Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i've not posted in here before, i've never spoken about how i feel to anyone really and this is gona turn into a bit of a rant so feel free to not reply!

I kinda feel like i shouldnt post in here cuz i've not been diagnosed with depression, but i wondering if you guys could perhaps give me some advice on what to do?

I have no motivation to do anything anymore, i just dont see the point in doing things anymore, like college work, i dont even know why im trying because no matter how much effort i put in it doesnt pay off. I find it incredibly hard to get up in the morning, its not just a lazy teenager thing, i just feel so exhausted all the time. I get 8 hours sleep and everything, i used to cope on 6-7 just fine, but the last year things have changed. I just wana curl back up and sleep, cuz then i dont have thoughts running through my mind on what i have to do and what i should be doing.

I make loads of plans, like things that would be good for me to do, reasons to get out of bed, things to look forward to but it never happens, and ends up making me feel worse cuz i never accomplish anything, but if i dont make these plans then i'll never do anything. Its just a horrible cycle and i dont know how to break it.

When im with my friends im ok, im happy my mind is elsewhere and i dont need to worry about anything cuz when im with them im living in the present.

I also have a boyfriend, i really care about him. he tells me he loves me, but due to an ex boyfriend i have no real trust in people. i keep doubting him and whether he is really there for me and whether he means what he says. but we are in a long distance relationship cuz he is at uni, but when i visit him, everything seems right, and being in a different city just makes me forget about how i feel when im at home. I just wana get away from feeling like this.

I also have a bad relationship with my mum, its just me and her at home, we argue constantly, cuz im an only child she is very over protective. i could understand that, but now im 18 i thought i could have more freedom but no :/ anyway long story short we argue a lot. it doesnt help me feel better. my friends who live in the same town as me have gone to uni, so i have no one to turn to really to take my mind of things. the only time is when im with college friends, and im missing more and more of college cuz i just cant get up in the mornings, so i miss the train, so i just ring college and say i cant come in cuz im ill. which gives me even less time with friends.

I just dont know how to break this cycle. i feel like bursting into tears right now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmalou098)
    Hey, i've not posted in here before, i've never spoken about how i feel to anyone really and this is gona turn into a bit of a rant so feel free to not reply!

I kinda feel like i shouldnt post in here cuz i've not been diagnosed with depression, but i wondering if you guys could perhaps give me some advice on what to do?

I have no motivation to do anything anymore, i just dont see the point in doing things anymore, like college work, i dont even know why im trying because no matter how much effort i put in it doesnt pay off. I find it incredibly hard to get up in the morning, its not just a lazy teenager thing, i just feel so exhausted all the time. I get 8 hours sleep and everything, i used to cope on 6-7 just fine, but the last year things have changed. I just wana curl back up and sleep, cuz then i dont have thoughts running through my mind on what i have to do and what i should be doing.

I make loads of plans, like things that would be good for me to do, reasons to get out of bed, things to look forward to but it never happens, and ends up making me feel worse cuz i never accomplish anything, but if i dont make these plans then i'll never do anything. Its just a horrible cycle and i dont know how to break it.

When im with my friends im ok, im happy my mind is elsewhere and i dont need to worry about anything cuz when im with them im living in the present.

I also have a boyfriend, i really care about him. he tells me he loves me, but due to an ex boyfriend i have no real trust in people. i keep doubting him and whether he is really there for me and whether he means what he says. but we are in a long distance relationship cuz he is at uni, but when i visit him, everything seems right, and being in a different city just makes me forget about how i feel when im at home. I just wana get away from feeling like this.

I also have a bad relationship with my mum, its just me and her at home, we argue constantly, cuz im an only child she is very over protective. i could understand that, but now im 18 i thought i could have more freedom but no :/ anyway long story short we argue a lot. it doesnt help me feel better. my friends who live in the same town as me have gone to uni, so i have no one to turn to really to take my mind of things. the only time is when im with college friends, and im missing more and more of college cuz i just cant get up in the mornings, so i miss the train, so i just ring college and say i cant come in cuz im ill. which gives me even less time with friends.

I just dont know how to break this cycle. i feel like bursting into tears right now
    Hey there Emma (is it cool to call you that? if not just say).

Just letting you know I read all that, I hope it helped you to tell people because, well I find at least that, bottling it all up makes me feel even worse.

I know what you mean about the motivation and difficulty getting out of bed, I'm at uni and still have that problem. Erm...anyway yeah there's not really anything you can do about it, if you actually are depressed, I'm no shrink :p:, then it's part of the parcel and antidepressants can help but might not, that of course is up to you. I think maybe it might be a good idea for you to talk to your doctor perhaps? See what they recommend.

Re: the plans you make, I think that's good you're still making plans and trying to keep them but perhaps try not being so ambitious. Maybe make a plan, get out of bed by 11am, shower and breakfast. Or attend college 2 or 3 days in one week. Start small and build it up. I know how disheartening it can be when you can't stick to your plans so for now put down stuff which maybe you wouldn't do but isn't impossible so you can do it?

Re: your mum, you're 18 right? So second year at college doing A2 right? Trust me on this one, EVERYTHING with your mum will get better once you move out. Are you planning on going to university because that's a brilliant way of getting some independence and furthering your learning too, so it's pretty great and could really benefit you. But I don't know, if not, is there anyway you could find your own place, rent with friends or whatever once you finish college - give you something to aim for and look forward to?

I dunno, I hope I've been of some help, if not just tell me to shut it :p:

ReputationRep:
    Lol no worries, I am feeling better, I am on anti depressants now. Working a treat. Saw my GP today Gave me a completely different view on life. I like the idea of finishing later than everybody. Means i get two more years of fun before real life begins, which is fine as my gf in america is three years younger than i am anyway . Good stuff lol. I have plans and I am in a much better mood than i was this morning.

ReputationRep:
    i'm starting to feel sad and just can't do the things i want to do like feel so numb

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    nope im back to being depressed again. I just realised how much of a child I am. I havent grown up by not going to university at 18 and living on my own. I have no real independance and i hate my life. Im gna be 20 when i go to university and i will be in worse a situation than if i just faced up to my petty fears. I hatemyself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Srxjer)
    :hugs: What's up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathan122)
    http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...ilies/hugs.gif What's up?
    Ignorant and insensitive friends who probably think that I'm lying about my depression, and also, think that I'm lazy because I don't have a job atm because of anxiety (I'm actually doing 4 A-Levels from home, but they still seem to persist.)

My mum who's an alcoholic isn't doing that great which is really getting me down, also.

Thanks for the concern though, the hug emote sure can help sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    Euck, I hate being me. If I get in a bad mood, I just eat less. Well, right now I'm eating a massive plate of food. Totalling about 80 calories. Fml.

ReputationRep:
    urgh **** the world **** you all and go **** yourselves

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Srxjer)
    Ignorant and insensitive friends who probably think that I'm lying about my depression, and also, think that I'm lazy because I don't have a job atm because of anxiety (I'm actually doing 4 A-Levels from home, but they still seem to persist.)

My mum who's an alcoholic isn't doing that great which is really getting me down, also.

Thanks for the concern though, the hug emote sure can help sometimes.

:hugs:
    anyway kudos to you regarding the a levels. they're a ***** aren't they.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    Euck, I hate being me. If I get in a bad mood, I just eat less. Well, right now I'm eating a massive plate of food. Totalling about 80 calories. Fml.
    You need to eat more :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nothos)
    You need to eat more :sad:
    Mleugh. My cousin's taking me out for a drink later, so I may well have something after that.
    Plus I had four slices of toast and two cups of tea earlier :puke:

ReputationRep:
    I want to die

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becki08)
    I want to die
    What's up? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    What's up? :hugs:

I just feel really low and I'm fed up of the constant urge to kill myself or hurt myself all the time. My motivation has completely gone and I'm getting so behind on my course. I've switched from the not eating to bingeing all the time and I'm overweight again but still can't stop eating and it's really getting me down. I just want to be able to end everything now but I have to wait until after my friend's birthday.

How are you? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becki08)
    I just feel really low and I'm fed up of the constant urge to kill myself or hurt myself all the time. My motivation has completely gone and I'm getting so behind on my course. I've switched from the not eating to bingeing all the time and I'm overweight again but still can't stop eating and it's really getting me down. I just want to be able to end everything now but I have to wait until after my friend's birthday.

How are you? :hugs:
    :hugs: to you Becki! I know where you are at right now. I've fallen so behind with my course too, got tests coming up...I just can't seem to get my head around the practical work and feel I'm failing before I've even begun...I just feel like I'm wasting my time here...
    As for the food, I'm doing that too at the moment. Will get times where I just eat and eat and eat and then times where the anxiety kicks in and it takes me ages to finish off a meal. Just thinking about things...
    I've stupidly accepted a date with someone, what was I thinking? I can't go on a date when I'm a mess...its not even a big deal, my housemates don't understand but to me it seem like a big deal, I haven't been with a guy for a long time...and I just don't think I'm in the right place to even consider a relationship...it scares me to death. Trying to stay positive I really am, I'm reading/listening to motivational things a and it works for a while but then the voice returns again...ARRRRGGHH, I WONT let it defeat me, I know I'm stronger than this but I just need time...but time isn't on my side...everything is just rushing by!:woo:

ReputationRep:
    i wish I didn't have to go
    I wish I could be normal and stop feeling like a fraud
    i wish i weren't so scared to live
    i wish it'd just all go away :cry: i cannot cope with this at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    i wish I didn't have to go
    I wish I could be normal and stop feeling like a fraud
    i wish i weren't so scared to live
    i wish it'd just all go away :cry: i cannot cope with this at all.
    :hugs: Where do you have to go?

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: Where do you have to go?

2 absolute new places that i have to go but honestly don't want to. argh why has this happened to me
    i'd be perfectly fine to go IF I WERE NORMAL :sad:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.