Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone!

Got 3 unconditional offers to study LLB Law this September but still not sure which one to choose.

Any advise, especially from current students will be really appreciated. Have to decide soon!

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably go for Hull. It's got the best ranking of the 3, plus it's quite a cheap place to live.

ReputationRep:
    Hull

ReputationRep:
    Who deleted my post?

Hull is a horrible plave to live. Absolutely disgusting. I had the misfortune of having to go there for a fortnight.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/3158298.stm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TommyWannabe)
    Who deleted my post?

Hull is a horrible plave to live. Absolutely disgusting. I had the misfortune of having to go there for a fortnight.

Liverpool at 6th place and St Andrews at 7th position of 'Britain's worst towns'?
    I would doubt that guide to be honest...

ReputationRep:
    I'd go for Aberystwyth. Hull seems like a bit of a ****-hole.

(Original post by SacredNomad)
    St Andrews at 7th position of 'Britain's worst towns'?
    Ahahaha. I would love to see their reasoning.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone supports Swansea? I am also inclining towards Hull and Aberystwyth.
    Any advantages or disadvantages of both unis?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I've just finished my Law degree at Aber and seriously, I'd stay well clear. I've had no experience of the others though I do know that Swansea has a brand new legal centre on the Uni campus and the city is quite vibrant (I live close by).

ReputationRep:
    Swansea is great. I graduated from law there and had a good experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TommyWannabe)
    Who deleted my post?

Firstly that article is from 2003 and not a true indication of 2009

Secondly you had the misfortune of going to Hull for a fortnight I have lived in Hull my entire life and before you say sorry or something I love Hull and two weeks does not give you long enough to see Hull to its full

Thirdly Hull is a lovely place and a great University and is one of the cheapest places in the country to live in terms of shopping and especially petrol 99.9 for petrol and diesel.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.