Turn on thread page Beta

Student finance- which tax year for means tested? watch

Hey everyone, I've been on holiday and then had a few problems with the website so haven't been able to complete my application until now. However, my mum was looking through her part of it and apparently the evidence they need for the means testing is from the tax year 2007/2008. Is this really the case? Because that's quite a long time ago, and in a number of cases I'd expect the details wouldn't be all that accurate now, considering how dramatically financial situations have changed since about September or so!

Considering I'm applying relatively late, do you think the most up to date information (i.e. the most recent tax year, April 08/09) would be the best option? Thanks for any help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suuuuuuseh)
    Hey everyone, I've been on holiday and then had a few problems with the website so haven't been able to complete my application until now. However, my mum was looking through her part of it and apparently the evidence they need for the means testing is from the tax year 2007/2008. Is this really the case? Because that's quite a long time ago, and in a number of cases I'd expect the details wouldn't be all that accurate now, considering how dramatically financial situations have changed since about September or so!

Considering I'm applying relatively late, do you think the most up to date information (i.e. the most recent tax year, April 08/09) would be the best option? Thanks for any help!
    The Evidence summary listed here sent off by my mum included the following;
    Original P60P for the financial year 2007/08
    Child Benefit details for the financial year 2009/10

Send off what's requested, that would be my advice!
    If in doubt though, you could always give them a call...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Call them on: 0141 243 3929
    Non-0845 number above... it's cheaper, and rings the same phones that phoning the 0845 300 5090 would ring.

Lines Open Monday to Friday 8.00 am to 8.00 pm; Saturday and Sunday 9.00 am to 5.30 pm

But, sending off the deatils requested as soon as possible should be enough.
    And, by 'as soon as possible' you need to press on with it, this is understandably a busy time for them, so the sooner they have the evidence requested, the more likely you'll have all your finance in time for the commencement of your course.

Hope this helps, C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suuuuuuseh)

2007/2008 is correct. It used to be the latest tax year, but that meant having to rush figures in time for student finance - this is more of an issue for those who fill out tax returns.

You can send figures for this year if there is a significant difference.

Thanks very much both of you I gave them a ring and they said if the difference between the figures exceeds 15%, then details from this tax year can be sent.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.