Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    is it right that there is only 24 weeks of education in a uni year?

ReputationRep:
    overall, i have 5 months of holiday!!!

ReputationRep:
    Between 24-30 yeah. I think in some unis the academic year (including Xmas and Easter holidays) is a total of 37 weeks (well that's how long my halls lease is).

ReputationRep:
    Mine's only 24 weeks although if you count the days you're actually there it's like a week or more longer

ReputationRep:
    12 weeks lectures and then a few more weeks dedicated to writing assignments and sitting exams. Summer is for internships.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    I think when people say 30 weeks they're including the time for exams and studying for exams.

It was about 21 weeks of teaching for me.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, lucky you! I have like 7 weeks of holiday in the whole year. 2 weeks off for christmas, 1 week for easter and summer holidays are 4 weeks which are split up. So I get 2 weeks summer holidays and then I go placement then another 2 weeks - that sucks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~emy~)
    Wow, lucky you! I have like 7 weeks of holiday in the whole year. 2 weeks off for christmas, 1 week for easter and summer holidays are 4 weeks which are split up. So I get 2 weeks summer holidays and then I go placement then another 2 weeks - that sucks!
    What subject is thi for by the way?

ReputationRep:
    mines 22!
    2 12 week semester and a reading week in each

ReputationRep:
    Mine's three terms of 10 weeks, so 30 weeks total. But that includes all reading weeks and exam periods and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    why's it so short? :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ghanglish)
    What subject is thi for by the way?
    Radiotherapy and Oncology

ReputationRep:
    Imperial has 11+11+9.

ReputationRep:
    This year just gone I had 23 weeks of learning and exmas. I finished my exams in the 33rd week but I had 10 weeks off as holiday.

So yes it tends to be between 24-30 weeks. It all depends on when your exams end.

ReputationRep:
    mine was 12 + 12 ... i think this just shows that every uni has completely different terms - best thing to do is look at your potential uni website and look up their semester dates to get a better idea.

ReputationRep:
    Don't count Christmas or Easter as holidays. You'll have too much work to do from the 2nd year onwards :p:

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.