Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    thank you

im ok. havent had much time to cry of my 'mental problems' due to this pain but its always at the back of my mind and im always thinking about it even in physical pain !

i just want to recover fast and get back to normal even though my normal is not normal:p:

i did say to my mum ive been thinking about all the foods i want when i recover and she did say to me ''think of all the poor out there and the way they think about food'' so that made me :mute:

how're you?
    Meh, surviving, just about...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FM08)
    I sometimes wonder what makes a person suicidal? Forget level of trauma for a minute, I guess it comes down to the individual's character or what? Like personally I'm not suicidal in any way shape or form but I have been through a hell of a alot of trauma in the last 2/3 years. Just curious as to what people think, not meaning to touch any nerves or out.
    The idea scares me, I don't think I could hurt myself, I don't have it in me. I don't feel like there's anything particularly good in my life at the moment apart from the people I love, but work keeps moving me further and further away from them. However my solution to that is to try and get out of the situation by keep requesting a transfer, I don't think I could go to the extreme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FM08)
    I sometimes wonder what makes a person suicidal? Forget level of trauma for a minute, I guess it comes down to the individual's character or what? Like personally I'm not suicidal in any way shape or form but I have been through a hell of a alot of trauma in the last 2/3 years. Just curious as to what people think, not meaning to touch any nerves or out.
    For me i dont think its my personality, just how my mind tries to cope with things i have been through recently. When i do feel suicidal its because i think it would make things easier for everyone, not just me, if i were no longer around.

ReputationRep:
    I cut my wrist up pretty badly last night Fortunatly my watch strap is wide enough to cover it up. Stupid, stupid, stupid :cry:

I want to tell my best friend before my mum but she's in the process of breaking up with her long term boyfriend and I don't want to pile this on her as well. :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kiss_me_now9)
    I cut my wrist up pretty badly last night Fortunatly my watch strap is wide enough to cover it up. Stupid, stupid, stupid :cry:

I want to tell my best friend before my mum but she's in the process of breaking up with her long term boyfriend and I don't want to pile this on her as well. :emo:
    :hugs: sorry to hear that. Does it need medical attention or anything? Try to keep it clean, infection is not good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    :hugs: sorry to hear that. Does it need medical attention or anything? Try to keep it clean, infection is not good.
    No, it should be fine... Just looks really ugly atm. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    No, it should be fine... Just looks really ugly atm. :rolleyes:
    Once it starts to heal you could try putting bio oil on it to try to stop it scarring.

:hugs:

ReputationRep:

it's not stupid, it's just what you needed to do to help yourself. I'd never encourage people to cut but it's not for anyone to say you were wrong or stupid.
    My counsellor says that although it may not be ideal it's just another coping mechanism and trying to go with out it if it's what you feel you need may cause may harm than good, so while you should really think about it before doing it you shouldn't feel guilt or shame if that's what it comes to.

I'd suggest talking to your best friend without the intention of telling her, but if a time comes up where it feels ok to say it then do. she might even appreciate something to take her mind of her break up. You can't go through all of this without the support of someone close to you, and i'm sure she wouldn't want you to.

ReputationRep:
    I'm better now and I haven't self harmed since April, but it is it normal to still have urges to sel harm when I feel happy and well? Obviously it's worse when there's triggers but occasionally I just get a powerful urge to do it :/.

ReputationRep:
    Feel pretty rough today, had such a crazy ****** up scary dream. It was horrible, didn't see the point in getting out of bed and still feeling no better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Comm Tiger)
    I'm better now and I haven't self harmed since April, but it is it normal to still have urges to sel harm when I feel happy and well? Obviously it's worse when there's triggers but occasionally I just get a powerful urge to do it :/.
    I still get urges over a year since I last cut, it's like an addiction, I don't think you ever get totally free of it.

Well done on not self harming since april

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    I still get urges over a year since I last cut, it's like an addiction, I don't think you ever get totally free of it.

Well done on not self harming since april
    Thanks, it's been a difficult journey but I've survived .

How is everyone else tonight?

ReputationRep:
    I got myself a really cool zippo made me happy. getting a tattoo done on tusday *fingers crossed*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vienna Cannon)
    I got myself a really cool zippo made me happy. getting a tattoo done on tusday *fingers crossed*
    Awesome what are you getting done? if you don't mind me asking. I love looking at people's tattoos but I'm too fickle to get one myself. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Feeling really low tonight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BruceTaylor)
    Feeling really low tonight
    :hugs: Hey, what's up? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eru Iluvatar)
    Ok... after a lot of cajoling from Vienna, i'm going to post in here... don't really like talking about this stuff, particularly around people i know, but... will try.

Thought i'd got rid of my depression almost exactly a year ago... basically, parents (well father), was an evil piece of work who totally screwed my head up, made my life a misery... self harmed very regularly, and... not sure how many suicide attempts, but a few... i thought moving away from there, to a new start with my girlfriend in Ireland was going to just sort the whole lot out. Guess it is kind of wishful thinking, but i wanted it to be true so much, and tried so hard to forget it all, force myself to be happy...

Needless to say, didn't work... am happier than i was, but... more and more recently, i've been up and down more, and sometimes feeling as bad as i did back then... Usual causes, work problems, relationship problems, a metric butt-load of stress... and whatever stuff from the past thats still not sorted out in my head (feelings of inadequacy, self destructive tendencies, too dependent on people, i'm sure that alot of people in here get it)... have started self harming again more seriously the past couple of months, and... been suicidal on occasion. Being in a different country makes medical help harder to come by, and... well, i'm not sure how long i can keep things up in this state...

Not really sure what else to say for now...
    Hi, :hugs: Sorry things have been so bad recently. I hope things get better soon. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Just got back from a night out with friends and I can't stop thinking about how I just want to cry my eyes out. My mum is still being a cold ***** to me. Not a happy bunny

ReputationRep:
    my cousins sleeping over today and i just feel so jealous and sad. we were ''gossip-ing'' and she talks about all the stuff shes gotten up to and it just makes me so jealous and i think what if i could be getting up to mischief too if it wasnt for my problems; i just feel like im missing out so much on my teenage years etc. my oh my its very sad.

:hugs: for everyone.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.