The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKIII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1500
Solved the going out problem - rather than going to the social I was supposed to, I'm going to a virgin vie party and being picked up. This way I don't have to spend the evening on my own or walk :smile:
becki08
It's good that someone's going to help you with it. That should help you stay in control and not over/under-eat. Could you ask your GP to change anti-depressants if they're not helping? :hugs:

Well I don't think I'm really overeating, I haven't changed my eating habits at all since I started the anti depressants and I've gained over 2 stone lol, The diet's just based around getting the right balance of food groups and makes sure you don't have more than 1,400. I may not lose weight but at least if I don't I know for sure that I have a physical problem.

I'm not on the anti depressants any more but apparently the changes to your system stay with you for about a year(!).
Lavace
#

I think we're complete opposites, I eat everything in site, but I'm still ultra slim (: And 7 stone is tiny! How thin are you?

I love your profile, you're a pianist eh?

Aww thank you! :p: And I wish I was a pianist, I've been trying to learn for about a year now but I'm still quite rubbish lol but a friend says she'll teach me so maybe I'll get a bit better! I can't even play Chopsticks!

I used to be like you, like I'd eat complete junk everyday and not care and not put on weight but now I've gone all weird and it's annoying the hell out of me! :mad:

Malsy- I saw you're going to the doctors- that's a huge step! :smile: :hugs: Good luck, though you don't need it because it will be fine! :smile:
I saw a dietician for a while a few years ago but it didn't really help because I basically exaggerated what I ate in my food diary and refused to drink the high calorie drinks (because they made me feel sick). This is entirely of my own making and I really need to sort it out. I annoy myself. :mad:

Becki- Ouch. :frown: Blister doesn't sound good, I hope it heals. And about the doctor, please print out one of your posts and show her. She has to know so she can help and her laughing at you isn't helpful. Has she given you your options?
My doctor is kind of the same, he mentioned that I might have an ED (I don't. I don't want one either so I have to stop this) but didn't mention how to make it go away. It's all very well to say just eat but I don't know how to. I keep overthinking it. :s-smilie:
:hugs: and good luck with going out xx
death.drop
Well I don't think I'm really overeating, I haven't changed my eating habits at all since I started the anti depressants and I've gained over 2 stone lol, The diet's just based around getting the right balance of food groups and makes sure you don't have more than 1,400. I may not lose weight but at least if I don't I know for sure that I have a physical problem.

I'm not on the anti depressants any more but apparently the changes to your system stay with you for about a year(!).

Whoa, what AD is this? :eek:
The diet sounds good though and pretty healthy.
diamonddust
Whoa, what AD is this? :eek:
The diet sounds good though and pretty healthy.

citalopram.
My mum bought a new set of bathroom scales, made me try them out then tells me how fat I am and how much I need to lose weight. Thanks a lot mum, made me feel so much better about myself. :frown:

I play loads of sport, I also eat loads, but I was happy, now I'm feeling really down because she weighs over a stone less than me and is flabby as hell I can't imagine how disgusting I must look weighing so much more.
Sabertooth
My mum bought a new set of bathroom scales, made me try them out then tells me how fat I am and how much I need to lose weight. Thanks a lot mum, made me feel so much better about myself. :frown:

I play loads of sport, I also eat loads, but I was happy, now I'm feeling really down because she weighs over a stone less than me and is flabby as hell I can't imagine how disgusting I must look weighing so much more.

if you play a lot of sport you're probably more muscular and toned than her. As long as you feel healthy try not to let it get you down too much. the scales aren't changing your body shape or how much fat you have, so you shouldn't let the result affect your mentality.
If you really aren't happy with the way you look then only you can do something to change it, though it sounds like your mum either wants to help you or wants to keep an eye on her own weight (judging from the bmi scales) so maybe you could help each other out, might go horribly wrong but it may help your relationship to come together on something productive.
death.drop
if you play a lot of sport you're probably more muscular and toned than her. As long as you feel healthy try not to let it get you down too much. the scales aren't changing your body shape or how much fat you have, so you shouldn't let the result affect your mentality.
If you really aren't happy with the way you look then only you can do something to change it, though it sounds like your mum either wants to help you or wants to keep an eye on her own weight (judging from the bmi scales) so maybe you could help each other out, might go horribly wrong but it may help your relationship to come together on something productive.

You're right they haven't changed me but I'm not the most stable with regards to my body image as it is so she just made me feel really bad. I am going to join the gym on monday and probably try to play even more sport I just feel like it's never enough I wish I had the self control to not eat or something, I worked out all summer and stayed at the same weight so it doesn't seem to matter what I do, plus I have so much work to do for uni no idea how I'm going to fit it all in - sorry I'm rambling now it just really hurt how she said how fat I was then my brother was like "it's ok your bf likes a little meat". :o: :frown:

My mum just lost 2 stone so she's happy with her weight but has always nagged me about being "big". I don't want to work with her tbh, sorry, it's a nice suggestion and thanks for the idea but I can't I just feel fat being bigger than her.
Sabertooth
You're right they haven't changed me but I'm not the most stable with regards to my body image as it is so she just made me feel really bad. I am going to join the gym on monday and probably try to play even more sport I just feel like it's never enough I wish I had the self control to not eat or something, I worked out all summer and stayed at the same weight so it doesn't seem to matter what I do, plus I have so much work to do for uni no idea how I'm going to fit it all in

know the feeling. No matter what I've eaten or how much I've exercised for the last 9 months I've only gained weight. I may totally stop drinking soon as I know a lot of my calorie intake is from that.
As for uni work, this may be a totally retarded idea, would it be possible to revise by reading text books while on an exercise bike or a treadmill or something? I was on my brothers exercise bike the other day and his girlfriend's actually devised a book holder for the handle bars as she loves to read :p:

sorry I'm rambling now it just really hurt how she said how fat I was then my brother was like "it's ok your bf likes a little meat". :o: :frown:

My mum's just the same. always going on about my weight. I think it's a bit of a shock for her as i'd always been quite slim, and then I just started to balloon up. always comes across as intentionally mean though.

My mum just lost 2 stone so she's happy with her weight but has always nagged me about being "big". I don't want to work with her tbh, sorry, it's a nice suggestion and thanks for the idea but I can't I just feel fat being bigger than her.

fair enough, it does sound like your mum is overly critical of you tbh.
death.drop
know the feeling. No matter what I've eaten or how much I've exercised for the last 9 months I've only gained weight. I may totally stop drinking soon as I know a lot of my calorie intake is from that.
As for uni work, this may be a totally retarded idea, would it be possible to revise by reading text books while on an exercise bike or a treadmill or something? I was on my brothers exercise bike the other day and his girlfriend's actually devised a book holder for the handle bars as she loves to read :p:

My mum's just the same. always going on about my weight. I think it's a bit of a shock for her as i'd always been quite slim, and then I just started to balloon up. always comes across as intentionally mean though.

fair enough, it does sound like your mum is overly critical of you tbh.

It's not a retarded idea thanks for the thought but I have enough trouble concentrating on work as it is in the quiet of my room I don't think I'd be able to concentrate at all in a gym. Bah, tbh I'm thinking of dropping out again I can't cope with all the work and now I have an additional problem to try and sort out. I just want to curl up and cry. I am crying already I'm just not in the corner just yet. :frown: Sorry rambling again. Feel so ****.
Sabertooth
It's not a retarded idea thanks for the thought but I have enough trouble concentrating on work as it is in the quiet of my room I don't think I'd be able to concentrate at all in a gym. Bah, tbh I'm thinking of dropping out again I can't cope with all the work and now I have an additional problem to try and sort out. I just want to curl up and cry. I am crying already I'm just not in the corner just yet. :frown: Sorry rambling again. Feel so ****.

no worries, that's what this thread is for :p:
Hope you feel better tonight.
I've been waiting 4 hours for bubbi to get home and he's not even hugged me before going out to the pub. and his "I won't be out for long" is actually "I'll be out until the pub's closed and I've gone for a takeaway so you'll probably be asleep by the time I get back"

fan-*******-tastic.
Reply 1512
death.drop
I've been waiting 4 hours for bubbi to get home and he's not even hugged me before going out to the pub. and his "I won't be out for long" is actually "I'll be out until the pub's closed and I've gone for a takeaway so you'll probably be asleep by the time I get back"

fan-*******-tastic.

Bubbi isn't very nice...
D-Day
Bubbi isn't very nice...

he is. he just works a lot. I can't really begrudge him a night out (and he did ask if i wanted to go), I only wish I had warning.
I'm just having a tough night and thinking I'll have to wait another couple of hours minimum before I have some company is really tough

I'm writing suicide notes, I don't really know why because I'm not planning on killing myself, I just do it. like with my funeral plans, I find myself revising it all whenever I feel low. Just in case I die, just in case I have to kill myself.

thinking about going and seeing Jake as well, which is almost always a bad idea and always something I do when I end up having to spend the night alone unexpectedly. I don't know what the hell is wrong with me.
Reply 1514
I want to give in. Everything's gone wrong and I just can't take it anymore. What's the ******* point of any of this when life just constantly craps on you? My tablets don't work, my family don't care and my friends think I just need to "Get a grip". The only good thing in my life is my fiancee but no doubt that will go wrong eventually.

I just want out :cry:
BruceTaylor
I want to give in. Everything's gone wrong and I just can't take it anymore. What's the ******* point of any of this when life just constantly craps on you? My tablets don't work, my family don't care and my friends think I just need to "Get a grip". The only good thing in my life is my fiancee but no doubt that will go wrong eventually.

:frown:
BruceTaylor

Have you been back to the doctors about the tablets? We're your friends, and we don't think you just need to "get a grip", and from what you've said about your family in the past it doesn't seem like they're particularly nice people anyway (sorry if that seems harsh :o:).

:hugs:
BruceTaylor

:hugs:
We care. Please go back to your doctor and ask them to change your tablets. xx
Reply 1519
jonathan122

What's wrong? :hugs:

Latest