Turn on thread page Beta

Less than 7/8 A* = suicidal watch

ReputationRep:
    honestly love, grades are a letter on a piece of paper. i got into a big fuss over my A Level grades and nearly drove myself to a nervous breakdown... you need to relax or you will drive yourself crazy. there is so so much more to life! you've sat the exams now, there's nothing you can do about it, so go outside and have some fun. (: good luck! x

ReputationRep:
    If you're going out on a jump, do a flip!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellynubbin)
    hahah, i love it! rep!:yes:
    :O :woo: Thank you so much!!!

ReputationRep:
    I got 5 D's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    Because you said that , you're brilliant. I won't get any A*'s. But it doesn't mean your life is over. Hey I'm quite amazing myself if I must say so :giggle:
    Well done! You have the correct attitude! You win at life!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I second that, from what little I can deduce from your profile picture and profile in general, you appear brilliant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily069)
    Well done! You have the correct attitude! You win at life!
    Sarcasm much ?

ReputationRep:
    For a few very competitive courses they are important (Econ LSE) but it shouldn't mitigate your chances for other subjects/unis.

GCSEs are pratically useless - get 5 high As (270+) for AS then you will have an excellent chance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smilee172)
    why do people shout troll so quickly?!
    Because it's generally obvious. Plus H and R is the most trolled forum probably on the entire internet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maximum Velocity)
    Sarcasm much ?
    N-no! I was being serious

ReputationRep:
    I got 1 C and 1 B at GCSE above C and I'm carrying through a first in my degree to my final year along with a graduate job offer at £28k. It really isn't the be all and end all.

ReputationRep:
    Come to my school... it's literally impossible to get 8 A*'s here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleshambles)
    Because it's generally obvious. Plus H and R is the most trolled forum probably on the entire internet.
    ah well i disagree i think this one's genuine... but you never can tell

ReputationRep:
    you've GOT to be kidding me.

ReputationRep:
    Ok first of all, I don't know what you wanna do. But as I'm going for something at the very top of scale - Medicine - and have already had some interest from Uni's; I shall use myself as an example.

In English terms (I'm a Scottish Student), I got 3 A's, 4 B's and 1 C at GCSE. I didn't really care because unless your going for an apprenticeship (and the fact you want to achieve A*'s suggests to the contrary) GCSE's don't matter a hoot.

As long as you get good AS and A2 results (I got 5 A's and a B), GCSE's are removed from the equation. There are people getting into Cambridge with 4 A's - because they performed well where it mattered.

Don't let your parents bother you either, ultra-pushy parents are generally insecure about their own achievements. And do not let your peer group bother you - BE YOUR OWN MAN/WOMAN!
    "f*** what other people think" is what my father always told me.

Just remember, the fact you are thinking you could achieve so highly is a good sign of confidence and a testament to your abilities. Hang in there .

ReputationRep:
    what the ****!!!!
    Get a grip, and GCSE's dont mean anything once you've left school!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stratos)
    so we practically wasted 11 years of memorising xD since it isn't learning but being cultivated to a test paper.
    11 years! what!
    are you telling me you were never tested before gcse's
    its a culmination of stuff learnt in yrs 10 n 11 really

ReputationRep:
    This has got a little to much spam on, therefore its closed now.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.