Turn on thread page Beta

Is it possible for me to get a body like this? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I want to get a body like rugby players.
    At the moment I am skinny fat, so what kind of period are we looking for me to achieve a rugby body?

ReputationRep:
    Well when I started playing rugby I just joined a team and had a good 2-3 year regime of beer and just eating anything. The joys of playing prop...

Although at uni having to take it seriously (boo), had to start eating more lean meats, veg, less alcohol, lifting things and doing runs outside of training.

To be honest mate it depends what position rugby player you are, its not like footballers. A winger should train differently to a number eight, and a fly half should train differently to a prop.

Do you want to just look like one or are you actually going to play?

If you just mean get big (zzz) chest press and bicep curl every day for one year and you'll be HUGE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mattw89)
    Well when I started playing rugby I just joined a team and had a good 2-3 year regime of beer and just eating anything. The joys of playing prop...

Although at uni having to take it seriously (boo), had to start eating more lean meats, veg, less alcohol, lifting things and doing runs outside of training.

To be honest mate it depends what position rugby player you are, its not like footballers. A winger should train differently to a number eight, and a fly half should train differently to a prop.

Do you want to just look like one or are you actually going to play?

If you just mean get big (zzz) chest press and bicep curl every day for one year and you'll be HUGE
    I want to be big...position thinking probably scrum half...

ReputationRep:
    so what i do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4G_dollars)
    so what i do
    What do you do? What did you do? What are you going to do? What will you do? What can you do? What could you do? What should you do? e.t.c.

ReputationRep:
    wwjd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    What do you do? What did you do? What are you going to do? What will you do? What can you do? What could you do? What should you do? e.t.c.
    exactly...

ReputationRep:
    Squat, deadlift, rows, dips, chins, bench, press.

Train hard, play hard! How tall/heavy are you?

ReputationRep:
    Eat Big!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khanage)
    Squat, deadlift, rows, dips, chins, bench, press.

Train hard, play hard! How tall/heavy are you?

Currently I am 19, 5 foot 9 weighing 11 1/2 stone

ReputationRep:
    A skinny guy is never going to be big, you can put on muscle, but you can't end up looking like a ANDREW sheridan if you've got the bone structure of pete doherty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SH777)
    A skinny guy is never going to be big, you can put on muscle, but you can't end up looking like a matthew sheridan if you've got the bone structure of pete doherty.
    That's nonsense.

Most huge guys start of really skinny, that's how a huge portion of bodybuilders get into the sport.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SH777)
    A skinny guy is never going to be big, you can put on muscle, but you can't end up looking like a matthew sheridan if you've got the bone structure of pete doherty.
    Nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chew)
    That's nonsense.

Most huge guys start of really skinny, that's how a huge portion of bodybuilders get into the sport.
    My point is that you don't get huge, your skeletal structure stays the same and muscle is put on around it. Using the rugby example, you can have a guy with a slim build but still muscular who would be better as a back, or guys who originally have large builds who make better forwards.

maybe I wasn't clear in my first post. Apologies.

ReputationRep:
    I think if you start young enough, it can have some benefit towards a larger frame. Just a hypothesis. Dunno if it's been studied (how would it?).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    wwjd

rofl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SH777)
    don't you mean andrew sheridan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shaun12345)
    don't you mean andrew sheridan?
    Yeah, I knew the surname, wasn't 100 percent one the first name. They sorta sound the same :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 4G_dollars)
    Currently I am 19, 5 foot 9 weighing 11 1/2 stone
    11.5 stone really isn't heavy enough for a rugby player, even though your small and gonna be a scrumhalf.

I'll google the england scrum halfs now...

Harry Ellis [5'10, 13 stone 8]
    Danny Care [5'8, 13 stone 4]
    Paul Hodgson [5'8, 12 stone 2]

So theres a guess of the proper weight to aim for, 12.5 stone+.

Start upping the calories and protein intake, don't be crazy eating KFCs and Mcdonalds all over the place, being a rugby player you want to stay fit and relatively lean. Aim for 4-5 meals a day consisting of lean meats, carbs and veg, train hard, play hard!

Just wondering, where do you live and who do you play for? Also do you play at uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khanage)
    11.5 stone really isn't heavy enough for a rugby player, even though your small and gonna be a scrumhalf.

I'll google the england scrum halfs now...

Harry Ellis [5'10, 13 stone 8]
    Danny Care [5'8, 13 stone 4]
    Paul Hodgson [5'8, 12 stone 2]

So theres a guess of the proper weight to aim for, 12.5 stone+.

Start upping the calories and protein intake, don't be crazy eating KFCs and Mcdonalds all over the place, being a rugby player you want to stay fit and relatively lean. Aim for 4-5 meals a day consisting of lean meats, carbs and veg, train hard, play hard!

Just wondering, where do you live and who do you play for? Also do you play at uni?
    what uni team do you play for mate? played sheffield at all?

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.