Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SunOfABeach)
    Yes, I will be seeing my GP on monday. If anything, he will give me something to help me sleep & relax. 4 days, 5 hours of sleep - total. I can't take this. At least, I used to be able to read, think and write. Now, I can't do any of these things properly.
    Yeah sounds like a good idea! I also recommend keeping yourself active and busy, you'll be more inclined to doze off, have you tried cammomile tea? Whenever I get sleepless nights I have a cup of that and 9 times out of 10 it usually works. It targets the same part of your brain ( part that regulates sleep wake cycles) as sedatives and anti-anxiety drugs. Learnt all about that in lectures. Good luck and hope all goes well. Its horrible not getting enough sleep.

ReputationRep:
    :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    Yeah sounds like a good idea! I also recommend keeping yourself active and busy, you'll be more inclined to doze off, have you tried cammomile tea? Whenever I get sleepless nights I have a cup of that and 9 times out of 10 it usually works. It targets the same part of your brain ( part that regulates sleep wake cycles) as sedatives and anti-anxiety drugs. Learnt all about that in lectures. Good luck and hope all goes well. Its horrible not getting enough sleep.
    Oh my god I have tried every remedy known to man. Nothing works - not even a little. I need a strong sedative or something...:mad:

Thank you very much though. I hope it all goes well for you too

Edit: I have joined a gym and I'm working out but I'm so tired that I can't do it right now. Before the stupid insomnia, I was able to but now all I can do is stare at my PC screen.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god I have tried every remedy known to man. Nothing works - not even a little. I need a strong sedative or something...:mad:

Thank you very much though. I hope it all goes well for you too

Edit: I have joined a gym and I'm working out but I'm so tired that I can't do it right now. Before the stupid insomnia, I was able to but now all I can do is stare at my PC screen.
    Ah that sucks, like I said its best off to see a doctor I guess. Just be honest and hopefully something will be done about it. Have you tried changing your diet? Eating food high in serotonin levels? Like bananas, fish and nuts for example. Try to avoid caffeine based products and alcohol. From personal experience alcohol plays havoc with your head as its a stimulant

I'm back home, its better than it was last time I came back, at least I'm eating. But I'm still getting mini panic attacks, thankfully they are shorter than they used to be and I'm learning to control them. I'm glad I decided to face my fear and come back. Just trying to take my mind off the silly things. If I tell my self I'm in control and at peace then I manage to regain some control. My legs have been feeling weird though...tingly, especially when I have my attacks and I get a bit dizzy from time to time. Mum says I seems happier though which I guess is a start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    Ah that sucks, like I said its best off to see a doctor I guess. Just be honest and hopefully something will be done about it. Have you tried changing your diet? Eating food high in serotonin levels? Like bananas, fish and nuts for example. Try to avoid caffeine based products and alcohol. From personal experience alcohol plays havoc with your head as its a stimulant

I'm back home, its better than it was last time I came back, at least I'm eating. But I'm still getting mini panic attacks, thankfully they are shorter than they used to be and I'm learning to control them. I'm glad I decided to face my fear and come back. Just trying to take my mind off the silly things. If I tell my self I'm in control and at peace then I manage to regain some control. My legs have been feeling weird though...tingly, especially when I have my attacks and I get a bit dizzy from time to time. Mum says I seems happier though which I guess is a start.
    Caffeine? If I don't drink coffee I will die instantly! its what helps me function at the moment. Bananas - check (I eat fruits daily - at least 2 portions). I dont eat meat & fish though . Nuts - check (I eat almonds and walnuts once a day).

Yesterday, throughout the entire night, my ears were ringing!! I mean wtf is that? is it cos of the insomnia? I was totally annoyed not to say a bit scared

And I am seriously anxious to see my doctor. I badly want this thing to end cos it's ruining me atm.

ReputationRep:
    Caffeine? If I don't drink coffee I will die instantly! its what helps me function at the moment. Bananas - check (I eat fruits daily - at least 2 portions). I dont eat meat & fish though . Nuts - check (I eat almonds and walnuts once a day).

Yesterday, throughout the entire night, my ears were ringing!! I mean wtf is that? is it cos of the insomnia? I was totally annoyed not to say a bit scared

And I am seriously anxious to see my doctor. I badly want this thing to end cos it's ruining me atm.
    Ahhh :confused: ok try avoiding caffeine before going to bed, have your last cup well before you go to bed, 3 hours before maybe. I'm not sure about the ringing of the ears, that's new to me. I used to get the shakes, like literally be lying in bed shivering, not because I was cold but because I was so scared and such a wreck. It's horrible.

I know its scary thinking about going to the doctors, for some reason I'm quite anxious about seeing mine too if things don't improve, I'm worried they will see me as a time waster but I guess you want to nip it in the bud before it gets any worse. The worst thing you can do is just leave it and hope the problem goes away. Hope all goes well and you can get a good nights sleep soon

ReputationRep:
    feeling so ****. I was just sitting crying for about two and a half hours last night because I'm so rubbish and lonely.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    feeling so ****. I was just sitting crying for about two and a half hours last night because I'm so rubbish and lonely.
    :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonathan122)
    :jumphug:
    Thanks Jonathan, are you ok?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Thanks Jonathan, are you ok?
    I'm ok, sorry you're not feeling too great. :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: to all hope you are all doing ok.
    I'm not tbh been having a really bad spell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vienna Cannon)
    what's up?

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: I'm sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by death.drop)
    what's up?
    It has all been too much for me recently. Everything seems to be going wrong and I havent been able to cope with it. I keep getting so frustrated with everything and all the things that I used to enjoy doing I dont anymore I have lost my appetite but keep getting forced to eat. Hearing voices again and getting urges to hurt. also for first time in a long time I felt suicidal

ReputationRep:
    It has all been too much for me recently. Everything seems to be going wrong and I havent been able to cope with it.
    what exactly's going wrong? if you feel like talking about it someone might be able to offer some advice

I have lost my appetite but keep getting forced to eat.
    't really know what to suggest here, other than to try to keep eating small things. you need to eat.

Hearing voices again and getting urges to hurt. also for first time in a long time I felt suicidal
    Maybe you need to talk about things if it's all on your mind again, especially with the audio memories. Do you think you could speak to a counsellor?

ReputationRep:
    Everybody.
    www.givesmehope.com

... Just read, for a couple of minutes, and smile

ReputationRep:
    A few years ago my dad had a major stroke. He is paralyzed on the right side and he could not speak. He was in the hospital for months. But, for my birthday that year I got the most memorable present ever, my dad was able to come home. And the best part? He sang Happy Birthday. His perseverance GMH.

Some ************ stole my life. FML

ReputationRep:
    I'm fat, ugly and stupid. I get in everyone's way. All I ever seem to do is really upset my only friend, he'd be a million times better off without me around even if he refuses to admit it. I wish I'd killed myself 3 years ago before I even met him and saved him all the trouble, but it's too late for that. He won't be upset for long, and he'll find someone much better who doesn't make him cry frequently and not be able to focus on his work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antimatter)
    Everybody.
    www.givesmehope.com

that made me cry so much.

(Original post by Antimatter)
    Everybody.
    www.givesmehope.com

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.