The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKIII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1900
jonathan122
:hugs:

Just to back up what saber said, yes, there is a chance that, due to being ill, you won't achieve the grades you would normally get, which is why it's really important that your school and the examiners are kept informed about your health throughout the year, so that they can make the necessary adjustments when it comes to exam time.

Take care. xx

how are things with you atm, Jonathan? How's Imperial?(iirc at that being your uni)

Sabertooth
was feeling ok, now I've crashed. Looking for something to cut with again. :frown: They're telling me to go to tesco and buy more razors but I can't i would be in such deep ****

:frown: :hugs:
who is telling you to? :hugs:
Malsy
:frown: :hugs:
who is telling you to? :hugs:

I can't tell you who they are :frown:

I might call the crisis team i'm so close to oding on my "medication" but im scared.
:frown:

turquoise1234
:cry:

Anything I can do to help? Wanna talk about it?
turquoise1234
Really bad ocd :sad:

Are you getting any help for it?
turquoise1234
:nope:

was meant to go to the doctors yesterday, but chickened out at the last minute :frown:

Whilst I don't have OCD, I know how hard it can be to go and see a doctor about these kinds of problems, but if you do go you can get stuff sorted out and hopefully recover completely from it. Could you perhaps write everything down before you go so if you feel flustered in there you have something to fall back on and don't forget to mention things?

I know it's hard but once you take the first step you can get on the road to recovery. :smile:
turquoise1234
Yeah, i think i'll have to write everything down, my memory's gone so bad lately :frown:

I really hope so, but i doubt i'll get better :frown:

I can sympathise with that feeling completely, but tbh...you don't know until you at least try to get better. :smile:

Good luck with booking another dr's appointment.
I lie in bed awake all night trying to think of ways to kill myself. I spend every day trying to resist the orders to go to the shop and buy razors. My life is ****. My psychiatrist has got the crisis team checking up on me to make sure I don't do anything but it's just ridiculous. I hate this. I want out.

I'm sorry for posting so much, just going through a really tough time atm.
turquoise1234
:console:

What's making you feel like this?

I don't know. Depression. Uni. Life. Everything. :frown:
turquoise1234
:frown:

What is it particularly about uni that's making you depressed?

Haven't made any friends, can't keep up with the reading/essays, people talk about me in lectures, can't contribute to seminars. Basically everything.
turquoise1234
I can relate to that, had to leave uni recently cos i couldn't cope with the work.

I wouldn't worry about the friend situation, chances are when you leave uni you'll probably lose contact with most of people you met there. Friends come and go.

Before i left uni, i didn't attend for a few weeks and not one of my friends bothered to text me to see if i was ok. I found that most of the people you meet at uni are quite fake anyway.

Aw that sounds really ****. :frown: Are you going to try again at uni next year?

This is my third attempt, so if I **** up this time (as I am doing) I've well and truly ****** up. :frown:
turquoise1234
There aren't any decent uni's that offer my course in london, so i have no idea what to do :frown:

Also this is the second time i've left uni and i'm 21 now, can't face the whole UCAS thing again :frown:

Why do you have to stay in london?

I'm also 21, but the 2nd 2 times I applied I didn't bother with UCAS I just emailled the departments and asked if they'd consider me then filled in UCAS just to make it official. It was much much less stressful, perhaps you could try that method?

Thanks for chatting btw. :smile: Crisis team just came over and gave me sleeping pills so I should hopefully be asleep soon.
:bawling:
i am officially depressed. Can i be added to the members list please =).

thank you.
Reply 1913
blue_shift86
i am officially depressed. Can i be added to the members list please =).

thank you.

:hugs: Welcome
Nothos
:hugs: Welcome

don't get too huggy - i'm a straight man:P...glad to be here...been depressed for 4 years now. :frown: - and i mean been diagnosed depressed...not a temporary state of mind:s-smilie:
blue_shift86
don't get too huggy - i'm a straight man:P...glad to be here...been depressed for 4 years now. :frown: - and i mean been diagnosed depressed...not a temporary state of mind:s-smilie:

Hey there :smile:

You getting any help for your depression?
Sabertooth
Hey there :smile:

You getting any help for your depression?

i did but it wasn't much use so gave up :smile:. How about yourself?
blue_shift86
i did but it wasn't much use so gave up :smile:. How about yourself?

Yeah I know that feeling. I dunno though maybe you should give things another shot? Did you try all the possible roads? (meds/counselling/psychology/cbt/etc) Having depression for going on 4 years is pretty **** can definitely sympathise with you there. :frown:

me? lol. doped up to my eyeballs and have people come check on me everyday :/ Life sucks.
Sabertooth
Yeah I know that feeling. I dunno though maybe you should give things another shot? Did you try all the possible roads? (meds/counselling/psychology/cbt/etc) Having depression for going on 4 years is pretty **** can definitely sympathise with you there. :frown:

me? lol. doped up to my eyeballs and have people come check on me everyday :/ Life sucks.

i'm sorry to hear that mate! I had the option of being doped up when i first got depressed but i stopped taking my meds cos it made me fell too good and i thought i'd commit suicide in a peaceful state of mind:s-smilie:

So....anyhow i've been to see 3 different counsellors, doctor, psychotherapist, psychiatrist, and was waiting to see a psychologist but gave up cos NHS appointment was like 6 months after i was referred (i threw away the letter when i got it out of annoyance at it being late)

anyhow, i try not to study too hard/much...that usually makes me feel better, as does climbing :smile:
Hope everyone is ok today.

Sabertooth
Thanks. It's not going at all well though, I think I'm going to have to ask for another extension. :o:

Good to hear you were able to go home, do you think it was a good idea in the end?

I think you've got the right attitude re: boyfriends. In my [limited] experience having a bf when you're not doing so great yourself really isn't the best idea. It means you have someone to feel guilty to and to let down which can make you feel worse. Just my experience though. You said you have good friends which is great.

Know what you mean about what you see isn't what everyone else sees. It's tough when people are all telling you things which is totally different to what you think. But depression does that to people.

:hugs: I'm glad to hear stuff is going ok for you.

Ah if you need another extention then by all means ask for one, I guess its the only thing you can do. Is there any progress with it?

I'm 3 days away from handing my first bit in and haven't made a lot of progress with it. Looks like its going to be a last minute at 2am in the morning panic over the laptop.

Yeah going home was a great decission, I was still a bit shakey but miles better than I was last visit and I had a good catch up with mum and my sister. In terms of things with my dad they are a lot better, we still don't speak about things seriously but I've learnt to accept that some things I'll never be able to ask him, tell him. Our relationship doesn't work that way and now I've accepted it and its cool.

As for boys, yeah just when I've tackled one problem a thousand other seem to appear. My confidence is so low I just don't think I could handle a relationship right now. I need to be selfish in order to get to where I want to be in life before I can let anyone else in. I don't want to, like you said, just be feeling guilty all the time if I was in a relationship. I pretend that I'm ok with my self but I think I'm my own worst enemy at the moment, what others see I don't see. I go out of my way to avoid my house mates, I feel I'm not good enough to be around them. This paranoia is horrible, I just keep thinking "why are they talking to me? Being nice? I'm so boring and not good enough to be in their presence."
I've finished my counselling sessions and it has helped but there are things I never really opened up about, things I felt I didn't feel comfortable with sharing and I kinda wish I did share them now...its just hard being honest, I just keep feeling like I'm going to be judged for it.

Latest