Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bansheeee*)
    no ,because i couldn't be any better !
    *High five* The Script are f***ing awesome

I think that going to university will allow people to get to know me better, I was a bit quiet and kept mostly to myself in 6th form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imomo16)
    I'm planning on being open with my sexuality around people.
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    Why would I change my music and interests? Friends fit around me, not the other way around... :confused:
    haha you signature is highly amusing!! is it you cat by any chance?

ReputationRep:
    When i was at school i was really shy. Im now 25, married and have two kids and have really grown up and gained loads of confidence, I always say, if i could go back to school now i would never be shy and would'nt care about what other people thought etc. I suppose now i'm going to uni, i can be confident and not intimidated by people and be myself.

I also would like to change my style of clothes a bit. I always wear dark stuff and things to hide my body really as i'm a bit body consious (not sure how to spell it) but i'm trying to lose a bit of weight before uni and hope to wear nicer clothes.

ReputationRep:
    Change probably isn't the right word to use. I've been progressing as a person ever since I started college so I expect I'll probably find out new things about my personality (esp. living with other people in halls). But I'm not going to actively try and change my likes/dislikes,etc.

ReputationRep:
    At sixth form and around my friends, I was determined to label myself as this or that. At uni, I've decided I'm just going to go with the flow, be spontaneous and see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    I tried this at college and failed after a while so I'll probably stick to being Norman No-Mates this time around. I'll be going depressed anyway :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    I definitely changed at university. Not drastically in any way, but all in ways that I wanted to change - I was fairly unhappy with myself before I went to university and had a new start. I've grown in confidence, my music taste has expanded (mainly thanks to housemates' music tastes growing on me) and I've got more of an actual dress sense instead of wearing jeans and a t-shirt all the time.

You'll change without realising it, but how much you change (and whether it's for better or worse) depends on how much you want to/let yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'll change exactly, I think I'll just be more 'me'.
    Like, with people at school and 6th form they expected me to act in a certain way because that's how they first knew me, but when I meet new people I get to start over and be the more recent 'me'....if that makes any sense what-so-ever, lol.

ReputationRep:
    can't really say can't my image, acquire different music taste of other people, other then that no

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.