Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

when did you start realising your parents were getting old??? Watch

ReputationRep:
    today my dad wasat the filling station putting petrol in his car and after that instead of going into the kiosk to pay, he randomly just came in, sat in the car and turned on the ignition, ready to leave.. i was like dad erm aren't u going to pay and he was like oh **** lool.. i was in bits and the woman at the pump next to us shouted ' i think hes getting a little old dont you' lol.. at that moment i noticed his little greys and went damn he is getting old..

so erm yeah im putting it to tsr.. when did you start realising your parents were getting old
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    When my Dad started getting his pension.

ReputationRep:
    When my parents started growing vegetables...bloody garden gang...

ReputationRep:
    my mom got a grey hair

ReputationRep:
    my parent grow fruits and their only 41.

ReputationRep:
    When my mum started making more than seven cups of tea day !.

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday I went into town to buy them their 25th wedding anniversary present, that made me think they probably are getting 'old'. They aren't actually that old though, 47 I think.

ReputationRep:
    This thread upsets me, i just watched Benjamin Button i am not prepared for all this talk of aging!

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I've never really thought of my parents as old. I guess they are kind of old but don't really act old. My parents don't have greys as they dye their hair to avois the greys (they have been sice the age of like 30). My mum looks very young considering her age - people have thought we're sisters since I was like 12. My dad looks older but doesn't act it.

When I was in Year 7 and a friend pointed out that my grandad was waiting for me. It was my dad. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    Hmm well they're both 54 but they each look about 10 years younger. Mum gets hit on by men in their twenties.

ReputationRep:
    My parents aren't really that old. My mum is 46 and my dad is 48. They both look much younger then they are as well.

ReputationRep:
    My mum was fourty and was diagnoised with high blood pressure then i didn't know what that was and i asked my bro and he was like "she's going to die with high blood pressure and future heart problems"..

i realsed my paernts was getting old.

ReputationRep:
    When I was about 10, probably a bit younger.

ReputationRep:
    When they died.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really think my parents are old. In fact I know that they are not old!! My mom and dad are both 41. People think my dad is my older brother! I am 18 but people think I am 15 so I guess he looks pretty young and my mom looks young too. When I was 10, the moms in the school playground thought she was my baby sitter!!! When she said I was his mom they were like 'oh'. And in secondary school people were like omg you're mum is a slutz lol.

ReputationRep:
    when i start seeing grey hair on my dad's head & beard. It really hit me...

ReputationRep:
    Mum's 43, Dad's 42, so I guess it was when Mum started growing vegetables and watching Gardeners World, :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Im 18 and my mum or step dad havn't even reached 40 yet so not old.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by London271)
    I don't really think my parents are old. In fact I know that they are not old!! My mom and dad are both 41. People think my dad is my older brother! I am 18 but people think I am 15 so I guess he looks pretty young and my mom looks young too. When I was 10, the moms in the school playground thought she was my baby sitter!!! When she said I was his mom they were like 'oh'. And in secondary school people were like omg you're mum is a slutz lol.
    WTF is wrong with those people disrespecting your mum, i hope you gave them a beating.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 12, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.