Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I've sorted all my application stuff and got the finance junk sorted, however, on the letters, the university isn't my firm choice one (because when I signed up for student finance I didn't know what my firm was)

So on the letters, they still think I'm going to sheffield hallam, but I want it changed to Lincoln.

How would I go about doing this? do I need to?

(I tried ringing student finance but I had to put in my CRN and my pin number? but that didnt work for some reason)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steenoven)
    So I've sorted all my application stuff and got the finance junk sorted, however, on the letters, the university isn't my firm choice one (because when I signed up for student finance I didn't know what my firm was)

So on the letters, they still think I'm going to sheffield hallam, but I want it changed to Lincoln.

How would I go about doing this? do I need to?

(I tried ringing student finance but I had to put in my CRN and my pin number? but that didnt work for some reason)
    its pretty important that you contact them and change becuase they will pay your tuition fee to sheffield hallam rather than lincoln

ReputationRep:
    you need to fill out a change of circumstances form, which can be found on the website.
    also when you call student finance, press the zero key or the hash key (not sure which one - try both), and you'll be put thorugh to an advisor person

ReputationRep:
    Ok im filling in a change in circumstances form

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.