Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becki08)
    :hugs: what's wrong?
    I need help, I can't take this anymore :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BruceTaylor)
    I need help, I can't take this anymore :cry:
    :hugs: is there anyone you can phone or can come and be with you? Is there anything specific you're struggling with. I know it's hard but you can get through this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathan122)
    I'm trying, but it's not been a great success so far.
    :hugs: I hope you have some better luck soon. Here if you ever want to talk.

ReputationRep:
    Not a good afternoon

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    I just feel so cold and numb
    Are you okay? :hugs:

What's up?

And may I ask why you have Sylvia Plath as your avatar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BruceTaylor)
    Are you okay? :hugs:

What's up?

And may I ask why you have Sylvia Plath as your avatar?

I just wish things were better.

I have her as my avatar as I'm 'studying' her and her novel for English Literature A level and I love it muchly:suith: :yep:
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    Thanks Rachel. I read the PM- sorry I didn't know you'd replied- and yeah, I found it really helpful! :hugs:
    Good luck with couselling tomorrow and hope it goes well!

I'm a bit disturbed by my weight loss tbh but I'm scared of putting on weight (like every weight higher than what I am sounds like too much ). But it's a bit worrying that I can no longer fit into my size 6 trousers and I still don't look how I want to.
    I managed to eat today and yesterday but I really don't want to eat anymore. It hurts and I feel bad and I'm just bored of food.

Becki, maybe your doctor thinks you have an ED-NOS (eating disorder not otherwise specifed) where you have tendencies of anorexia or/and bulimia but it isn't full blown? It sucks though. If you don't have an eating disorder it's annoying when people think you do. Hope everything does ok for you. x :hugs:
    Yeah after loosing so much weight and then trying to put it on it can sound a bit much but you said you can no longer fit into your size 6 trousers which ( I'm not sure about your medical situation so can't really judge it) is, as you say, worrying. Would you like to put on more weight? Do you feel that you will feel better if you do? It's got to be something you want to do but at the end of the day it is important you eat, even if its small regular portions. Glad you hear you managed to eat yesterday and today , even if it hurt you still showed great strength and did it. Sorry if I come across patronizing but having been in a similar situation as your self it is a big achievement within its self I think and you need more encouragement rather than pressure ( which not a lot of people can differentiate between). Just take each day as it comes. My counsellor said to me that "you aren't always going to feel hungry" which I don't know how but it eased the anxiety a bit. Try not to think about eating too much and it will start to come naturally. You said you were bored of food too, have you tried cooking something different, something you've never tried before? It can sometimes help. I really wish you all the luck in the world, it is a scary place to be. Even now I am eating again the voices in my head at telling me I'm fat...gosh I hate those voices....:mad:

Conselling was ok today, I've realised a lot of things that are wrong with my life, that aren't really my parents fault but have stemmed from my up bringing, such as the anxiety and lack of self belief as I've been so dependent on my folks for so long. I know I'm ABLE to get my self out of my situation but mentally there is something stopping me from doing it, the fear or the unknown...the fear of failure...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    I just wish things were better.

I have her as my avatar as I'm 'studying' her and her novel for English Literature A level and I love it muchly:suith: :yep:
    x
    Hey *waves* Sorry to hear you're feeling down.
    How do you wish things were better? By the way English Literature = The best A level ever!! If you need help don't hesitate to PM me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    Yeah after loosing so much weight and then trying to put it on it can sound a bit much but you said you can no longer fit into your size 6 trousers which ( I'm not sure about your medical situation so can't really judge it) is, as you say, worrying. Would you like to put on more weight? Do you feel that you will feel better if you do? It's got to be something you want to do but at the end of the day it is important you eat, even if its small regular portions. Glad you hear you managed to eat yesterday and today , even if it hurt you still showed great strength and did it. Sorry if I come across patronizing but having been in a similar situation as your self it is a big achievement within its self I think and you need more encouragement rather than pressure ( which not a lot of people can differentiate between). Just take each day as it comes. My counsellor said to me that "you aren't always going to feel hungry" which I don't know how but it eased the anxiety a bit. Try not to think about eating too much and it will start to come naturally. You said you were bored of food too, have you tried cooking something different, something you've never tried before? It can sometimes help. I really wish you all the luck in the world, it is a scary place to be. Even now I am eating again the voices in my head at telling me I'm fat...gosh I hate those voices....:mad:

Conselling was ok today, I've realised a lot of things that are wrong with my life, that aren't really my parents fault but have stemmed from my up bringing, such as the anxiety and lack of self belief as I've been so dependent on my folks for so long. I know I'm ABLE to get my self out of my situation but mentally there is something stopping me from doing it, the fear or the unknown...the fear of failure...
    Don't be silly, you aren't being patronising at all!
    I know I should be proud of myself but I just feel disgusting. I'm sure it will pass the more I get used to eating. Yeah, I'm thinking about getting into cooking. Might make me more likely to eat if I know what's in it! Don't let the voices win. I keep getting them too. Must be some odd side effect of not eating for so long lol :p:
    Hope everything goes ok for you and good luck with your eating and uni and anxiety. And thanks so much for the support. :hugs:

Glad counselling was good for you. I have that same fear of failure, it's amazing how much you want to do something but can't because you're scared of failing. It's sort of self perpetuating I think.

ReputationRep:
    Hi im sorry for interuppting but just needed to vent a little...
    Just been feeling really bad again lately and cant shake it, i have also started to feel sick all of the time and go through phases of not wanting to eat at all or wanting to keep eating

Wish i could say that i had something physically wrong with me, it would be so much easier to solve.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by diamonddust)
    Don't be silly, you aren't being patronising at all!
    I know I should be proud of myself but I just feel disgusting. I'm sure it will pass the more I get used to eating. Yeah, I'm thinking about getting into cooking. Might make me more likely to eat if I know what's in it! Don't let the voices win. I keep getting them too. Must be some odd side effect of not eating for so long lol :p:
    Hope everything goes ok for you and good luck with your eating and uni and anxiety. And thanks so much for the support. :hugs:

Glad counselling was good for you. I have that same fear of failure, it's amazing how much you want to do something but can't because you're scared of failing. It's sort of self perpetuating I think.
    Yeah I do recommend getting creative with food, I think it will help you learn to like it again. Yeah the voices are annoying because everyone is telling you one thing but then in my head I hear another, you'd think that the majority would rule but I don't know why the single voice seems to rule over what others tell me...I'm always hard on myself and I know I should give my self a break but it's easier said than done, breaking a habit of a life time as they say. We're all here to support each other, no worries. :hugs: its easier to talk things through especially with people who are going through similar problems. I find that my "therapy" is helping others because in turn I sort of think "hey I should try doing that myself, see if it works for me".
    Obviously all your problems aren't going to be solved over night but little progress is better than no progress at all. Have you tried talking to someone about your worries and concerns, often problems with food, whether it be an eating disorder or something else, whatever it is they are never as black and white as "Oh I think I'm fat", if only they were that simple. Problems with food can be linked to a variety of issues and I think that in order to get over it you must identify what the issue is. For me the issue was not wanting to end up how I was when I was younger and wasn't eating properly, I made my self really ill, t was a scary time, I never talked about it properly so the problem never really when away. But now I'm talking to a consellor I feel like I'm answering a lot of questions myself, the consellor is just makng me think about things and trying to make sense of what is going on up-stairs.
    My anxiety isn't too bad now, I get moments where I feel a bit out of control with things but they soon pass, and I haven't had a panic attack all week now *touch wood* which is great! I'm just scared that going back home will set it off again, it's strange most people miss home but I don't, I love my family but I don't miss home...I felt, so suffocated, controlled, here there is so much space and liberation...its hard to explain...

Your problem doesn't have to be life threatening to speak to a counsellor but you've got to want to do it. I see it as a way of taking control and deciding for your self what you want to do about your situation, the consellor is there to guide your thoughts.
    I'm sure you have goals you want to achieve and you need a healthy mind AND body to achieve that, without eating properly neither are going to be functioning properly ( that was another motivation for me) so maybe that is something to think about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxkaylsxx)
    Hi im sorry for interuppting but just needed to vent a little...
    Just been feeling really bad again lately and cant shake it, i have also started to feel sick all of the time and go through phases of not wanting to eat at all or wanting to keep eating

Wish i could say that i had something physically wrong with me, it would be so much easier to solve.
    Hey You aren't interupting, its good to talk, its often easier with strangers than with people you know.

What has been making you feel bad? Are you able to change it? These are all questions you need to ask yourself.

Yeah I've had the same problems not eating for ages and then eating too much. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately, once you've been tainted in this way it seems nobody's willing to give you a second chance.

I'm trying to make new friends in London. It's not going well so far. :cry:

How are you today Nat?
    :/ You'll find decent people at some point :hugs:

I'm not doing too good today. I've become a bit obsessed with food atm... or rather not eating food... and I'm shattered. I've not eaten all day (aside from one chunk of Dairy Milk) yet I'm niether hungry nor wanting to eat at all. I've got a cracking head ache and I've just come home from a night out early because I was just about ready to throttle someone :o:

ReputationRep:
    2 weeks down, 9 to go. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    2 weeks down, 9 to go. :sigh:
    :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    how is everyone today?

ReputationRep:
    Crap. You?

ReputationRep:
    I'm so so. Had group this morning and there's a new program called STEPS starting up soon. It's basically the skills part of DBT and is supposed to help you learn how to deal with emotions (supposed to be good for borderline personality disorder which I have). The facilitator at my group is going to try to get me onto the pilot program as it should help me learn how to cope with feelings before I (hopefully) have psychotherapy and the therapeutic community I've been referred to.

How are you?

ReputationRep:
    Not my best. getting by though thanks

what's up?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.