ReputationRep:
    Why does it hurt so much? :cry:

ReputationRep:
    urgh life, people etc

ReputationRep:
    Whats wrong Nothos and Malsy? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Noooooo...PANIC ATTACK :cry: I hate it!
    My friend suggested going round hers for a sleepover. I just freaked out...I've been to sleepovers before so why should it be any different? Why did I freak out? Was just having dinner and then had a random panic attack....I thought I had gotten over them. It's so scary....everything is so scary. I need to be strong.

ReputationRep:
    hope you're ok in here! i haven't been around for quite a while - i guess my fourth year is just too busy for me to have time for emotions. i have no time to myself anymore...

stuff's piling up now though. tonnes of uni deadlines, plus the realisation that i'm very soon going to run out of money. and the bank refuses to give me an overdraft (based mainly on the fact that no two pieces of identification of mine have the same address on them. not my ******* fault i've had to move around. ugh)

and then i find out that my best friend was found dead in his flat on monday night. not quite sure what exactly happened yet. he was just past 23. i'm having to talk to his family, who he barely ever spoke to. they want answers that i don't have

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pocket Calculator)
    hope you're ok in here! i haven't been around for quite a while - i guess my fourth year is just too busy for me to have time for emotions. i have no time to myself anymore...

stuff's piling up now though. tonnes of uni deadlines, plus the realisation that i'm very soon going to run out of money. and the bank refuses to give me an overdraft (based mainly on the fact that no two pieces of identification of mine have the same address on them. not my ******* fault i've had to move around. ugh)

and then i find out that my best friend was found dead in his flat on monday night. not quite sure what exactly happened yet. he was just past 23. i'm having to talk to his family, who he barely ever spoke to. they want answers that i don't have
    Gosh I'm so sorry to hear that, so young too must be such a difficult time for you right now, just try to remain strong and focus on the good times you had together and be thankful that you had the chance to get to know him. As for deadlines pilling up I know what you mean! I've had to live off Proplus in order to get this coursework done for today. And as I suffer from anxiety, it messed with my head so much yesterday, had a major panic attack ( hadn't had one in weeks, thought I was getting better). I hate it when you feel you've come so far only to regress...
    I had conselling and it seemed to help but now I just feel like I'm back on square one again...must see the doctor about this, I don't want this to become my life.

ReputationRep:
    i'm sick of this unfair life.

ReputationRep:
    Malsy ? still feeling bad? you can talk to me whenever. Im here for you ok? I have off days too. I havent posted on here in a while so.. Im back for the meantime. Ive been slowly getting better, then tonight ive had a bad time of it again... So... im back =(. I hope I can sleep tonight. I dont want to go back to how I was.

ReputationRep:
    :cry: :cry: :cry: I thought I was getting better. I'm so scared....so alone. I'm only 18 and I'm already wishing the years away. How can it be so easy one minute and then be so hard? I am going to see the Doctor...can't take this any more, can't do this on my own. But I don't want to be drugged up. :cry: :cry: :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    :cry: :cry: :cry: I thought I was getting better. I'm so scared....so alone. I'm only 18 and I'm already wishing the years away. How can it be so easy one minute and then be so hard? I am going to see the Doctor...can't take this any more, can't do this on my own. But I don't want to be drugged up. :cry: :cry: :cry:
    Good to hear you're going to talk to a dr. If you don't want to be drugged up you could ask for counselling or cbt or something instead. Medication is only one possible route.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    Good to hear you're going to talk to a dr. If you don't want to be drugged up you could ask for counselling or cbt or something instead. Medication is only one possible route.
    Yeah've been avoiding the doctors for so long because one, a lot of them don't seem to actually care, they have this "why are you wasting my time" approach and don't tend to listen properly, I understand they are working in a time frame and have many patients to see ( some not 100% genuine) but it just makes me uncomfortable. Secondly I guess I'm scared of what the official diagnosis will be and how I will be treated. I've been struggling for so long, especially this year...I guess I just have to face the facts and deal with it. I've tried counselling and it did seem to help but I've been under so much stress with the course work and thats probably kicked off the attacks again.
    I hate moaning about things but I just seems so difficult right now and its taking its toll physically on me. Better get some sleep now. Thanks for listening Sabertooth. Hope you are ok and handling the work load :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RachelOranges)
    Yeah've been avoiding the doctors for so long because one, a lot of them don't seem to actually care, they have this "why are you wasting my time" approach and don't tend to listen properly, I understand they are working in a time frame and have many patients to see ( some not 100% genuine) but it just makes me uncomfortable. Secondly I guess I'm scared of what the official diagnosis will be and how I will be treated. I've been struggling for so long, especially this year...I guess I just have to face the facts and deal with it. I've tried counselling and it did seem to help but I've been under so much stress with the course work and thats probably kicked off the attacks again.
    I hate moaning about things but I just seems so difficult right now and its taking its toll physically on me. Better get some sleep now. Thanks for listening Sabertooth. Hope you are ok and handling the work load :hugs:
    Ah yeah I know the feeling, I've had a fair few ****** drs who don't give a **** and just tried to get me out as quick as possible. Normally there are quite a number of drs at each surgery so I dunno maybe keep trying and hopefully at least one will be nice...

Don't worry about getting a diagnosis, it's just a word to help them give you the right treatment it doesn't define you or your anxiety.

You said counselling helped, any way you could get more of that to help you now you're particularly struggling.

Hope you sleep well

ReputationRep:
    no matter how many times i tell myself there are worse people off out there, suffering more, come on get a grip otherwise things'll never change i still manage to sit and sob and self-pity. whyyy

Hi guys,

I found this lecture course quite interesting and useful:

http://oyc.yale.edu/psychology/intro...to-psychology/

ReputationRep:
    thinking about dropping out. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to fail. That's 3 times. I just want tto kill myself. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Keep going Saber, i know you can do it and you won't fail!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxkaylsxx)
    Keep going Saber, i know you can do it and you won't fail!!
    Thanks for the encouragement but believe me I've pretty much already failed. Can't do the work now nor in the foreseeable future. I might as well just give up completely.

ReputationRep:
    i'm having a bad day. Gah...suddenly feeling gloomy as i'm in bed at 22:46 on a friday and because i've not done any studying/work since last sunday

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.