Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I just want someone to like me. :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    somebody on another thread said its better to regret what you have done than what you havent. I regret what I havent done and as a result I am now ready to die. =(. How can I get through this year and how will I ever live this down with myself, I cant just accept the fact I have thrown a year at university away considering I will be 20 when I go now, I will always feel like an outcast and I will always feel behind everybody. I just cancelled without considering the consequences =(. I feel like a ******* idiot, I am killing myself today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andyuhoh)
    somebody on another thread said its better to regret what you have done than what you havent. I regret what I havent done and as a result I am now ready to die. =(. How can I get through this year and how will I ever live this down with myself, I cant just accept the fact I have thrown a year at university away considering I will be 20 when I go now, I will always feel like an outcast and I will always feel behind everybody. I just cancelled without considering the consequences =(. I feel like a ******* idiot, I am killing myself today.
    Hi,

I'm here if you want to talk. I hope you haven't done anything.

Lots of people are 20 when they start uni, it's not a big deal. You won't be behind everybody - most people don't go to university at all. Seriously, what's 2 years here and there? Besides, life isn't a competition.

Don't dwell on the past, you can't do anything to change it.

:hugs:

Feel free to pm me if you need a chat.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, what's the point? :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nothos)
    Oh, what's the point? :cry:
    :hugs: What's up?

ReputationRep:
    Goodbye people. Can't take it anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Hey man, don't do anything, like jonathan said loads of people are 20 when they start uni. I was 20 when I started my course, and no one has once asked my age. The difference between 20 and 18 is like nothing, it's unlikely you'll look any older or act it if you don't want to so what's the problem?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to be harsh here; get a grip.
    Really think about what you're saying, You want to die because you're starting uni a little later than some others? A good third of the people I know that went to uni took a year or more out before going, and none of them regretted it.
    This is a temporary problem. Even if uni did go appallingly because you're a little older (which it won't!!!) it's only 3 years, and after that your life is yours, you could even start totally afresh if you wanted to.

Please don't make a decision that lasts forever based on something that hasn't even happened yet.

ReputationRep:
    I dont know how to live life!. Im completely inept at progressing. I've always struggled to make new friends and I have always been too scared to leave home. My parents are crying all the time worried about me and I just want to die.

ReputationRep:
    I dont know how to live life!. Im completely inept at progressing. I've always struggled to make new friends and I have always been too scared to leave home. My parents are crying all the time worried about me and I just want to die.
    uni is the perfect time to make new friends, all the newbies are thrown in together, you're all in the same boat of knowing no-one and having to talk to new people.
    Do you think you could hold out until then?

ReputationRep:
    Honestly? I could, I can easily apply and do it all and go to university away from home if necessary and graduate, but i feel like such a failure. Looking at films such as Road Trip, American Pie and seeing all my friends who are going to leave at 20!. Ill be 22 =(. I dont enjoy life... Haven't for about 5 years now.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly? I could, I can easily apply and do it all and go to university away from home if necessary and graduate, but i feel like such a failure.
    I know this is an old chiche but "you haven't failed until you've given up"

Looking at films such as Road Trip, American Pie and seeing all my friends who are going to leave at 20!. Ill be 22 =(. I dont enjoy life... Haven't for about 5 years now.
    [/quote]
    Films like road trip and american pie aren't reality.
    who cares what your friends are doing? so they'll be in work a little earlier than you, you get a little longer in your life without having to settle down and think about responsibilities!
    when you start university you'll be that little bit more mature which will hopefully help you to get through it.

I can't really argue with the fact you don't enjoy life. I feel the same a lot of the time and suicide is literally a daily thought for me. You just have to keep looking forwards and keep hoping that things will get better.

We're so young, to give up on life this soon would be a tragedy.

ReputationRep:
    I feel so alone in this, nobody notices and nobody cares. Thought a teacher had noticed i was looking abit down the other day and it terrified me, but at least it could have been a way out. Turns out she got my name muddled up with the person next to me and was talking about her. Im invisible and am so close to giving up completely, my family are the only ones keeping me going and even they keep getting ill or are dying :'(

ReputationRep:
    you and me both kayls

ReputationRep:
    Honestly? I could, I can easily apply and do it all and go to university away from home if necessary and graduate, but i feel like such a failure. Looking at films such as Road Trip, American Pie and seeing all my friends who are going to leave at 20!. Ill be 22 =(. I dont enjoy life... Haven't for about 5 years now.
    Hey you aren't a failure, going to Uni straight away isn't for everyone, I actually admire your ability to acknowledge that you weren't ready for it yet. Me, I have no back bone and just did what my parents wanted as always, I regret the things I have done, the fact that I am constantly doing what they want me to do, what is expected of me, always ignoring my gut feelings. I know this is wrong for me but I'm doing it anyway and that is a waste. I'll be 23 when I leave Uni, if I stick with the course and am successful but then I'll have to do a pre-reg year....I feel like packing it in now and doing what I want. In this life you have to go with what you feel your heart is telling you to do, don't worry about how others may see you, there is a woman on my course who is...probably in her 30s plus but it doesn't matter. What is it that YOU want to do? What do you think will make you enjoy life again? Don't let this control you otherwise it's going to be harder to face.

How is everyone today? I was having a pretty good day, don't know if any of you are religious but I was listening to a woman called Joyce Meyer, she's amazing, even if you aren't religious the stuff she says makes sense. I was thinking "yeah...I can get over this...I can learn to love myself again and love life, I'm in control" and then some giant ******** decides to mess with my head and seriously offend me. Talk about kicking the weak when they are down...why is happeness so transitory?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxkaylsxx)
    I feel so alone in this, nobody notices and nobody cares. Thought a teacher had noticed i was looking abit down the other day and it terrified me, but at least it could have been a way out. Turns out she got my name muddled up with the person next to me and was talking about her. Im invisible and am so close to giving up completely, my family are the only ones keeping me going and even they keep getting ill or are dying :'(
    :hugs:
    When you say a way out , I'm assuming you mean help? There are always people around to help you Kayls just tell them that you need that help. People do care honest, its good that your family are keeping you going, just focus on the good times with them and how it would affect them if you weren't around any more. Stay strong, the only way out is through, like a tunnel you have to make your way through and it may be dark and scary but there is help along the way and you will reach the light at the end! you will. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    Hey you aren't a failure, going to Uni straight away isn't for everyone, I actually admire your ability to acknowledge that you weren't ready for it yet. Me, I have no back bone and just did what my parents wanted as always, I regret the things I have done, the fact that I am constantly doing what they want me to do, what is expected of me, always ignoring my gut feelings. I know this is wrong for me but I'm doing it anyway and that is a waste. I'll be 23 when I leave Uni, if I stick with the course and am successful but then I'll have to do a pre-reg year....I feel like packing it in now and doing what I want. In this life you have to go with what you feel your heart is telling you to do, don't worry about how others may see you, there is a woman on my course who is...probably in her 30s plus but it doesn't matter. What is it that YOU want to do? What do you think will make you enjoy life again? Don't let this control you otherwise it's going to be harder to face.

How is everyone today? I was having a pretty good day, don't know if any of you are religious but I was listening to a woman called Joyce Meyer, she's amazing, even if you aren't religious the stuff she says makes sense. I was thinking "yeah...I can get over this...I can learn to love myself again and love life, I'm in control" and then some giant ******** decides to mess with my head and seriously offend me. Talk about kicking the weak when they are down...why is happeness so transitory?
    I was going to do Humanities open programme at Hertfordshire, I should have given it a go at least but I cancelled before I went. I wont be ready till 55 at this rate, im just scared all the time, it isn't normal. I cant just get on the uni train. Im going to be 22 when i leave uni as I am a youngie, thats if I go for it next year... As I say I keep having breakdowns so.

ReputationRep:
    cant cope urghhhhbhhhhhh

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.