Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    arghhhhhh
    hugs
    :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    I've been really stupid in regards to stopping my meds and injections without telling anyone. :cry:
    Hugs, anyone?
    :hugs:

I did that. :o: The results were not good. You should tell someone if you can?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    :hugs:

I did that. :o: The results were not good. You should tell someone if you can?
    Yeah, I've told my academic tutor, and Bruce and my mum pretty much forced me at gunpoint last night to take a pill and see the doctor today.
    Apparently the surge of hormones as my menopause ends really do exacerbate depression.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I've told my academic tutor, and Bruce and my mum pretty much forced me at gunpoint last night to take a pill and see the doctor today.
    Apparently the surge of hormones as my menopause ends really do exacerbate depression.
    Yes, I am awesome :awesome:

Hope things go better for you on them, but just remember what I said: You're not crazy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BruceTaylor)
    Yes, I am awesome :awesome:

Hope things go better for you on them, but just remember what I said: You're not crazy.
    Not much crazy, :p:

Euck, I know, I know, it's all just a little :lolwut: right now.

ReputationRep:
    Not much crazy, :p:

Euck, I know, I know, it's all just a little :lolwut: right now.
    I know how that feels, but things will get better as long as you go about them the right way.

ReputationRep:
    Just had an appointment with my psychiatrist and now I feel awfull. I always get the impression he thinks i'm wasting his time and is laughing at me and what I say because he thinks i'm just an emo student. And I don't think I answer any of his questions very well, I get confused because I don't know exactly what he is trying to find out and I don't know what sort of information to give and I don't know what to say. Now I'm starting to think I am wasting his time and everything is my own fault for having a bad attitude or something.
    I always feel so bad whenever I see either him or the psychologist that i'm starting to think it's not helping at all and I should stop going to appointments. I know that would be a bad idea though, but it's tempting.

Can someone reassure me that psychologists and psychiatrists don't laugh at their patients behind their backs and talk about how pathetic and attention seeking they are? I know they probably don't but the thought has crossed my mind :o:

Eugh, I wish it was late enough for me to go to bed so it can be a new day.

ReputationRep:
    BIG :hugs: to everyone on here, especially those who are stuggling at the moment. I've had a really crappy day today. My work placement wasn't too bad but as soon as I left I started thinking and feeling really crap, I mean REALLY crap to the point that tears were forming in my eyes. I don't even know why, I'm just so scared of everything....Someone asked me on a date, I'm petrified but have said yes to try and get over the fear....I'm so scared though...I don't want to do it....I don't want to feel like this...its horrible. Went out, got drunk ( BAD IDEA!) someone tried to take advantage but I was in control enough to push them away...when I sobered up I just locked my self in my room and cried and cried.....I feel like I'm on a path to self distruction, I haven't got any of my work done and I have exams soon....I just...I can't go through this, I don't even know where my tutor is at so I can't tell him. I just feel helpless, I've let myself down and my parents and God. I just HATE myself right now...I just want to disappear. Everything seems so grim...pointless...horrible...I can't stop crying...I can't stop thinking...

ReputationRep:
    i have conjunctivitis and apparently i should stop moaning as there are worse things that could happen to me- i mean if anyone knows that it's me wth: i'd rather have this ten times a year than my other problems i deal with. anyway how is everyone else xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    i have conjunctivitis and apparently i should stop moaning as there are worse things that could happen to me- i mean if anyone knows that it's me wth: i'd rather have this ten times a year than my other problems i deal with. anyway how is everyone else xx
    :hugs: Malsy, as true as that may be ( there is always someone worse off) it doesn't get rid of the fact that any kind of suffering is bad. Its not easy at all. I know I have nothing to moan about, I got into Uni, which a lot of people this year didn't and really wanted to, I've made some good friends, which some people struggle to do, my health could be worse physically....but some how in spite of all that I feel...gosh its undescribable...it just consumes me...I feel like its destroying me. Its like a slow and painful death and no one can help. I dont know whats happening to me. Its been going on for months and just when things seem to get better they get worse again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    :hugs: Malsy, as true as that may be ( there is always someone worse off) it doesn't get rid of the fact that any kind of suffering is bad. Its not easy at all. I know I have nothing to moan about, I got into Uni, which a lot of people this year didn't and really wanted to, I've made some good friends, which some people struggle to do, my health could be worse physically....but some how in spite of all that I feel...gosh its undescribable...it just consumes me...I feel like its destroying me. Its like a slow and painful death and no one can help. I dont know whats happening to me. Its been going on for months and just when things seem to get better they get worse again.
    :hugs: i'm glad there are people like you that agree and i'm sorry you feel like that:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Hi, was anyone not able to concentrate at school and get really bad grades due to depression? I think this may have happened to me. I was feeling sad and tired and quite unmotivated all through Year 12, kept doing loads of things wrong in a couple of subjects in particular, and ended up with grades CEU. I think it was a combination of being depressed, not completely believing in myself and also doing the wrong subjects, and I changed two of them now, and feel a little happier, the sadness is still not completely gone but I try.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
    Hi, was anyone not able to concentrate at school and get really bad grades due to depression? I think this may have happened to me. I was feeling sad and tired and quite unmotivated all through Year 12, kept doing loads of things wrong in a couple of subjects in particular, and ended up with grades CEU. I think it was a combination of being depressed, not completely believing in myself and also doing the wrong subjects, and I changed two of them now, and feel a little happier, the sadness is still not completely gone but I try.
    Yeah it can really have an effect on your grades. I used to be top of my class in English but when I started feeling this way my grades slipped significantly, it got to a point where I couldn't even complete an question. I really had to try hard to get myself back on top and the hard work paid off as I managed to get an A in the end but my other subjects suffered too. Now I'm at Uni I'm not really motivated to work and I have exams and course work due in December...I just feel like these feelings strip me of my will power but these exams are important and need focusing on. Do you have a friend/someone in your class who you can study with. Today I was studying with my friend who is really motivated and eager when working and it really rubbed off on me. I did the most work I'd ever done since I got here and I acutally enjoyed it. Seriously teaming up with friends can make it that bit more bearable. As for the subjects you are doing , so something you enjoy and are good at ( says the girl who ended up doing a subject she detests....) :hugs: good luck!

ReputationRep:
    hi guys, how are you all?

ReputationRep:
    Pretty ******. You?

ReputationRep:
    empty. numb.

what's up?

ReputationRep:
    I don't feel quite a despondent as I did a month ago, but I still feel very apathetic towards everything. Like I'm adrift in a sea of... something, with no idea how to find solid ground.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in pain. I've lost all physical strength, walking down the stairs is a strain on my legs! My thoughts are all over the place, I find it hard to nail down an idea or thought for too long as i will move on to think about some else, or get distracted. I keep putting on a fake image of myself when I go outside - i feel as though i can never be my true self! My education is the only thing keeping me on track. urghh life can such a ******* *****!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    Yeah it can really have an effect on your grades. I used to be top of my class in English but when I started feeling this way my grades slipped significantly, it got to a point where I couldn't even complete an question. I really had to try hard to get myself back on top and the hard work paid off as I managed to get an A in the end but my other subjects suffered too. Now I'm at Uni I'm not really motivated to work and I have exams and course work due in December...I just feel like these feelings strip me of my will power but these exams are important and need focusing on. Do you have a friend/someone in your class who you can study with. Today I was studying with my friend who is really motivated and eager when working and it really rubbed off on me. I did the most work I'd ever done since I got here and I acutally enjoyed it. Seriously teaming up with friends can make it that bit more bearable. As for the subjects you are doing , so something you enjoy and are good at ( says the girl who ended up doing a subject she detests....) :hugs: good luck!
    Thank you for the reply, good luck to you too :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Hang in there guys! Hang in there. You know I find myself questioning myself worth a lot of the time...shouldn't compare myself to everyone else but I just don't feel normal...I'm fed up of feeling inadequate...having people telling me I'm not this and I'm not that...had a cry down the phone to mum today. Don't know why but I've grown distant from my family. I don't feel comfortable at home any more, it doesn't feel like home, I get so anxious and up tight, even when my mum came to visit I was so edgy and I felt bad because I love her and miss her so much. I'm just waiting for things to get better. All I can do is hope.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.