Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to change particularly, I think i'll stop wearing trainers and wear boots instead

But no I'll stick to my psycedelic rock and Skinnies :P

ReputationRep:
    with me its different atleast in uni i'll be able to embrace who i am around more open people

ReputationRep:
    Most people do to take advantage of the situation that people don't know them, so, will attempt to become more likeable. Better to be yourself, to be honest. If you change yourself and then can't keep the act up, you're going to get found out and look like a right tool.

ReputationRep:
    I really should try and talk a bit less... and think before speaking...

But changing like that would require FAR too much effort.
    Plus, i think I might have chosen a university which actually ENCOURAGES individuality. On the open day I felt like I was surrounded by undergraduates who were on the same wavelength as me.

Maybe if you choose the right uni, you wont need to change?

ReputationRep:
    I am slowly changing my wardrobe from boring black/dark colours to wearing more nice/light/casual stuff. This doesn't mean I'm being fake or changing my personality (although I would like to change to someone who is more optimistic, confident, friendly etc.)

I think I'd regret it a bit if I stayed with the same type of clothes until I graduated. I don't want to look back when I'm old and wish I had worn nice things when I was young instead of looking like a cartoon character..

ReputationRep:
    Only in that some of my interests/tastes that I don't like expressing at home (my parents find me being me and not a little girl hard so I try not to rock the boat too much) will probably get a bit more free reign. I won't be changing myself, just expressing more of who I am. For example, I'm planning on being open with my sexuality around people.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to change my image, I'm just going to think before I open my mouth - that'll probably last 1 week :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I think I will gain a lot more confidence which will unlock new levels to my personality. I wont go out desperate to change though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absinth)
    I am slowly changing my wardrobe from boring black/dark colours to wearing more nice/light/casual stuff. This doesn't mean I'm being fake or changing my personality (although I would like to change to someone who is more optimistic, confident, friendly etc.)

I think I'd regret it a bit if I stayed with the same type of clothes until I graduated. I don't want to look back when I'm old and wish I had worn nice things when I was young instead of looking like a cartoon character..
    I'm starting that too, so that will possibly be a subtle change for Uni.
    Doesn't change anything about me particularly though, it's just I'd prefer to have more lighter clothes than the usual darks and greys!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about my 'image' as such yet, but I'm going to be going by a different name.

ReputationRep:
    i won't be

ReputationRep:
    no ,because i couldn't be any better !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redpaintednails)
    Not change, but be who I want to be.
    sometimes old friends at home don't understand that you've changed.
    This. I will be my own person.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you should try and construct a new persona for yourself as folk have said before this may make you seem phoney. But certainly with the fresh start uni gives you new people may see you in a different light to the people who have known you for sometime because these people have prior knowledge of your character.

I have changed somewhat since going to Uni, but i think it is more a function of growing up as opposed to to trying to fit in with a different social group.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    I don't know about my 'image' as such yet, but I'm going to be going by a different name.
    me too.... i´ll use the second part of my name , because i dont like my first one being pronounced english

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Why would I change my music and interests? Friends fit around me, not the other way around... :confused:
    Nicely put :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Not change, just feel a little more free in dressing how I want I guess. I have a few friends who are very judgemental and can't really accept it when people dress differently to themselves, so as much as I love them I feel a little uncomfortable around them at times. So no, I won't just changing for anyone, I'll just be who I want to be!

ReputationRep:
    I dont think its "change" that people do, its more that they have learned from their previous mistakes. People dont know you, so arent going to judge you on when you cried in yr 7 or something rubbish like that.

But you cant really change who you are, cant really put on an act because you will go back to your usual self give it a few weeks.

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably be a lot more myself and try less hard to fit in. After year 11 I've noticed that people grow up a lot and care less about other people's differences. I care less about fitting in than I did. Also everyone I've met so far in the same class as me seems really nice so I'll feel more comfortable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Why would I change my music and interests? Friends fit around me, not the other way around... :confused:
    probally the smartest thing ive heard seen her type lol

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.