Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everybody!
    I have been accepted via UCAS clearing to study in UCA university. But because i am foreign, I do not know what to do next? Need i call to the university? Or maybe i can begin to search for accommodation? Dose this UCAS Accept means my 100% accept to the university, or maybe they can cancel it? Please help me, because i begin to panic what to do :woo:

Thank you, please do not ignore me or BAN

ReputationRep:
    Why would you get banned?

ReputationRep:
    for idiotic question i think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maksarti)
    Hi everybody!
    I have been accepted via UCAS clearing to study in UCA university. But because i am foreign, I do not know what to do next? Need i call to the university? Or maybe i can begin to search for accommodation? Dose this UCAS Accept means my 100% accept to the university, or maybe they can cancel it? Please help me, because i begin to panic what to do

Thank you, please do not ignore me or BAN
    If your UCAS Track is showing 'unconditional' against your university choice, all is well. You will hear from the university in due course about accommodation - usually nothing much happens about this until after the UK A level Results Day. You could also try looking on the university website for advice for new students - there's nearly always something to find!

ReputationRep:
    The only thing i get is:
    Clearing Choice:
    University for the Creative Arts (Formerly University College for the Creative Arts) W641 01-Sep-2009 Clearing Accept 31-Jul-2009
    campus: M entry point:

Nothing about is it Conditional or Unconditional? what dose that mean?

ReputationRep:
    The only thing i get is:
    Clearing Choice:
    University for the Creative Arts (Formerly University College for the Creative Arts) W641 01-Sep-2009 Clearing Accept 31-Jul-2009
    campus: M entry point:

Nothing about is it Conditional or Unconditional? what dose that mean?
    OK, sorry - it seems that places gained through Clearing are listed differently. Unconditional/conditional offers are what people applying through the standard process (including Extra) get. Presumably you entered the choice on your Track when the uni said they would accept you, and then waited for this information to appear?

Either way, it has the same effect: you have a confirmed place and you should hear from your uni in due course. UCAS will send you a letter confirming your place, and that will include instructions about whether there is anything else you need to do straight away.

If you need a visa you will need to get that process started, though, and you will have to make enquiries locally about that.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like you're in. I think the chances of them cancelling are minimal.

The university should be able to help with accommodation, contact them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minerva)
    OK, sorry - it seems that places gained through Clearing are listed differently. Unconditional/conditional offers are what people applying through the standard process (including Extra) get. Presumably you entered the choice on your Track when the uni said they would accept you, and then waited for this information to appear?

Either way, it has the same effect: you have a confirmed place and you should hear from your uni in due course. UCAS will send you a letter confirming your place, and that will include instructions about whether there is anything else you need to do straight away.

If you need a visa you will need to get that process started, though, and you will have to make enquiries locally about that.
    Yes, i called uni, then applyed throw their online application, and then applied throw UCAS waited for about 2 weeks, and get accepted.

Thank you all for reply.

ReputationRep:
    Ok, now i get a letter from UCAS to the post (confirmation letter) they said that i need to send letter to the admissions to say that i am in, i have done this but i still do not have any reply ( i have done this 4 days ago ) is it normal or i should call admissions team? It is a problem to call them because i am now in Dominican republic and line here is awful. Should i wait to reply?

ReputationRep:
    Ok, now i get a letter from UCAS to the post (confirmation letter) they said that i need to send letter to the admissions to say that i am in, i have done this but i still do not have any reply ( i have done this 4 days ago ) is it normal or i should call admissions team? It is a problem to call them because i am now in Dominican republic and line here is awful. Should i wait to reply?
    At the moment, it's taking post INSIDE the UK more than four days to get to the desired destination because of the damn postal strikes. I'm sure you'll have to wait a little longer 1) for them to recieve the letter and 2) For you to recieve the reply.
    If I was you I would wait a little while longer, if you are worried about this then do phone admissions and explain the situation and you can get confirmation that the letter has arrived.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hvh)
    At the moment, it's taking post INSIDE the UK more than four days to get to the desired destination because of the damn postal strikes. I'm sure you'll have to wait a little longer 1) for them to recieve the letter and 2) For you to recieve the reply.
    If I was you I would wait a little while longer, if you are worried about this then do phone admissions and explain the situation and you can get confirmation that the letter has arrived.
    they asked me to reply via e-mail, so i e-mailed. But because of i am in Dominican Republic i can`t call them because the line is **** even throw skype... ( So i am worried about all this situation ( i want some garantees you now beause i will need to travel throw half a world to come to UK and if they say me oh sorry it was in SPAM we are sorry i will be preaty disappointed

ReputationRep:
    they asked me to reply via e-mail, so i e-mailed. But because of i am in Dominican Republic i can`t call them because the line is **** even throw skype... ( So i am worried about all this situation ( i want some garantees you now beause i will need to travel throw half a world to come to UK and if they say me oh sorry it was in SPAM we are sorry i will be preaty disappointed
    I think given you have a confirmed clearing place, your place should be safe and they should contact you if they don't receive it. for important emails like this I would suggest you set it up in your email to ask for a read receipt so that you know it has been received and read.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    I think given you have a confirmed clearing place, your place should be safe and they should contact you if they don't receive it. for important emails like this I would suggest you set it up in your email to ask for a read receipt so that you know it has been received and read.
    thank you for reply, i will do like that, today i will e-mail them one more time but with READ NOTIFICATION request.
    P.S. F1 rulez! :yes:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Start hiding saucepans and other useful things so that your parents don't get suspicious when they vanish the day before you leave

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Start hiding saucepans and other useful things so that your parents don't get suspicious when they vanish the day before you leave
    Lol :]

Thread starter, you got student finance all sorted?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! Thank you all for your time and replies! They helped me allot! :yep:
    Today i logged to the UCAS track and saw this: "Congratulations! Your place at University for the (...) has been confirmed." dose that mean i am 100% in? :rolleyes:

1 Day Ago 09:24 (Juno)
    Bad luck for me i am 22 and i live alone in Lithuania, so i think it will be cheaper to buy some stuff in UK than to pay for overweight in airport, maybe you now some good not to expensive places in Maidstone? :hmmmm:

Originally Posted by Juno

Lol :]

Thread starter, you got student finance all sorted?
    what do you mean sorted? I am sorry for my english it is not perfect :mmm:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2009

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.