Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I sent off my application to Student Finance Wales on 8th June. On the application form for continuing students, the financial section states that:

"If you provided financial details in the academic year 2008/09 to support this student's application for student finance, you do not need to complete Section 9. This is because of a change to the Student Finance Regulations which allows us to reuse sponsor financial data supplied for the academic year 2008/09 for the household income assessment calculation in the academic year 2009/10"

Shortly before I sent off my application, I contacted Student Finance Wales by telephone to confirm that I need not send off any financial information as it was provided the previous year and did not change by 15% (whereby I would need to send it again). As a result of this conversation, I did not send any financial information. So now, 9 weeks after the application was sent off, and I still haven’t heard anything from them, only that they had received it. So I sent them an email asking what was going on, and they told me that that are still waiting for a PFF2 form off my parents, detailing their financial information.

The form asks for the SAME information that was provided for last year, wanting the financial figures for 07-08. So basically I’m sending them the same financial information as last year. I don’t understand why they originally told me that I did not need to send off this information, and now 9 weeks later I’ve been told I need to. So now my application is going to be delayed

ReputationRep:
    student finance wales are a joke anyway, i sent my forms off around may and first i heard from them was a month later when they "lost" my forms and asked me to fill them out again and ever since then it's been neverending corrospondence with them. they will write to me asking me one or two questions, i'll reply back. i won't hear from them for a couple more weeks and then they ask me more questions and a lot of times it's stuff that i don't even think is important/relevant to the loan itself

ReputationRep:
    I'm just going to ignore whatever Student Finance Wales tell me from now on.
    I rang my LEA to enquire about the situation, and they told me that there was no need for me to send any additional forms. The woman on the phone checked my application and said it was still waiting to be processed, but as all the financial information from the year before had been approved, nothing else needs to be sent in. She also suggested contacting them for future problems, not Student Finance Wales, as they 'often get it wrong'.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.