to go through a rigmarole these last few days trying to get prescriptions and it ordered through and to me within a few days- it was almost impossible!

So much I could say! :o: I don't want to bore you with a dissertation length account or to write it up here in public.

:hugs:
Reply 1330
Elements
:console:

Yes I would like your new number please.:smile: Do you still have my number or would you like me to tell you what it is again so that you can add it to your new phone if you want?:flowers:

I am still on medication yes. Just had to go through a rigmarole these last few days trying to get prescriptions and it ordered through and to me within a few days- it was almost impossible!

So much I could say! :o: I don't want to bore you with a dissertation length account or to write it up here in public.

I don't know if I'm able to send you a PM as I'm not a sub at the moment and I think my inbox and outbox is full. :redface: I'm hoping to re-sub shortly though, I just need to ring up my bank. I've made some 'uncharacteristic' purchases of late (new phone, hard drive, kettle :colondollar:) and I think they thought someone got hold of my card!

Feel free to share what you have to say in here though; I will read it.
Laus
Thank you :hugs: I'm sorry you've had a bad night. Do you want to talk about it? I had many bad nights last year, but all of them involved alcohol. I've given-up drinking now, and I think it will help. I don't know if your problems are alcohol-related, though.

Do you have someone you can confide in at uni?

I've cut down my alcohol consumption a lot - it wasn't the cause of any of my problems, but it didn't help. :s-smilie: I'm finding London scary - I got lost last night / early this morning, my phone gave up on me and none of the pay phones seemed to accept my card. I found a 24-hour taxi service in the end, but I only ended up getting back home at about half 6 this morning - about 6 hours after I set off. :frown:

I'm hoping to get a mentor at uni, but it's all organised by Student Finance England now, and it's becoming quite clear that they couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery. :frown:
Reply 1332
I hope my bank doesn't do that when I buy a netbook :p:
Laus
I don't know if I'm able to send you a PM as I'm not a sub at the moment and I think my inbox and outbox is full. :redface: I'm hoping to re-sub shortly though, I just need to ring up my bank. I've made some 'uncharacteristic' purchases of late (new phone, hard drive, kettle :colondollar:) and I think they thought someone got hold of my card!

Feel free to share what you have to say in here though; I will read it.

Hehe- well my inbox and outbox is full like it is most of the time. :colondollar: :angel:

You repped me!:o: You didn't need to do that!:blush: Regarding the rep comment though: please don't worry as I've had such a lot to do and try to deal with too.

Reply 1334
jonathan122
I've cut down my alcohol consumption a lot - it wasn't the cause of any of my problems, but it didn't help. :s-smilie: I'm finding London scary - I got lost last night / early this morning, my phone gave up on me and none of the pay phones seemed to accept my card. I found a 24-hour taxi service in the end, but I only ended up getting back home at about half 6 this morning - about 6 hours after I set off. :frown:

I'm hoping to get a mentor at uni, but it's all organised by Student Finance England now, and it's becoming quite clear that they couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery. :frown:

That does sound scary. I hate getting lost in places I don't know well. I got lost in York many times :redface:. London must be really scary though, I don't think I could live there. I'm glad you got back in one piece, though. If I were you, I'd write it off as a bad night. Make sure you have spare change on you at all times so you can use a phone box and write down taxi numbers in a small notepad that you can carry around; it means you'll still have a number to ring if your phone cuts out. I had a night similarly awful in York. I took myself to hospital when I was coming off medication and there wasn't a working ATM machine anywhere. So I walked into town to find one. It took me a long time but I finally reached the train station where I got some money out and then caught a taxi back to college. I was exhausted.

I'm sorry you're struggling. :hugs:
Reply 1335
D-Day
I hope my bank doesn't do that when I buy a netbook :p:

I just sorted it out! Thankfully I don't think I sound like a professional fraudster :colondollar:. She had to ask so many questions. I started to get all nervous 'cause I didn't know what she was talking about, but we got there in the end and the restriction should be lifted shortly. What a palaver! That short telephone call has exhausted me.

How are you?
Reply 1336
jonathan122

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/studentcounselling/index_home - May help. Sorry if you've looked at this website already.

http://www.studentdepression.org/
Reply 1337
i can't do this essay. :nothing:
Reply 1338
Elements
Hehe- well my inbox and outbox is full like it is most of the time. :colondollar: :angel:

You repped me!:o: You didn't need to do that!:blush: Regarding the rep comment though: please don't worry as I've had such a lot to do and try to deal with too.

I wanted to :smile:. I dislike having my rep on show though, but I can't hide it unless I'm a sub. I've sorted out the bank stuff now so I shall probably re-sub :colondollar:. Hmm. Just wondering how we will get in-touch, then. You could text your details to my old number, it should go through ok :smile:. I have unlimited texts this month :coma: so I will be able to text back.
Reply 1339
Malsy
i can't do this essay. :nothing:

What is it on?

Latest