Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    i'm sorry to hear that mate! I had the option of being doped up when i first got depressed but i stopped taking my meds cos it made me fell too good and i thought i'd commit suicide in a peaceful state of mind

So....anyhow i've been to see 3 different counsellors, doctor, psychotherapist, psychiatrist, and was waiting to see a psychologist but gave up cos NHS appointment was like 6 months after i was referred (i threw away the letter when i got it out of annoyance at it being late)

anyhow, i try not to study too hard/much...that usually makes me feel better, as does climbing
    Welcome!

I haven't been diagnosed with depression, haven't had the balls to see the doctor about it but I do suffer from anxiety. Its been a really crappy year actually I thought it was just a phase but there is moody and there is...oh my gosh I can't cope please kill me I feel helpless everything is so scary that the latter is what I've been feeling since January. THe anxiety only really kicked in a couple of months ago when I moved to Uni. I was having sever panic attacks every day. Went to see a counsellor and have realised a lot of things from my past I never delt with may be coming back to haunt me like me strange relationship with food. I'm noticing that I'm getting better now in terms of dealing with the attacks, they still come but I can handle them now, I know what to do.
    I've still got to sort my self out, get some motivation from somewhere to complete this course and just learn to enjoy life again. I seem to be happy when my mind is preoccupied but my biggest problem is I think WAY TOO MUCH lol. :o:
    We're all here to support you, if you want to vent ( like I do a lot) then feel free, we'll try to give you advice and support.

ReputationRep:
    Just to let you know I'm in hospital under a section 3 again. Not doing too good.

:hugs: for you all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becki08)
    Just to let you know I'm in hospital under a section 3 again. Not doing too good.

you are in my thoughts - best wishes and i wish you a speedy recovery becki

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becki08)

Big :hugs: to you Becki, big :hugs:.

You will get through this, we'll be thinking of you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue_shift86)
    you are in my thoughts - best wishes and i wish you a speedy recovery becki
    How are you today blue_shift86? Hope your day has been ok.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    How are you today blue_shift86? Hope your day has been ok.
    i'm good thanks. Still waiting for you to come online

ReputationRep:
    meh. feeling a bit down. :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    meh. feeling a bit down. :'(
    what's up malsy? i had an unproductive day - did **** all work

ReputationRep:
    Malsy :hugs: what's wrong?

I've been a bit wobbly this evening actually my self. I've started the thinking again...

ReputationRep:
    just feeling sad. it generally happens when i sit and reflect on how bad things are. :'(

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, its best to keep the mind preoccupied, easier said than done but it is doable.
    Gosh I'm shattered. Think I need some sleep. THings always seem completely crappy when I'm tired.

:hugs: wish I could stick around longer to chat. Hope you have a good night, try getting some sleep.

ReputationRep:
    i just cant help but think how badly ive ruined things. things should be just beginning at my 'young' age but they've ended before they ever got a chance to take off .. ohh sighhh

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you haven't ruined things. Think of it this way, if you have the power to ruin things then you must have the power to make things better too right? Don't go blaming your self or others for how things turn out just take it upon your self to try and make the best out of a bad situation. Like they say if life gives you lemons, no matter now withered and dry they may seem you must try your hardest to make lemon juice.
    Things only end when you want them to end. Remember that you are in control of your own happiness.
    I know its hard. I get days where I think I'm never going to look back and that I'm back on track with my life and that the anxiety is a thing of the past, but we all get relapses from time to time. Its just learning to deal with those relapses. You'll get through it!

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone

how's everyone today. I got invited to do an online numerical and verbal reasoning test for some finance company job and i totally cocked it up :yep:

I'm going to be jobless next year, and living at home with my parents - how **** is that!

ARGHHH i have my life! Everyone having a good day?

ReputationRep:
    i just don't see the point in this life anymore. i'm just living just for the purpose of living of seeing the world and just not being happy. i just want to cry forever then i hate myself for crying because i know i'm being a selfish git but my problems are real too. i just know things won't get back to being a bit normal until i decide to accept once and for all that others out there are suffering more and what not but that will never happen because others around me aren't suffering from what i'm suffering from thus it's not fair

don't like this at all

sorry guys hope everyone's ok.

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: Malsy
    :hugs: for anybody else who needs one too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsy)
    i just don't see the point in this life anymore. i'm just living just for the purpose of living of seeing the world and just not being happy. i just want to cry forever then i hate myself for crying because i know i'm being a selfish git but my problems are real too. i just know things won't get back to being a bit normal until i decide to accept once and for all that others out there are suffering more and what not but that will never happen because others around me aren't suffering from what i'm suffering from thus it's not fair

don't like this at all

sorry guys hope everyone's ok.
    :hugs: Awww...what's up Malsy? Don't be sad. You should go to hyde park and drink mulled wine. I hear it is really good . I go there alone every year to reflect on the point of me being alive whilst drinking mulled wine in the cold. It's really quite a relaxing experience... you should try it

ReputationRep:
    Knowledge is knowing that tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.- lovely little quote i've just found, making some things make more sense

ReputationRep:
    :cry: I hate it here so much. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    :cry:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.