Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

when did you start realising your parents were getting old??? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    Your parents are younger than I am!.They must have had you when they were very young.

14 and 16 iirc

they are still together now.. married when i was 2.

ReputationRep:
    I've never considered my parents to be old. They're 43 and 45 (I'm almost 22). When I was a kid I was always the one with parents 10 years younger than their friends' parents, and partly because of that they still don't seem that old to me. A lot of my friends have parents the age of my grandparents.

ReputationRep:
    I've never really considered my parents to be old either, my mum is 46 and my dad is 47 (I'm 25). Like several others in this thread, my mum looks younger than her age, and I can still remember her saying how she found school events to be an ego boost when I was in school because she was one of the youngest parents there!

I'm really only now starting to see my grandparents as old, as my grandfather is starting to develop dementia (he's 72) and my grandmother's muscle issues aren't resolving as quickly as they used to (she's 66).

ReputationRep:
    The first time they started a sentence with, "when i was younger we used to......

ReputationRep:
    When my Dad's epic 'tache started to go grey.

ReputationRep:
    My Mum is 39
    My Dad is 46

But I knew my dad was getting old when he started bird watching =|
    My mum is pretty awesome. She goes out clubbing till 3:00am with her girly mates lol

ReputationRep:
    When my parents got grey hair...
    When my mum started wearing her hair in a bun...

ReputationRep:
    My parents are still very very together, but then their both academic. I don't see my dad as old, he looks 10 years younger than he is anyway. My mum runs out of energy very quick and has never been that agile, so I notice her age :p:

ReputationRep:
    aw thats sad
    yeah, lately ive begun seeing the ageing process make itself obvious.. not just physically.. but when my parents complain about aches and pains alot.. or they cant stay up late at night ... it bums me out

ReputationRep:
    When my Dad turned 50. My mum turned 50 in March this year. My Dad's three year older than my Mum so that makes him 53. Corr...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apocalypte)
    I've never really considered my parents to be old either, my mum is 46 and my dad is 47 (I'm 25). Like several others in this thread, my mum looks younger than her age, and I can still remember her saying how she found school events to be an ego boost when I was in school because she was one of the youngest parents there!

I'm really only now starting to see my grandparents as old, as my grandfather is starting to develop dementia (he's 72) and my grandmother's muscle issues aren't resolving as quickly as they used to (she's 66).
    Dw, dementia takes ages to take a major effect Saw my grandad this month and he's alright... though he was diagonsed in October...

ReputationRep:
    when my dad announced he is now to old to wear beige

ReputationRep:
    Well my mum and dad are 41 and 45 respectively, but my mum is always being mistaken for my sister as she looks about 25 (no joke) and my dad still has a full head of hair and no greys, so I guess they're doing ok for themselves.

(Original post by Lady_KaKa)
    Well my mum and dad are 41 and 45 respectively, but my mum is always being mistaken for my sister as she looks about 25 (no joke) and my dad still has a full head of hair and no greys, so I guess they're doing ok for themselves.
    Do they look as beautiful as you? :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Do they look as beautiful as you? :love:
    Haha :blush:
    Actually, sometimes I feel quite inferior to my mum because she gets a lot of attention from the sort of guys I go for.
    She's gets chatted up by 21 year olds :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    When I clocked that my dad was only a few years away from 50 - :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    The other day my granny (87 and still going strong!) was telling me about a woman who died aged 65 and what a such a shame that "such a beautiful young woman would go so early."

'Old' really is a relative concept, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    I'm 17, almost 18.. My mum and dad only recently hit 40.. My Mum turned 40 last December and my Dad did last February.. I don't really see them as old ! They don't do any stupid forgetful things either that imply memory loss or short-term spans or anything.. So not yet.. Haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThemThereEyes)
    My parents aren't really that old. My mum is 46 and my dad is 48. They both look much younger then they are as well.
    Yuuup
    Same here

ReputationRep:
    when my mum turned 50.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 12, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.