Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello

After a bit of advice really. I have known this girl for a while and we went out one Saturday as friends after work to the pub. We both had a really great time, by the end of the evening we were huddled up next to each other joking around more than friends would. There was some touching but nothing more really happened, but there was certainly some vibe.

I txt her after saying I had a nice time time and we should do it again. I get a response back saying she had a great time too and would really like to anytime. So we arrange to meet up again next Saturday.

Fast foward on and we had talked and txt'd each other and she got the impression that I like her (which I do ) and she tells me that she isnt sure how good an idea it is to meet up on the Saturday as she has a lot going on in her life right now, she still wants to remain friends, but can't offer me anything more right now.

Does this mean she is only going to see me as a friend, or does she like me as she says, but really cant offer me anything more at the moment ? Im guessing she does like me, otherwise she wouldn't of told me nothing can happen right now ? confused! :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Battery56)
    Hello

After a bit of advice really. I have known this girl for a while and we went out one Saturday as friends after work to the pub. We both had a really great time, by the end of the evening we were huddled up next to each other joking around more than friends would. There was some touching but nothing more really happened, but there was certainly some vibe.

I txt her after saying I had a nice time time and we should do it again. I get a response back saying she had a great time too and would really like to anytime. So we arrange to meet up again next Saturday.

Fast foward on and we had talked and txt'd each other and she got the impression that I like her (which I do ) and she tells me that she isnt sure how good an idea it is to meet up on the Saturday as she has a lot going on in her life right now, she still wants to remain friends, but can't offer me anything more right now.

Does this mean she is only going to see me as a friend, or does she like me as she says, but really cant offer me anything more at the moment ? Im guessing she does like me, otherwise she wouldn't of told me nothing can happen right now ? confused! :o:
    Both, really. I guess she likes you, else she should have said that you were just a mate.

So I guess that leaves you playing the waiting game then, OP.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I dont think she likes you more than a friend or shes just keeping you as a sort of option.

ReputationRep:
    FRIEND ZONED. :hahaha:

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I think she likes you! Give her some time

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, rather than agonise about it, I would just ask HER.

Personally I think she doesn't really fancy you or want to go out with you based on what you have said. But to save yourself from waiting endlessly for what may never come, I would talk to her to clarify her meaning so you know where you stand!

ReputationRep:
    I think she's just trying to let you down gently...

ReputationRep:
    If a girl really likes you it doesn't matter how much they have going on in their life they will still have time for you.

You my friend have just been

http://www.ratemyeverything.net/imag...iend_Zone.ashx

'd

ReputationRep:
    Should have made a move earlier son, you got friend zoned!

Or she never liked you.

ReputationRep:
    In Poker terms: She flopped a set and knows you can't fold Aces, so she is gonna flat the flop, raise the turn small and jam the river (aka the "stack-a-donk" line)

In English: She doesn't like you as much as you like her (and/or is interested in someone else) so is gonna keep you near as she likes having guys around her that will run around after her, and you won't mind as long as you have a faint hope of ever getting with her. The reality is that you have two hopes of getting her...........Bob Hope and No hope.

And sadly Bob's dead.

ReputationRep:
    I think you've been friend zoned hun.. she's trying to let you down gently by not outright saying she doesn't like you like that, but by blaming it on herself instead. She still obviously wants you as a friend so if you can settle for that then I would make the most of it. Just be careful.

ReputationRep:
    two things
    a)she is letting you down gently
    b)she is actually interested but needs to clear her head, but this sounds unlikely as she was conveniently unavailable.

Either way, she wants you to run after her. Leave her and find some fresh pussy, she ain't gonna put out soon. Move on, you'll find someone who's better looking and overall a better person. You'll find her and when you do you can "slap her with the ****".

ReputationRep:
    Only she knows the answer to that...

ReputationRep:
    Hello

You wanna make her jealous. At the moment it's obvious you like her more than she likes you, hence friend zone. If at all possible flirt with other girls (the prettier the better) in front of her, or better yet make out with one or two and upload pictures onto facebook for her to see.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.