Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A number of you have reported that your Track is showing that you are in Clearing when you can't possibly be.

UCAS has advised people who've contacted them to query this that it's a glitch and to ignore it. Whatever you do don't try and add a Clearing choice :tongue: as this will really mess things up.

Presumably UCAS are working on it and if we hear any more I'll update this post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jason1990)
    If the status of your firm and your insurance still remain conditional and haven't changed to being rejected then you are not in clearing.

If it shows a clearing number then you are in clearing...if it doesn't then you are NOT in clearing

try to read things carefully when it comes to ucas.....it says 'IF you have added a choice' meaning it may be a general message and not applicable to yourself.
    I have a offer firmed from Birmingham, its conditional
    but it says my application is currently in clearing =S

"The current status of your application is:
    You are in Clearing"

its got a clearing number and all
    anyone got any answers for this? Its really worrying me

ReputationRep:
    If you have clearing on your ucas maybe something has gone wrong with your application. You could have applied for clearing without realising therefore voiding your choices. I doubt UCAS would put you through clearing before you get your results. So maybe it is a glitch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simzyy)

You are in Clearing"

If your firm is still saying conditional, then I'm guessing it's just a glitch on the website. Give UCAS a call though just to make sure.

ReputationRep:

You are in Clearing"

That is quite strange. Did you do A-Levels?

ReputationRep:

You are in Clearing"

i'm in exactly the same position as you. I have a conditiona firm offer with birmingham but the status of my application says that i am in clearing and i also have a clearing number. I called up UCAS and they said it was a glitch in the system and alot of people are experiencing it. They said it should be sorted out before results day and not to worry. Also whatever you do, don't click on the 'add clearing choice' button, at the bottom of the choices page, as this will mess up your whole application.
    hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    i logged into my ucas track 05/08 and my status was "you have accepted an offer". i logged on the next day and my status was "you are in clearing" but i have no reply from my uni. anyone else had this problem or can explain? help would be much appreciated thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fletch16)
    i logged into my ucas track 05/08 and my status was "you have accepted an offer". i logged on the next day and my status was "you are in clearing" but i have no reply from my uni. anyone else had this problem or can explain? help would be much appreciated thanks.
    Have you had results come through recently, and if so did you meet your offer conditions? [I am assuming that 'you have accepted an offer' was what you expected to see.]

UPDATE: Turns out it's a glitch: see below

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minerva)
    Have you had results come through recently, and if so did you meet your offer conditions? [I am assuming that 'you have accepted an offer' was what you expected to see.]

UPDATE: Turns out it's a glitch: see http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...=988384&page=3 post #58
    Here is a direct link to that thread which focuses on that post:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...7&postcount=58

ReputationRep:
    It may be a glitch. It may be a general message. But when I log into track its telling me :

The current status of your application is:
    You are in Clearing

Your Clearing Number for correspondence with the Institutions is ------

Yet it still shows my offer as "Conditional Firm"

I've tried ringing my university, and UCAS, but its obviously saturday, and no ones around.

Any idea whats going on, so I'm not sat here having a heart attack for the next 3 days? Please.

ReputationRep:
    'parrently its a glitch in the system.

ReputationRep:
    I've got this too, I went through UCAS Extra so have just one choice and no insurance, yet it says I'm in clearing, but still have a conditional firm at my choice uni?
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    Probably a technical glitch... sit it out until Monday and phone them up.

Have you got your results yet or anything like that? If you're doing A-levels, then it's almost certainly a technical glitch, because the unis won't have your results yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by debrajane)
    It may be a glitch. It may be a general message. But when I log into track its telling me :

The current status of your application is:
    You are in Clearing

Your Clearing Number for correspondence with the Institutions is 025783

Yet it still shows my offer as "Conditional Firm"

I've tried ringing my university, and UCAS, but its obviously saturday, and no ones around.

Any idea whats going on, so I'm not sat here having a heart attack for the next 3 days? Please.

It's a glitch - others have reported it too. If you haven't had your results yet you're OK!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expo)
    I've got this too, I went through UCAS Extra so have just one choice and no insurance, yet it says I'm in clearing, but still have a conditional firm at my choice uni?
    Ahhhh, I applied through extra too.

Yeah i'm an alevel student. So no results yet.

Oh thank god, its not just me. It panicked me, to say the least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by debrajane)
    Ahhhh, I applied through extra too.

Yeah i'm an alevel student. So no results yet.

Oh thank god, its not just me. It panicked me, to say the least.
    Hopefully we won't be needing those Clearing numbers!

ReputationRep:
    Just be sure not to actually do anything with that number; avoid pressing buttons if you've not seen them before and are unsure of what they'll do.... or you could mess up the application!

ReputationRep:
    the fact that you put "dont panic" in the name autmatically makes people panic and think:

" Hmm, track glitch...don't panic. I'm not panicking, am i panicking? I could be! AHH!! Must not panic!!! STOP PANICKING!!!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    the fact that you put "dont panic" in the name autmatically makes people panic and think:

" Hmm, track glitch...don't panic. I'm not panicking, am i panicking? I could be! AHH!! Must not panic!!! STOP PANICKING!!!"
    Don't panic, Mr Mainwaring

But I'll change it if it makes you feel better

You have no idea how this thread makes me feel.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.