Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone really, especially worried about english lang and lit? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chebanana)
    To be honest, I'd say you'll be completely fine, the wonderful thing is, everything is subjective, they aren't marking you on your factual knowledge of the novel, they're marking you on your capability to analyse and argue, so as long as you've talked about all the usual stuff (language, character relationships, themes etc.), you've got nothing to worry about.

In my friend's English class (different school), their teacher taught them the wrong poems, and they all left the exam thinking they'd failed, so trust me, there are some who have it much worse

Mm, I wrote all about the usual analytical stuff it was just at the beginning of the paragraph I mentioned about his non existant brother Arthur.

but thank you

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people at my school did not open the booklet in the English Language paper :lolwut:.

Judging from TSR, this happened across the country! So the grade boundaries in that subject will definitely be lower.

ReputationRep:
    Meh. I made some truly retarded points about the non-fiction prose..I know its "easy" but I always feel like i'm stating the obvious. I ended up just scribbling any old thing down. Hopefully my coursework will save me..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gmartin2k8)
    I felt ridiculously ill during my english exams, and it being my worst subject i AM REALLY WORRIED about them considering i Need a C in lang or lit to do AS pshycology There the only 2 im really worried about tho the rest wernt too bad im SOOOOO confident about maths tbh
    LOL sorry just felt the need to post this..... i feel like an idiot tbh
    i got an A-Language and a B- Literature
    i cant believe how worried i was!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.