Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone really, especially worried about english lang and lit? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2009j)
    my coursework was an A for english lit and i did well in the first section but did hardly any thing for the poem section as i spent to long on the first section, is it still possible me to get at least a C?

Yeah if your coursework was an A then unless your exam was like a D standard then it should average out a C or even a B if you did well in some other parts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    You won't get a U, trust.

Unless your answer was:

"SO DERE'S A POME, UM, YEAHHHHH, ABOUT DA SKY. TLKS BOUT HOW BLUE DA SKY IS INNIT".
    You are a professional joker. I reckon half of my year are gonna right that.

ReputationRep:
    Psh, I am.
    But only because of this thread, I had forgotten about it all until now, lol. The reading paper especially I think I didn't analyse too much or use the correct techniques I was taught and aside that, I didn't write too much. My writing to describe was also kinda rubbish now thinking about it. English Lit I am *fairly* happy about, I think I wrote an awful amount of good points that weren't waffle. See in 14 days. :/

ReputationRep:
    WEell I think I actually did alright. My coursework was a mid-B but I'm still aiming for an A overall which I think I have actually achieved. Am I the only one thats confident about my English exams? Actually TBH those are THE only ones I'm confident with. lol.

ReputationRep:
    I messed up both :/ My subjects that I was supposed to get A/A* in and I'll end up with, at most, Cs.

ReputationRep:
    Well. I messed up on language. But meh. I'm not that worried. It's only GCSEs. Besides there's nothing you can do now so just take it when it comes.

ReputationRep:
    Remember that in one of the language exams, when people forgot to turn over the booklet, you'll probably get a better score than you'd expect.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I will be flying if I pass, if I get a B or an A I'm happy as a bunny
    I love English, I just seem to have a talent for failing nearly every exam I ever do in it :l
    Honestly, I won't be surprised if I haven't just scrapped a pass in both.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    You won't get a U, trust.

Unless your answer was:

"SO DERE'S A POME, UM, YEAHHHHH, ABOUT DA SKY. TLKS BOUT HOW BLUE DA SKY IS INNIT".
    LOL that cracked me up. But yeah same with me. In my mocks and school work I always got A*s but in the exam I was coming up with literal crap I didn't know I could come up with. I'm pretty sure the handwriting was illegible and that I was repeating alienated in random places. The examiners going to take one look and go - hmm, F!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabka7)
    well i completely mucked up my english lit
    i wrote absolute crap, crap i didnt even know i was capable of writing
    i keep thinking that maybe the examiner wont notice and give me decent marks
    but who am i kidding, really?
    Lit is the one i'm dreading.

I sat Lang in November and somehow came out with an A :| I nearly cried out of shock.

but, lit, I wrote about Arthur Radley being Boo Radleys Brother.

Arthur Radley is Boo Radley.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Samus2)

I sat Lang in November and somehow came out with an A :| I nearly cried out of shock.

You got an A. How badly did you think you had done when you were waiting for your results?

ReputationRep:
    This is the one subject which i reaaaaly feel bad about. I didnt bother revising for the Language paper, because I didn't know how to. I just read the poems again. Tbh the subject comes pretty naturally to me but im bad at exam technique. I totally missed out item 2...i thought it was just that front page...so i answered it using the title page of a leaflet. Basically i answered a question about language using an IMAGE.

FAIL.

ReputationRep:

AHAHA
    im sorry i know this wait is hard but
    that really made me grin

ReputationRep:
    i am i think i have either got a D or a C or maybe an E the last paper was really hard. i did higher tier

ReputationRep:
    Well, I don't know...English too is "my subject", and I'm sure I'm just finding anything to panic about, but I know that if I don't get an A* I may actually have a mental breakdown...not because I'm some exam freak, but I've always been best at English, and I need that certainty to keep me sane when faced with Maths or Biology :/ I only dropped 4 marks in both my English Lit and Lang coursework, so hopefully, that will keep the rest afloat in case of majjah **** ups in the exams...

ReputationRep:
    I got an A in english Language so not really
    Don't worry I thought I wrote trash and it turned out ok
    best to be worrying than overconfident.

English Lit I'm hoping I've passed,
    I hope for a B at least

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coke Or Pepsi)
    You got an A. How badly did you think you had done when you were waiting for your results?
    Honestly, I was expecting a C, at a push, a b. I thought i'd done so badly after the exam. My coursework was a B aswell, so, I honestly don't know how I managed an A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sabka7)
    AHAHA
    im sorry i know this wait is hard but
    that really made me grin
    Oh god I know, i came out the exam and just thought
    Wait a minute. His brother is called nathan. ****.

But yeah, I'm hoping I won't lose too many marks? :/ idk, because, everything I wrote about him was correct, I just used that bit at the beginning of the essay...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colour Me Pretty)
    I got an A in english Language so not really
    Don't worry I thought I wrote trash and it turned out ok
    best to be worrying than overconfident.

English Lit I'm hoping I've passed,
    I hope for a B at least
    Exactly the same for me if I don't get a B, then oh dear...

ReputationRep:
    Oh god I know, i came out the exam and just thought
    Wait a minute. His brother is called nathan. ****.

But yeah, I'm hoping I won't lose too many marks? :/ idk, because, everything I wrote about him was correct, I just used that bit at the beginning of the essay...
    To be honest, I'd say you'll be completely fine, the wonderful thing is, everything is subjective, they aren't marking you on your factual knowledge of the novel, they're marking you on your capability to analyse and argue, so as long as you've talked about all the usual stuff (language, character relationships, themes etc.), you've got nothing to worry about.

In my friend's English class (different school), their teacher taught them the wrong poems, and they all left the exam thinking they'd failed, so trust me, there are some who have it much worse

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.