Turn on thread page Beta

Raising money for Raleigh international watch

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I am going to India for 10 weeks with Raleigh international next march, and am trying to find grant-making organizations, businesses, and trusts, who will help me raise the money needed to go.

I have been through the books in the library but keep coming to dead ends when I find out that the trust will only give to charities operating in Aberdeen, or Manchester, etc...

Does anyone here know of, or have had experience with, such organizations who have assisted them?

Any names or addressed would be much appreciated!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-o dore)
    I am going to India for 10 weeks with Raleigh international next march, and am trying to find grant-making organizations, businesses, and trusts, who will help me raise the money needed to go.

I have been through the books in the library but keep coming to dead ends when I find out that the trust will only give to charities operating in Aberdeen, or Manchester, etc...

Does anyone here know of, or have had experience with, such organizations who have assisted them?

Any names or addressed would be much appreciated!!
    Try writing to your local council - most of them have money to support these kinds of things so it's worth a go
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Melana)
    Try writing to your local council - most of them have money to support these kinds of things so it's worth a go
    Thanks!

Are you going to LAMDA?!? Thats like my dream :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T-o dore)
    Thanks!

Are you going to LAMDA?!? Thats like my dream :yes:
    I am Yay! Well good luck with your dream :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm on my gap year this year too, and around a month or 2 ago was deadset on Raleigh. I'm really put off by the fundraising though, and having difficulty getting a job =( 3 grand is ALOT of money! How's you're fundraising gone so far.....I just want to put the deposit down and get started but I'm really, really apprehensive.

Oh, and do you intend to go travelling post Raleigh??

And, heh, another thing, where do you live? If you're anywhere near close to Manchester we could help each other out....try joint fundraising events or something.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by allieRAWR!)
    Hi, I'm on my gap year this year too, and around a month or 2 ago was deadset on Raleigh. I'm really put off by the fundraising though, and having difficulty getting a job =( 3 grand is ALOT of money! How's you're fundraising gone so far.....I just want to put the deposit down and get started but I'm really, really apprehensive.

Oh, and do you intend to go travelling post Raleigh??

And, heh, another thing, where do you live? If you're anywhere near close to Manchester we could help each other out....try joint fundraising events or something.
    Actually i live in Bath, so pretty far away :P

I managed to get a full time job at a swankey restaurant and also a part time shift thing at my local theatre. Im gonna send like 20 letters to random trusts etc tomorrow and then write a speech to recite at rotary club/lions club/round table. Im also planning to do a sponsored bike ride from an indian restaurant in town to the indian embassy in london and back, should be a laugh.

I havent properly started work yet so havent got much at all - about 200. But ive payed the 200 deposit, so im down to 2600 now. I should easily reach the target

I do intend to go travelling in borneo and thailand, and maybe new zealand, after india (depending on how much i can raise)

It really looks amazing, i think you should do it

ReputationRep:
    Hey just seen this thread, I'm going to Costa Rica in July next year! allie I see ur in manc? I'm in Liverpool, and one of my fund raising things is a bungee jump on the salford quays in december, let me know if you want to team up and do it too! It costs £50 and so far I've got £163 donations! Also got a few more ideas up my sleeve, if anyone's interested?

If anyone has some more trusts to write to that'd be grand!

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I have just applied for a 10 week expedition in Costa Rica, I am wondering if anybody has any great ideas on how they have raised money? I understand sporting events are good but is there anybody with knoledge from doing it previosly?

Thanks

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.