The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

:frown:

I failed.

I nearly got into Cambridge (through winter pool) with a U in an AS module, though..
Reply 21
Just looking for any excuse to top yourself off, aren't you? :awesome:
Reply 22
Student2806
You'll soon come to realise that GCSE results mean **** all in the grand scheme of things.

This.

OP I was like you at GCSE so I can understand.

On results day when I got my results I felt like I failed badly but there was nothing I could do and I moved on with AS and now it doesn't bother me.

Although GCSE's mean something to some Uni's, they look at your AS/A2 Predictions, P.S, work experience, any admissions tests you make take and many other factors over your GCSES.

Good luck with what ever you do but its not the end of the world if you don't get it, well it wasn't for me anyway. :smile:
Please don't become a TSR stereotype. :no:
Reply 24
Again, I keep wondering if this place is being serious or is some great ironic joke that I don't get.

If you're being serious, get some perspective. Failing a couple of exams made me a better person, FACT.
Anonymous
Well,

This may seem silly to to others, but I truly believe that if I don't get atleast 7 or 8 A*s for my GCSE results then I have failed, and will be a failure in life.

I don't know why I feel like this I guess it is just exam stress, but I honestly think I will feel extremely shattered if I atleast do not obtain these results.

I don't know what to do. :frown:

I'm sure you'll get over it.
Reply 26
Anonymous
Well,

This may seem silly to to others, but I truly believe that if I don't get atleast 7 or 8 A*s for my GCSE results then I have failed, and will be a failure in life.

I don't know why I feel like this I guess it is just exam stress, but I honestly think I will feel extremely shattered if I atleast do not obtain these results.

Get the **** off TSR for starters. This place won't help!
Reply 27
Ben77mc
Omg, I've just done my gcse, and I couldn't care less.

They aren't going to mean anything once you've done A levels, gone to uni etc.

ffs.

This.
Seriously, get over it.
Anonymous
Well,

In the grand scheme of things, your GCSE results mean pretty much nothing. Yeh they help you get into some colleges or courses... but once you're at uni/work/the real world no one is gonna give a damn what you got aged 16 in your exams. Don't place so much importance on them - yeh it's good to succeed but it's not the end of the world if you don't get all A*s. Aim high but don't shoot yourself down if you don't get all top marks - GCSEs really aren't the be all and end all. Promise.
GCSEs mean about as much as your SATS compared with A Levels or a Degree, unless you're the sort of person who uses their GCSE grades as a bragging point.
Nowt wrong with a bit of ambition :cool:
Meh, I'd be upset if I got less than 10 A*s (as in disappointed)... everyone aims for different things and so people saying things like 'Good riddance' are jealous because they didn't aim as highly/achieve as highly. Ignore them... if you get less than 7, it ain't the end of the world.
If you get 7A* you see that as a success. You're already a failure. I see 14A* as the bench mark for success.
If this is serious, people here should lay off. It annoys me when people who have done their GCSEs laugh about how easy and unimportant they are. They pretend that they weren't stressed or didn't really work, and then once they move onto uni they'll say the same thing about A-Levels.
unless your getting a job straight out of year 11, GCSE's really don't mean that much, as long as you have them its ok
just concentrate on A-levels and stop being silly
so if you get 6 your a failure? :rolleyes:
Reply 35
Emily069
Stop being an idiot. I didn't get any A*'s and I am bloody brilliant even if I do say so myself.

Me too! :o:

A grade in itself is worthless, OP, it is how you use the knowledge that is important.
Emily069
Stop being an idiot. I didn't get any A*'s and I am bloody brilliant even if I do say so myself.

hahah, i love it! rep!:yes:
Reply 37
It's been nice (not) knowing you.

Bubye!
Lol troll.

While I would be personally destroyed if I got less than two As in my A Levels, that's because I want to go to my firm choice bro. 5 A*s will not hurt you, and you can fairly well make it up at A level if you don't do as well anyway. Stressing over A Levels is kind of justified for most people, GCSEs not so much. Chill out. Troll.
Reply 39
I totally agree with you man! Getting less than 7 A*s is a very good reason to commit suicide! To be honest if you do worse than 7 A*s its pretty likely that they will ship you off to a mental hospital, for being too retarded! If I were you in that situation i would rather go jump of a cliff than go through that!

No! but seriously stop being a dick!

Latest

Trending

Trending