Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Malsy)
    The Bell Jar - hospital treatment etc. I am taking a break because I am writing gibberish and I will fail it like I did the first one.
    Is it for English Literature?

I studied The Bell Jar; it's one of my favourite books. I haven't read it in a while, though. What is your essay title?

ReputationRep:

(Original post by Malsy)
    Yes English Lit. A2.

:sigh:

Can I PM you?
    Go for it.

Blah, I feel depressed. I want to feel better. So badly.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Can't stop shaking. I don't know what to do anymore. Hate myself so so much. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    Guys screwing me around.

I've never 'laid claim' to anyone I know in a romantic sense, but it's generally acknowledged that there is a guy in our group I like - and he knows it. We're pretty close, do a lot of things together. Thursday night wasn't great for me and so when we met up we were pretty close (never doing anything though).

However. He seems to be intent on snogging every girl he sees though and I've heard from a friend that he tried it on with my best mate when he was out last night. I honestly don't care what he does or who he does it with but I wish he wouldn't **** with my emotions like that.
    Maybe you should talk to him. To be honest if you've not said anything and nothing's happened between you then there's nothing there that gives him any obligation to you, nothing that stops him trying to find someone he can be with (though trying it on with your best friend is pretty low if he knows you like him).
    If he likes you then it's problem solved. If he doesn't then at least he knows not to get close to you and you'll know that nothing's going to happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    Can't stop shaking. I don't know what to do anymore. Hate myself so so much. :cry:
    want to talk about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    Maybe you should talk to him. To be honest if you've not said anything and nothing's happened between you then there's nothing there that gives him any obligation to you, nothing that stops him trying to find someone he can be with (though trying it on with your best friend is pretty low if he knows you like him).
    If he likes you then it's problem solved. If he doesn't then at least he knows not to get close to you and you'll know that nothing's going to happen.
    We've kissed before, on Thursday night I was a bit upset so he was hugging me, kissing me on the cheek, holding my hand. His best mate is always joking about how we should just get together and most people seem to think the same.

Maybe I've just read it wrong I'm just going to have to forget about him. Not the first time I've got it wrong...

ReputationRep:
    want to talk about it?
    I don't know.

How are you? Are you ok?

ReputationRep:
    I need to work out how to bandage up my heels, I've got three massive raw patches where my new shoes rubbed my heels at work yesterday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    We've kissed before, on Thursday night I was a bit upset so he was hugging me, kissing me on the cheek, holding my hand. His best mate is always joking about how we should just get together and most people seem to think the same.

Maybe I've just read it wrong I'm just going to have to forget about him. Not the first time I've got it wrong...
    What's to stop you saying something? maybe you don't have it wrong.

(Original post by diamonddust)
    I don't know.

How are you? Are you ok?
    not really. quite the opposite actually.

ReputationRep:
    I've just had that awful feeling of rejection from peers. What can I do about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yurihammo)
    Well, I am not exactly sure what to say, I want exactly what you have - a place in university, great crack and friends and all that. I myself as you will see in the signature, a wanna be medical student (therefore future professional). I got ***** grades and what i would die for(give limbs for maybe) would be better grades in my AS levels and my A2 and my admissions test! But i didn't get it, I'm still living the crappy life with this, and i try to find happiness! Don't be depressed, Toaster Leavings. You have a good life so far i think - good friends from uni, parents(good ones right?) a home and stuff, masters degree almost over?? So BE HAPPY ABOUT IT !! I know that when people say "Oh yeah, you don't get it as bad as me...bla bla bla" its not easy to believe (trust me there)because you literally think, well ok then, so if i am supposed to be happy as everyone says i should be then why ain't I?? I totally understand your position, because at 4 A2 sciences and the social life that i have, its efing impossible? let me tell you whats going on with me at the moment...

[SOMEONE READ THIS PLEASE AND SAY SOMETHING TO ME...]

I studied in 3 schools so far. With every one of them including my 3rd where i am doing my a levels at the moment, i never got on with anybody well enough to get friends that would call you back and ask whether you want to hang out or anything or something like that or just be friendly with you... most of them wouldn't talk with me as much.
    When we all go out for a Saturday night, I'm just sitting there smoking, drinking, staring at them, nothing... and they are all speaking laughing, enjoying themselves, you know? Hot girls and guys that i know, no problems speaking as much as they like (not excessively) and when i try they are all nodding but not speaking with me at all. I have never had a gf, no sex, my first kiss was with this awful girl on a Carnival night when i was drunk. And you think you got it bad?? I am a very sociable person, its just that every time i speak everybody just changes subject or pretends not to have heard me, making me repeat myself all the time. and stuff like this :mad:

Im feeling quite depressed these days, and hiding it is quite hard. every time somebody (even joking) says something to me i kind of take it too close to heart. People are always saying whats up with you? Why do you smile so little? I do smile though in front of the mirror I'd hate to look at myself smiling, i look stupid.

This f,u,c,k,i,n,g, depression is killing me now, what is going to happen to me when i turn 25-30?? Ill be a walking corpse, no joys in life or anything. And i dont want to kill myslef because i have thought about it and i dont think anybody will remember me or anyone lese who commits suicide.

HAAAALP!:eek: :eek: :eek:

First of all thank your for replying to my post The one thing about depression is it takes no prisoners! What I mean by that is, it doesn't have mercy and anyone can be affected by it. It doesn't matter if I have friends (who I hardly ever see anymore by the way due to geography :rolleyes: ) I can still get depressed!

They can help but the only person who can make you happy is you :yes:

You have got ages to go if you are still in school I'm an old fart by comparison Please, please try not to judge yourself for your bad feelings because like I said depression isn't very rational. If you have to work hard to get some grades just do what you can so you can get to university. I honestly had a awful social life in school, no friends at all! I hadn't even kissed a man not even an 'awful' one so you're one up on me there

I think if you can get into university things will look up, they did for me anyway, but don't base all your self-worth on achievements either as I make that mistake all the time.... try not to do anything but focusing on the here and now and what you think you have to do to make things better and more comfortable for yourself.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Confused about what?

ReputationRep:
    What's to stop you saying something? maybe you don't have it wrong.

not really. quite the opposite actually
    :hugs: I'm sorry. If you need to talk you can send me a PM.

Malsy, what's wrong? :hugs:

(Original post by Toaster Leavings)
    First of all thank your for replying to my post The one thing about depression is it takes no prisoners! What I mean by that is, it doesn't have mercy and anyone can be affected by it. It doesn't matter if I have friends (who I hardly ever see anymore by the way due to geography :rolleyes: ) I can still get depressed!

They can help but the only person who can make you happy is you :yes:

You have got ages to go if you are still in school I'm an old fart by comparison Please, please try not to judge yourself for your bad feelings because like I said depression isn't very rational. If you have to work hard to get some grades just do what you can so you can get to university. I honestly had a awful social life in school, no friends at all! I hadn't even kissed a man not even an 'awful' one so you're one up on me there

I think if you can get into university things will look up, they did for me anyway, but don't base all your self-worth on achievements either as I make that mistake all the time.... try not to do anything but focusing on the here and now and what you think you have to do to make things better and more comfortable for yourself.
    I agree. I spent my whole time in school wanting to have a bf and it sucks when everyone else has someone and you don't. But when you go to uni, things improve and the world gets bigger and you can find someone special to give you a hug etc ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laus)
    How are you?
    Pretty ******. I am still feeling the residual effects of seasonal allergies and am just feeling generally not happy with my life.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.