Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    My friend said that of September 2009 the theory test is changing from 50 questions to 100 questions. Is this true. BTW Ive just started to learn how to drive and do you think Ill be able to pass before September if this is true??

Thanx

ReputationRep:
    You should easily be able to pass before then. I thought they were just bringing in case studies not changing the amount of questions.

Do a google search...

ReputationRep:
    Ive just checked on the DSA after searching for about an hour and your right they are changing it to case studies.

Thanks!!!

ReputationRep:
    yes you can pass before then

and yes i believe it is changing from september

ReputationRep:
    Thank God i passed when it was 50 questions as i found that quite hard

dunno how i would pass if it was 100

and im sure you can pass before september but its not that far away get one booked and pass it

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I think if you've just started to learn how to drive (i.e. 2-4 lessons) then It's unlikely you'll have passed by next month. But then it all depends on how good you are, how many lessons a week etc.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wait so if i pass my theory before September do i have to do it again as it likely ill be doing the practical after september?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I think you'll be okay to pass before September. Even though you've just started learning to drive you can take your theory and it will be valid for 2 years, which is plenty of time for you to pass your practical driving test too

Good luck xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heir-Head)
    Personally, I think if you've just started to learn how to drive (i.e. 2-4 lessons) then It's unlikely you'll have passed by next month. But then it all depends on how good you are, how many lessons a week etc.
    I wouldn't agree with that. I passed my theory before I'd even sat in the drivers seat for the first time. If I was the OP I'd book a date now and just work towards that. As long as you are focused on passing and follow common sense advice you'd be able to pass next week if you wanted.

Hmm rereading your post it seems like your talking about the practical for some reason??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    Wait so if i pass my theory before September do i have to do it again as it likely ill be doing the practical after september?
    Course not it's valid for 2 years post the date of your test.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zahib18)
    Ive just checked on the DSA after searching for about an hour and your right they are changing it to case studies.

Thanks!!!
    Hey, do you have a link?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheEnergizerRabbit)
    I wouldn't agree with that. I passed my theory before I'd even sat in the drivers seat for the first time. If I was the OP I'd book a date now and just work towards that. As long as you are focused on passing and follow common sense advice you'd be able to pass next week if you wanted.

Hmm rereading your post it seems like your talking about the practical for some reason??
    Oh, I thought he was talking about doing his practical.
    OP - If you are talking about passing your theory test before september you'll definately do that, it took me a couple of days to practice.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.